In this Discussion

Cantarell

Comments

• QUOTE (ezorvera @ Oct 13 2008, 07:08 AM)
    Wow. That was way more adorable than I was expecting it to be. But I have to admit. My favorite part was the little cameo at the end.

I finally pre-ordered my copy, along with about 1/6 of the Serious Business Store. People need to stop making good music.

Just a side note: if you're intending to purchase more Ser Biz records (as above), which I totally encourage you to do, (and want the record before the 11th November release date, because the kids at Ser Biz tend to push stuff out a little bit earlier than the actual release), go ahead and pre-order through their store.

But if you don't mind waiting a bit, please actually consider ordering through Insound. I know they're going to charge you shipping and the money doesn't go directly to Ser Biz, BUT if Insound sees that SDR is very popular, they're more likely to put more of the Ser Biz catalogue up on their site, and that's a really good way for such a small label to reach other people.
  • teeehee the kid with teh tambourine is like a baby andy. ahhhh. smile.gif and dan was a nice surprise!
  • haha, I shrieked with excitement when I saw Dan!

And the video was so cute!!
  • there are a couple moments i really love...
    about a minute in, when he's teaching the girl on bass... i love it.
    and probably around a minute 30 when he rolls his eyes @ the girl on drums...

and is it just me, or in that one part when they're on the lawn, does the girl actually play that bad ass drum sequence?! it sure looks like she does...
  • QUOTE (katieyellow @ Oct 13 2008, 04:32 PM)
    and is it just me, or in that one part when they're on the lawn, does the girl actually play that bad ass drum sequence?! it sure looks like she does...

Maybe. They're kids from a music school, after all.

I like when the girl with the violin ran away. lol.

Nevermind that, cinematographically (that's not really a word, evs), it's very well done. The lighting on Andy on the band when they're playing on the lawn is highly appropriate and works wonderfully. I'm not sure if the reflection of the passing car at the end, when Andy and Girl first see each other, was intentional or accidental, but it's a fantastic effect for the moment.
  • This:

arrives on your doorstep, and you DON'T take him back?!? How, I ask, how??? No one I know would say 'no' to that face.
  • I couldn't agree more TDog. Especially since she was wrong!

QUOTE (beckysioux @ Oct 13 2008, 11:20 AM)
    That vid was the cutest. Though I kept seeing Jack Black and then Talking Heads. Probably just me though.

I hate you Rachel!! And you know I say that with love.

Whatevs Becky. I don't wanna know about your shitty ass balls. wink.gif
  • QUOTE (toiletdog @ Oct 13 2008, 07:42 PM)
    This:

arrives on your doorstep, and you DON'T take him back?!? How, I ask, how??? No one I know would say 'no' to that face.

he looks like an angel...
    hahahahahhaha and she's dumb.
  • QUOTE (jedi_grrlie @ Oct 13 2008, 05:24 PM)
    I like when the girl with the violin ran away. lol.

I'm not sure if the reflection of the passing car at the end, when Andy and Girl first see each other, was intentional or accidental, but it's a fantastic effect for the moment.

Yes, I loved the girl running away. Then I thought, how did she get home? She must have known the area she was in or she might end up standing on a street corner playing the violin for money. I clearly had too much invested in her story.

As for the reflection, I thought it was someone opening the door to the pizza joint.

QUOTE (toiletdog @ Oct 13 2008, 06:42 PM)
    This:

No kidding!

QUOTE (DJRose @ Oct 13 2008, 07:06 PM)
    Whatevs Becky. I don't wanna know about your shitty ass balls. wink.gif

Psh, you can keep your guy balls. tongue.gif
  • one of the moments

and, this is just cute

• AHH I'm totally late on this but THAT VIDEO AND THE SONG IS AMAZING.

I didn't realize Andy could act so well. Or that Dan was so good at making pizza. xD
  • I can't stop smiling every time I watch the video! Aaaaahh, the video is excellent, the kids are adorable, and Andy looks great!!!

QUOTE (toiletdog @ Oct 13 2008, 06:42 PM)
    This:

Seriously!
  • Just saw this- ADORABLE! I LOOOOOVED IT!
  • Eeeee!
    that really was adorable.
    I'm pretty sure all the good moments have been picked over already, but yes. I agree with all of them.

And yeah, Andy's acting was pretty impressive tongue.gif
  • Ahhhh that video is like the ultimate happifying thing EVER. How lucky are those kids?? And how bloody fantastic is Andy's acting??!
    It makes me feel all warm and gooey inside smile.gif

Also Dan is just too cute at the end. wub.gif
  • QUOTE (DJRose @ Oct 14 2008, 08:32 AM)

Ooooh that's today?!

Hoo as in ray.
  • That's excellent! woot smile.gif

and since I see we are posting the best stills of Andy's vid...here's my fave:
  • btw, did anybody else notice the shoes Andy is wearing are the same ones as in the HIGA vid?
  • I seriously can't wait for the rest of you to get this CD. "I Blew Myself Up Over You" is quite possibly my new favorite song.