In this Discussion

You know you're obsessed when...

Comments

• YKYOW you have this little conversation.

Me: "Make a left onto Damian"
    boy: "What did you just say?"
    Me: "I said make a left onto Damen"
    boy: "No. You said make a left onto Damian. Should I make a right onto Andy now?"

True story. An incredibly sad story.
  • HAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAAHAHAHHAHAHAH
    i. love THAT!!! becky, your lovey knows you so well wink.gif

edit:
    ykyow...
    you buy a colt 45 tshirt from urban outfitters that looks NOTHING like damian's but you get it just because it says colt 45 and damian has one that says the same...
    it also says "works every time" and it's got this retro picture of a dude and girl on it
  • QUOTE (beckysioux @ Oct 13 2008, 09:58 PM)
    YKYOW you have this little conversation.

boy: "No. You said make a left onto Damian. Should I make a right onto Andy now?"

laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif
  • laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif

I can't stop laughing at that, Becky. Adam would've so had my head on that one!
  • Becky that's brilliant!!!

On a sadder note:
    You know you're losing it when an Andy, a Dan and a Tim all introduce themselves to you within a couple of hours of one another at college, and you don't get the significance. And when someone asks you who the hottest man on earth is, and your first thought isn't Damian. :'(

I feel so ashamed. I need help, people.
  • Electra, see my above post... Welcome to the world of being a bit more mature *giggles*
  • When you subscribe to Vericifer in youtube upon seeing secretdakotaring is subscribed to the said channel.
  • Oh Becky...LMAO laugh.gif LOL LOLOLOLOL!!

• Wow, I had no idea we were so hilarious. laugh.gif I suppose I should be thankful he's not that jealous.
  • QUOTE (beckysioux @ Oct 13 2008, 07:58 PM)
    YKYOW you have this little conversation.

laugh.gif If there was a Best of the YKYOW thread, this would definitely be on it.
  • YAY! I think it was just a brief blip in the obsession (I haven't grown up after all, Jen tongue.gif).
    My lecturer mentioned "inclement weather" and I squeaked a little too loudly.

And the best part is that the guy next to me, who has only known me for two weeks, turned to me and went "Did he say an OK Go lyric?" in response. HAH!
  • lol! That's awesome, Alice!
  • QUOTE (Electra @ Oct 16 2008, 08:49 AM)
    And the best part is that the guy next to me, who has only known me for two weeks, turned to me and went "Did he say an OK Go lyric?" in response. HAH!

I like this boy. Is he cute? Is he worthy?
  • QUOTE (Electra @ Oct 16 2008, 01:49 PM)

That is amazing!!!
  • QUOTE (DJRose @ Oct 16 2008, 02:49 PM)
    I like this boy. Is he cute? Is he worthy?

He's the one who looks like a taller Davy Jones from the Monkees.
    Not sure about worthy yet.
    Lol.

EDIT: I just wanted to make it clear that this guy said it in an exasperated "OK Go again??" kind of way, lol. Not in a "woo OK Go!" kind of way. I fear I'm making him out to seem far nicer than he actually is (He takes the piss out of me constantly!!).
  • QUOTE (beckysioux @ Oct 13 2008, 10:58 PM)

laugh.gif laugh.gif That's so funny, Becky!
  • YKYOW

One of your friends' status on facebook is Crash and burn and all you can think is "Crash and Burn, Crash and Burn, Crash and Burn, (Crash and Burn). Patience is the hallmark of the old and the infirm...."
  • I just brought my OKGO obsession into a higher dimension. Literally sad.gif

I took acid for the first time ever a few weeks ago. I promptly lost my fucking mind. I forgot my whole existence. I forgot what a human being was; I didn't recognize my own name for a long time; I seriously forgot what the universe was. It felt like I found out that I was actually just an idea floating in someone else's dream. I felt so disappointed and alone and afraid. The visuals were frightening, too. I was seeing static in front of my eyes. I couldn't tell shapes apart because everything became 2D. I felt blind.

Ok, so here's the OKGO part, haha:

I'm still peaking, and my friend has this huge whiteboard. I still don't know who I am. I mean, I'm asking questions like, "What does a human being mean? What's a girl? Who's Barbara?" Insane stuff like that sad.gif And in my awful and sad state, I pick up a marker. The first thing I draw is OKGO's logo. Then I write Damian Kulash's name, just because.

YKYOW the first thing that you think of to identify yourself when you're having a terrible psychedelic journey into space is OK GO.

Also, don't take drugs ;_;
  • wow, thanks for sharing that Barbara, it was extremely interesting. Also, I hereby recognize your OK Go fanhood superiority.
  • wow, that's intense

and yes, drugs are bad sad.gif
    I've never done any drugs, and I don't plan to