In this Discussion

Rooney!

edited November -1 in General Discussion
Alright... I didn't *see* a Rooney thread already but... I just recently got back into them... they were more of a high school outfit for me... I was so obsessed back in the day and after they stopped touring/recording I stopped listening to them...

WELL. Their newest album kicks my ass and I love it. Just wanted to spread the Rooney love and see if anyone else out there loves them too

p.s Robert Schwartzman is ridiculously good looking. Lets be real.
*middle*

Comments

• QUOTE (katieyellow @ Apr 28 2008, 11:16 AM)
    p.s Robert Schwartzman is ridiculously good looking.

and the reason i've watched the princess diaries more times than i'd like to admit...
  • QUOTE (darbie_starpower @ Apr 29 2008, 10:45 AM)
    and the reason i've watched the princess diaries more times than i'd like to admit...

Amen to that, sister.
    Every time they kiss... a part of me dies inside and wishes I was her.
  • Ooh I really like Rooney smile.gif
    I saw them with the Jonas Brothers (yeah I know...lame...but I like them haha) but they seriously played like 5 songs. I was kinda bummed. And my pictures turned out like crap.

I really wanted to meet them afterwards but my sister was sick. And I'm a nice person so we left.

The new album is SOO CATHCY! Me likes smile.gif
  • QUOTE (katieyellow @ Apr 28 2008, 09:16 AM)
    Alright... I didn't *see* a Rooney thread already but... I just recently got back into them... they were more of a high school outfit for me... I was so obsessed back in the day and after they stopped touring/recording I stopped listening to them...

WELL. Their newest album kicks my ass and I love it. Just wanted to spread the Rooney love and see if anyone else out there loves them too

*middle*

I'm raising my hand a little late...but, yes, I'm a /r/ fan as well!

Looks like they're also going into the studio to record some material for a new album. Hope it's as good or better than their latest effort.
  • I <3 Rooney!

And hey! Guess what!! haha, I'm in a contest for them! If you like Rooney you should sign up for their Street Team smile.gif

You just have to go here

http://www.rooneystreetteam.com/join.php

and sign up. And to help me out, you have to put my name, Rebecca Robinson, in the box that asks how you found out about it. I will love you guys so much, and you'll really be helping me out. Thanks a bunch!
  • katieyellow said:Alright... I didn't *see* a Rooney thread already but... I just recently got back into them... they were more of a high school outfit for me... I was so obsessed back in the day and after they stopped touring/recording I stopped listening to them...

*middle*

I love Rooney too! First heard of them the same way I first heard from OK GO - through "The O.C.". I love how their sound is really like, catchy and fun and upbeat, but the lyrics are SO sarcastic and ironic. My fav song from them is "Don't Come Around Again", and my fav album is still Calling the World, although Eureka kicks ass too.