In this Discussion

Luther College

Comments

• TEMPE - CONGRATULATIONS! I just noticed the degree!
  • So what's the final word? Who is going to this show?

If I can get a ticket I'll be there! I'm going to call the college in the 9th for tickets.
  • I know Becky said that she won't make it
    Are you going, T-Dog and AGNAT?
  • I can only make it if T-Dog goes. So if she goes I can go lol.
  • I just got my ticket!

here's the number for the Luther box office

(563) 387-1357.

Now get ta callin', people!! I want to meet U all there!!
  • QUOTE (bullshituous @ Aug 19 2008, 02:41 PM)
    TEMPE - CONGRATULATIONS! I just noticed the degree!

QUOTE (bullshituous @ Sep 9 2008, 06:52 AM)
    I just got my ticket!

here's the number for the Luther box office

(563) 387-1357.

Now get ta callin', people!! I want to meet U all there!!

Aww, thank you bullshituous. Ah! So lucky! Take me with you! All the good stuff happens in the midwest, doesn't it? I think I'm applying to a school in Iowa, actually. Anyway, have fun!
  • QUOTE (Rebekker @ Sep 10 2008, 10:36 PM)
    I can't go sad.gif

Aww. I'm sorry. Maybe their next stop will be closer to your college.
  • Ahh, that sucks Rebekker! I'm sorry! sad.gif
  • I know, I'm really sad. Well, I hope you have a great time

I'll just hope maybe they'll start touring soon after they're done recording and they'll still play Don't Ask Me. I wanted to rock out to that live one more time.

I'm not sure if they would still play it when they start the new songs, since it's one of the older ones. I know they'll still play some old ones, but that one's one of the older ones
  • Any word on who else is going? I am thinking I'm going to be all alone at the show sad.gif
    waahhhh....
  • QUOTE (bullshituous @ Sep 18 2008, 08:44 AM)
    Any word on who else is going? I am thinking I'm going to be all alone at the show sad.gif
    waahhhh....

I wish I could, but work comes before play, I'm afraid. sad.gif
  • QUOTE (toiletdog @ Sep 18 2008, 10:10 AM)
    I wish I could, but work comes before play, I'm afraid. sad.gif

Ahhhh, darn that old protestant work ethic.... tongue.gif
  • QUOTE (bullshituous @ Sep 18 2008, 09:44 AM)
    Any word on who else is going? I am thinking I'm going to be all alone at the show sad.gif
    waahhhh....

Ya know, some of the best shows I've been to, I've gone by myself. You don't have to worry about someone else being bored, wanting to leave early, wanting to wait forever for whomever, or just worry about them in general.

I hope you have fun and get to meet the guys after the show!!
  • QUOTE (beckysioux @ Sep 18 2008, 10:11 PM)
    Ya know, some of the best shows I've been to, I've gone by myself. You don't have to worry about someone else being bored, wanting to leave early, wanting to wait forever for whomever, or just worry about them in general.

I hope you have fun and get to meet the guys after the show!!

You know, you have a point there. I was actually thinking of it that way too. I was going to see if I could get my friend to drive down with me, but now I think I might enjoy it a lot more solo.

Thanks Becky
  • Ok so I need some advice on meeting them after the show (or before)
    I'm definitely not one to be pushy and ask for signatures so I'll have to work on my shyness, but I'd love to hear some of the techniques you guys have used for finding (and holding captive) the boys.
    In other words, WWYD to maximize your meeting potential?
    I met Dan once, but that was basically thrown in my lap since he came out into the audience and sat next to me.
  • You're welcome!

I've only met them by myself once. I just went up to them, said hi and then introduced myself. This was before a show at the Chicago HOB. Dan was wandering around and I said hi and gave him some boardie love. Damian and Tim were grading contestants in a GHIII tournament, so I went up to them once the tournament was over. That was when I had Damian sign my book. I didn't meet Andy, even though he was wandering all over the place, too many jitters that I should've knocked outta my system.

It's really easy. It's just getting to the point of actually saying hello that's the hard part.

If you see their tour bus (if they're using their tour bus) before the show, hang out by it after the show and you can see them when they're walking back. That's how I got to talk to all of them when they were at Grand Rapids. Otherwise, scope out the exits from the auditorium they're playing at and hang out by there after the show.

As far as holding them captive, um, if Dan's drunk you could probably say yellow and he's with you the whole way. For Andy, anything to do with baseball. As for Damian and Tim, um, that one's a little harder as I haven't had long coversations with them. If you have a copy of Things I've Learned... , you could use that as an ice breaker with Damian and ask him to sign it, ask questions about his story, etc. And if Tim's around, tell him he needs to write something.

Hmmm, this ended up being longer than I thought it would be.

And don't forget to give us a write-up of the show. I'm sure it will be a great one!
  • Becky pretty much covered everything. I doubt they would have a bus since it's just a one-off, so just hang around entrances and exits or keep an eye out once you're inside. That usually works for me.

If you need a reason to go up to them, just say you need to give them a hug from Kalinda. Especially if you see Dan because I want to see how many times I can give him a hug without actually hugging him. So far I'm at one (Thanks Becky!).
  • QUOTE (ezorvera @ Sep 20 2008, 01:44 AM)
    If you need a reason to go up to them, just say you need to give them a hug from Kalinda. Especially if you see Dan because I want to see how many times I can give him a hug without actually hugging him. So far I'm at one (Thanks Becky!).

Anytime!
  • QUOTE (ezorvera @ Sep 19 2008, 11:44 PM)

I feel honored to have hugged the girl who hugged the Dan. I should've got her autograph! wink.gif