In this Discussion

the English Football thread

Comments

• i am not a fan of fat ronaldo, or twat ronaldo...both anoy me
  • QUOTE (Head Full of Crazy @ Jun 8 2008, 10:21 AM)
    i can't see how anyone can just earn that much, what do you do with it all?

and yet docters, police, firemen and all the important people in life get paid such low pay rates..

Teachers!!! Teachers are the most underpaid group in all of society. I don't know how things are over there, but Doctors make a nice amount over on this side of the pond. Maybe that's what they have against universal healthcare...

(this actually *is* Rachel, btw)
  • i forgot teachers, they desurve pay rises also...

anyways FOOTBALL

germany vs poland last night was crazy, poland lost yet again to germany, theve never beaten them in 16 or 17 games now i think..
  • germany looked kinda sloppy, but theyll probably still do very well, they have too much talent and leadership to not do well

now

players id take before cristiano ronaldo part 1

kaka

fabregas

messi

i hate cristiano ronaldo.
  • the holland - italy match tonight was erotic
  • uuuh who won??

Joe, totally agree with Kaka and Messi, both very good players.

One of my favourite of the portuguese team:
    João Moutinho
    he plays for sporting of lisbon, my team biggrin.gif and was the best player in the field in the last game. It's hard to believe he's only 21 and is the shortest player on our team, but he runs really fast.

I desagree with the Ronaldos part, I love Ronaldinho Gaúcho because he just rocks with a ball in his feet:

And C. Ronaldo isn't that bad guys...he's a hard worker and that counts too...
  • was 3-0 to holland in the end!
  • cool, better Holand than Italy laugh.gif
  • Spain were super amazing in there thwacking of russia earlyer..

defending champs greece up next! agains sweeden
  • yes for kaka, fabregas, and ronaldinho smile.gif

I'm sure messi's good too, I just don't know much about him.

yay for spain!

and the netherlands- that game was insanity. biggrin.gif in a good way. I don't like Italy. at all. (the soccer team, I mean, I like the country as a whole. mostly.)

• greece vs sweeden has been good so far! still 0-0

as soon as i post that, sweeden just scored an erotic goal!

1-0

edit edit

2-0
  • so I'm guessing Sweden won?
    I figured they would.

Greece is a good team and all, but they were annoying to watch.
    the whole five men on defense thing doesn't really work for me- how do they expect to score?

I only watched the first half, though, before escaping to somewhere with air conditioning.

It was sort of interesting to watch.

• nooo Italy what the hell was that?? This country was so depressed yesterday. Stupid non-offsides goal...I hate technical rules like that. Not that it was the whole problem, cause obviously the team didn't really have their shit together, but still.

Yay Spain! Sadly I haven't actually watched any of the games cause I've been studying for finals (grrr), but I plan on going to watch the next two Italy games--I hope to watch Italy thrash France but if they play like they did the other night I might be disappointed.
  • goto the Czechs against portugal on now, gonna be a great game!
  • 3-1!!!! we wooooooooooooooon!!was an awesome game! Czechs play awesome football and their goal keeper is great! Thwy were quite awesome...Next we're going to paly with Switzerland I think...they're suffering the "curse" of the house team...
  • i think they are suffering more from the curse of being shit at football..

the germany match was great yesterday, always good to see them lose =p

(sorry mayo)
  • it's ok Andy, but only you can say that, the football rivalry between germany and england is so funny biggrin.gif

anyway, apart from the tube station that stopped showing where certain trains go in order to show football results (i'm not kidding here) we also have a special championship menu in our uni canteen... on thursday we had ucrainian and german specialties, and I took the german because it wasn't the usual typical german sausages and sauerkraut, but hamburger and fries... But honestly, this country is football-crazed!
  • QUOTE (Head Full of Crazy @ Jun 13 2008, 03:38 PM)
    i think they are suffering more from the curse of being shit at football..

the germany match was great yesterday, always good to see them lose =p

(sorry mayo)

yeah that too, didn't want to be mean tongue.gif

English are rivals of everyone...Netherlands, Germany Portugal...who do you like people?tongue.gif

Mayonaise, I get you...here when the team plays who can't see a single PERSON on the street. No cars in the road. the supermarkets are empty...the country STOPS for 90 minutes.
  • QUOTE (m_I_a @ Jun 14 2008, 05:08 PM)
    yeah that too, didn't want to be mean tongue.gif

English are rivals of everyone...Netherlands, Germany Portugal...who do you like people?tongue.gif

Mayonaise, I get you...here when the team plays who can't see a single PERSON on the street. No cars in the road. the supermarkets are empty...the country STOPS for 90 minutes.

i think we dont like anyone else as a nation =p

my mum and dad arnt watching the tourny cause england arnt in it!

however, i love football, and i love england, and have a large soft spot for japan

and im very much supporting spain and holland for these 3 weeks as they play sexy football!
  • booooo not Spain tongue.gif but holand rocks the field, they're fast!
    well that's extreme, dening the euro becuase England isn't playing but I admit that if Portugal wasn't in the euro I'd probably just watch the last game or something...so I get your parents's feelings wink.gif