In this Discussion

Olympic Mania

edited November -1 in General Discussion
seeing as we have alot of diffrent nations on this baord, whos will be best at winning circles of gold, silver and bronze

the greatest of Britons, Great Briton should take home some medals!

my beloved japan and ireland should get some aswell!

one of GBs medal hopes, a boxer has been sent home for failing weight...well done GB...well done

Comments

• i think steriods will will the most medals, then in 2nd america

although they go hand in hand(arm)

BOOM take that you superior athletes
  • i usually like watching bits of the opening ceremonie... but had an exam this early morn ... anything interesting?
  • lots and lots and lots of fireworks and dancing

• nice.

im rooting for italy and the usa
    and maybe for pandy's sake great britain!
    unless they are competing against each other. sorry andy!!!
  • whats italy good at?

• i don't know.
    stuff?
    even if they suck im still rooting for them. cuz im italian. gotta have pride tongue.gif
  • fair nuff, ill root for you abit then =p
  • yay biggrin.gif

i haven't seen the opening ceremony yet
    im watching it tonight
  • wow, watch the highlites, not the four hours

or you might die from boredom
  • haha
    i can handle the boredom. i watch almost the entire four hours every time we have olympics.
    of course i often run around the house like a crazy person, play on the computer and listen to music while watching.
  • I don't think the Olympics are that special. They happen every four years (every two if you count the winter olympics).
    And don't get me started on the Special Olympics. They happen every year. wink.gif
  • I am a HUGE, HUGE Olympics fan.
    I sometimes get ridiculously patriotic, and the Olympics just gives me a chance to scream TEAM USA! TEAM USA! out the window every hour or so.
    I very nearly cried when Hamm dropped out, and now that his brother dropped out too, I'm not going to be able to watch the gymnastics competition.
    But I'm in love with Phelps now. He's so pretty! And amazing! And cool! wub.gif

I'd like to be one of those people who root for the world, amd says "Go world! Go world!" as that's a really admirable spirit, but I'm not good enough for that. I'd also like to root for other countries, but I honestly can't name any athletes but Americans- I'm probly gonna change that tho, lol.

But, if I just root for countries I love without knowing their athletes, then I have to root for Russia, the UK, Canada, South Korea, France.
  • QUOTE (Tabetha @ Aug 8 2008, 07:16 PM)
    But I'm in love with Phelps now. He's so pretty! And amazing! And cool! wub.gif

Even with the whole DUI thing? That's not so cool.
  • QUOTE (MyFavoritePerson @ Aug 8 2008, 07:44 PM)
    Even with the whole DUI thing? That's not so cool.

True, lol image
    I need to stop with the uncontrollable crushes.

oooooh, but just looky!
    http://www.popstarsplus.com/images/MichaelPhelpsPicture.jpg
    Gah! Must look away.
  • Haha, that's okay. As long as you realize it.
  • Wow, the last time a summer game happened was during those shaky confusing first few days of being a freshman in dental school. Seems just like the day before yesterday. Time flies. Couldn't watch it then cause I didn't have a tv yet. I like how during the swimming, they put across the pool the name and country each swimmer is from. Is that a new thing? What do you guys think is the most boring/pointless competition and what's the raddest? and why
  • I love the Olympics. I love being able to come down in the morning, press the red button and have the choice of 4 or 5 sports to watch. Both this morning and yesterday morning I've watched the gymnastics. I'm also hoping there's some floorwork, you know with the ball, twiddle baton and ribbon on a stick. And table tennis. And mens basketball. And athletics

Yesterday I had to laugh at this guy doing gymnastics on the rings. He tried to spin and accidentally let go, spining two and a half times in the air and landing on his head. At that point, I felt sorry for him. But then he looked around cautiously whilst standing up... then put his arms out either side for the dismount. Then I started giggling

But I missed the majority of the opening ceremony because I went out. I saw the bits with the drummers and the lights. That was cool. And the painters, that was pretty awesome. I left just as the 3000 army came on
  • Does anybody know when the Softball games are going to start?
  • pommle horse is a stupid event, really really dumb

apprently GB won a gold today, im still catching up on last nights/this mornings meddles

so im like a half a day behind on everything

[EDIT]

Cooke won gold in the bikeing

BOOM

eat shit world, we just PWN'D you
  • great britain just got another gold! some women swimmer, I forget what it was exactly