In this Discussion

What are you listening to right now this second?

Comments

• QUOTE (Rebekker @ Oct 6 2008, 09:40 PM)
    Not My Slave - Oingo Boingo

Excellent choice!!!
  • biggrin.gif Thank you!
    I love Danny Elfman! And I really like that song wub.gif
  • some Meridian...
    I'm missing Mark and Peter terribly... I haven't seen Brian in a month either... I see Mike Z all the time though. So I don't miss him as much, haha
  • QUOTE (Rebekker @ Oct 7 2008, 12:07 AM)
    biggrin.gif Thank you!
    I love Danny Elfman! And I really like that song wub.gif

My high school boyfriend, douche though he is, got me into Oingo Boingo and he used to play that song for me.
  • Lots of Animal Collective
  • Jeepster - T.Rex
  • Falling Apart by Matt Nathanson... personally, i think it's the best song on his soph album. smile.gif
  • QUOTE (Tempe Arizona @ Oct 8 2008, 05:46 AM)
    Jeepster - T.Rex

Why is T.Rex so good?
    It is a question to which we may never find the answer
  • I CANNOT stop listening to "Winter's Love" by Animal Collective since watching Shortbus. It's so beautifully simple.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7zbYYKzTFeQ
  • QUOTE (tonetoile @ Oct 8 2008, 08:45 AM)
    Why is T.Rex so good?
    It is a question to which we may never find the answer

I know! Why weren't they appreciated more when they were in action? My sis got me into them. She began a quest to find songs with our first names in the title. She found a David Bowie cover called "Rosalyn" (my first name but spelled wrong) and a T.Rex song called "Debora" (her first name). Then I bought a T.Rex album and now I'm hooked. Now she likes to make me jealous that Marc Bolan sang about her instead of me. On the plus side, I have David Bowie eyes.

Debora - T.Rex
    and
    Life on Mars - David Bowie
  • Metal Guru - possibley one of the all time best from T.Rex
  • these goddamn church bells that get played every Thursday evening outside my window.
    they're freaking annoying.
  • QUOTE (thephantommilk @ Oct 16 2008, 04:32 PM)
    these goddamn church bells that get played every Thursday evening outside my window.
    they're freaking annoying.

LOL, poor Meg. Don't mean to laugh, you just put it so humorously.

"Shy Boy" - T.Rex
  • biggrin.gif no, it was meant to be partly humorous.
    They can be really pretty, except when the bell ringers screw up.
    and after the thousandth time hearing the same pattern, it gets a bit old.

right now:

Into the Sunlight- Julia Nunes
    biggrin.gif
  • Starman -David Bowie

Love this song! Someone commented that they think Bowie looks creepy in this vid. I think he looks rather sexy esp around 1:35

I keep thinking he's singing "There's a snowman, waiting in the sky" instead of "Starman waiting in the sky"

I am so into Glam Rock. It's coming out my brains!
  • Till Dawn - T.Rex

Gah, I love this band!!
  • MC Chris: "Fett's Vett"
  • QUOTE (Tempe Arizona @ Oct 25 2008, 05:24 PM)
    Till Dawn - T.Rex

Gah, I love this band!!

haha, Tempe
    You sound like me with Locksley tongue.gif I'm so in love with them now. It's pretty much to the obsession point. I'm pretty sure they're up there with OK Go by now
  • song 12 from the Presidents Of The United States Of America sampler a friend made for me.

"Some postman ..." ?
  • QUOTE (Rebekker @ Oct 30 2008, 04:04 PM)
    haha, Tempe
    You sound like me with Locksley tongue.gif I'm so in love with them now. It's pretty much to the obsession point. I'm pretty sure they're up there with OK Go by now

Aww, I wish Locksley would perform near here. I like them too and I need a great concert to go to. Lol, yes my T.Rex obsession equals your Locksley one. Hey, that would make a hillarious Netflix commercial. You know, those silly Netflix commercials on the radio that pretends to quiz someone. It'd go something like this:

"If T.Rex equals Tempe and Locksley equals Rebekker. What's the square root of a sauce pan?" laugh.gif