In this Discussion

Beautiful People Thread

Comments

• QUOTE (darbie_starpower @ Aug 6 2008, 07:18 PM)
    well i'm not sure about that dress, but i do know that imogen occasionally gets clothes from http://www.pinareris.com/index2.php

Oh, thanks, darbs. I really dig some of those dresses. So pretty.

My pretty person of the day: young Paul McCartney. Hush, joe/sweetness, just let me go on this rant:

I mean yeah, clearly he realized he was cute and photogenic and would squeeze it for all it was worth. But still, you can't tell me if you saw that face walking down the street you wouldn't do a double take. Young Paul is the reason why I have a lethal attraction to pretty boys with baby faces and the reason why I can't seem to tolerate dating bald men.

• That's why it's so depressing that his face looks like a wet paper bag now. George, however, was a fox to the end.
    pheeeeelps!!!!!!
  • QUOTE (Tempe Arizona @ Aug 14 2008, 07:23 AM)
    I mean yeah, clearly he realized he was cute and photogenic and would squeeze it for all it was worth. But still, you can't tell me if you saw that face walking down the street you wouldn't do a double take. Young Paul is the reason why I have a lethal attraction to pretty boys with baby faces and the reason why I can't seem to tolerate dating bald men.

Tempe darling... as if you needed a real excuse to not date bald men... at least Paul and his baby face are a good excuse wink.gif

QUOTE (mixtape @ Aug 14 2008, 11:17 AM)
    That's why it's so depressing that his face looks like a wet paper bag now. George, however, was a fox to the end.

I really laughed out loud at this entire statement, you slay me, kay biggrin.gif

erm and... yes, Sally. yes. mp is like, epitome of hottnesssss.

• QUOTE (katieyellow @ Aug 18 2008, 12:25 PM)
    I really laughed out loud at this entire statement, you slay me, kay biggrin.gif

Likewise, m'dear!
  • QUOTE (mixtape @ Aug 14 2008, 04:17 PM)
    That's why it's so depressing that his face looks like a wet paper bag now. George, however, was a fox to the end.

HAHAHAHA. I'm so with you on that one, Kay! George was clearly the hottest Beatle.

I never liked Paul. he annoys me too much.
  • QUOTE (Electra @ Aug 24 2008, 09:14 AM)
    HAHAHAHA. I'm so with you on that one, Kay! George was clearly the hottest Beatle.

I never liked Paul. he annoys me too much.

LOL, mixtape, that's a great description. I think the last several years have really been hard on Paul because he's done the most ageing during that time. Ringo is my favorite Beatle. However, because I started to listen to the Beatles when I first discovered I had hormones, somehow Paul became the object of my budding girlness. For my sister, it was George. She loves his dark quiet intellegence. He's not dark like spooky, he's dark as in deep and seemingly mysterious. Well, he is the Dark Horse. She has a things for hands. She finds nice hands as a sign of intelligence. She thinks George Harrison and Mike Nesmith have some of the nicest hands she's ever seen. Now, so everyone can enjoy some Harrison Hotness, here's some George love:

• eeeee tempe!! you posted quite a lovely assortment of george smile.gif i especially love the one of him with the cymbals hehe
    as for me? john was my beatle... wub.gif

• I don't know what's up with me, but I think my taste in men is somewhat skewed.

For example, I am inextricably attracted to the following two men:

John Darnielle (of the Mountain Goats)

Jason Schwartzman

Why? Lord knows. Maybe it's the same sort of thing as my fascination with R. Crumb and Hunter S. Thompson. I just have weird tastes.

Though, young Hunter WAS a hottie
  • Jason Schwartzman is cute in a kind of weird way, like the more time u spent with him, the more you'd like him... He is not cute in a shop girl way, anyone seen that? I want to strangle his character. Sooooo annoying
  • QUOTE (The End Has No Jen @ Sep 23 2008, 11:34 AM)
    Jason Schwartzman is cute in a kind of weird way, like the more time u spent with him, the more you'd like him... He is not cute in a shop girl way, anyone seen that? I want to strangle his character. Sooooo annoying

I couldn't agree with you more... on both accounts. I adore him to no end in his more "off-beat" roles, but couldn't stand him in Shop Girl... well I could, but I didn't like his character at all.

So, tone, you aren't weird for thinking he's attractive. At all.
    I find Casey Affleck incredibly attractive and I think he's the superior brother, and I get a lot of weird looks and "REALLY?!'s" so... I DO like the "conventionally hot/attractive" guys, but I like the ones that are super different, too biggrin.gif
  • Yeah. It's his Wes Anderson roles that really had me attracted.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xZLMmKhv1JI
  • QUOTE (tonetoile @ Sep 23 2008, 11:18 AM)
    Jason Schwartzman

I think he's okay-looking, but I saw him in Slackers and he TOTALLY weirded me out, and now I can't like him. Also, the mole sort of bothers me. :\

Funny story, though : when one of my favourite bands split up, they did a promo poster for their last show and I saw it and thought, "Fuck, when did Jason Schwartzman join their band...??" The resemblance is sort of uncanny, haha.
  • *drool* Katie, thanks for those lovely John Lennon pics.

I've been in a huge T-Rex mood lately. Maybe it's because they have a song with my sister's name as the title. T-Rex's lead singer and founder, Marc Bolan, was pretty hot when he wasn't wearing a ton of make-up and looking too lady-like. He had pretty eyes, and was an awesome guitarist. He died rather tragically. He never wanted a driver's license because he had an intense fear of dying in a car accident. One night his girlfriend was driving them home and they crashed, instantly killing him. He played a major part in early glam rock and punk.

(^^So help me, I can really relate to unruly curly hair.) wink.gif
  • don cheadle anyone?

• QUOTE (tonetoile @ Sep 23 2008, 10:18 AM)
    Jason Schwartzman

Aww, Jason! I think both of the Schwartzman bros are cute in their own ways.
  • My Mum told me that Marc Bolan died of a drug overdose....

He actually drove into a tree haha (I know that that's not funny, just she was wrong!!!)

I love this guy, haven't been here in years so he's probably on here somewhere, way too lazy to check though.... Charlie Cox, you may have seen him in Stardust. He's super hot in real life, the most adooorable dimples ever. Ahhhh. I think he's going out with Kate Mara now (also crazily beautiful)...

• mmm, yes, Charlie Cox is nice.
    I'm a huge Neil Gaiman fan, so Stardust was amazing. Also, Ben Barnes (Prince Caspian) played the young version of his father. Which is pretty cool.
    Do you know anything else Charlie Cox has been in?
  • QUOTE (thephantommilk @ Sep 25 2008, 10:39 AM)
    mmm, yes, Charlie Cox is nice.
    I'm a huge Neil Gaiman fan, so Stardust was amazing. Also, Ben Barnes (Prince Caspian) played the young version of his father. Which is pretty cool.

I agree with this post 100%.
  • QUOTE (thephantommilk @ Sep 25 2008, 03:39 PM)
    mmm, yes, Charlie Cox is nice.

He hasn't had any other leading roles... I believe he was in Casanova, and dot the I... Some shakespearey type thing with Al Pacino too, but can't remember what. He's filming stone of destiny at the moment, Kate Mara is in that with him. He's playing someone Scottish...

I saw him on stage in a play earlier this year. he was in his boxer shorts for about 10 minutes. I can't even begin to explain how hot he is.

He also has size 15 feet *snickers* (how mature am I haha!!!!)

Also, knew that about Ben barnes... have seen the film about 15 million times haha... Thought it was quite funny that Ben is younger than Charlie, they blatantly both went up for the same role (Tristan)!!!