In this Discussion

LOCKSLEY!!

Comments

• i'm fucking losing it.
    7*s... you rule in all things internet related.
  • QUOTE (katieyellow @ Oct 15 2008, 12:33 AM)
    i knew you would!!!

hearing my best friend KJ sing locksley on rockband, just triples the awesome

(there will be a huge rock band thread soon, so i can babble away to my hearts content, all hail THE rockin' awesomes)
  • I wish I could get Locksley songs on rockband, but I don't think the one on Wii has a way to get extra songs sad.gif
  • again, all this will go in my HUGE rockband thread soon!

but you can buy a song pack for the wii/ps2 with the following songs on it

30 Seconds To Mars - The Kill
    Blink-182 - All The Small Things
    Boston - More Than A Feeling
    David Bowie - Moonage Daydream
    Faith No More - We Care A Lot
    Grateful Dead - Truckin'
    The Hives - Die, All Right!
    Kiss - Calling Dr. Love
    Lynyrd Skynyrd - Gimme Three Steps
    Nine Inch Nails - March Of The Pigs
    Oasis - Live Forever
    Paramore - Crushcrushcrush
    The Police - Synchronicity II
    Queens Of The Stone Age - Little Sister
    The Ramones - Teenage Lobotomy
    Smashing Pumpkins - Siva
    Stone Temple Pilots - Interstate Love Song
    Weezer - Buddy Holly
    Wolfmother - Joker & The Thief
  • Yeah, I know, but there's no Locksley sad.gif tongue.gif
  • ive only actully bought 2 of those as DLC

back to locksley on my part..they are fun!
    they ever toured the uk? anyone know?
  • I think they might have. I'm not completely sure, but I saw in a video they were talking about touring in england and how the cities are closer together, and what that's like. So, I think they might have been there at some point.
  • Sooo.... Locksley and Hymns are playing a show at the Highline Ballroom in NYC on Nov. 1st, and guess who's got the opening slot?

Eytan Oren's band, Rails to Russia.

Rails to Russia? Eytan Oren? Why do those names sound so familiar?

Because Eytan is friends with ARoss and Rails to Russia opened for SDR in the village last month. I can't go to this show though, because my friend is getting married that night. Ah well.
  • QUOTE (DJRose @ Oct 20 2008, 08:05 AM)
    Sooo.... Locksley and Hymns are playing a show at the Highline Ballroom in NYC on Nov. 1st, and guess who's got the opening slot?

Eytan Oren's band, Rails to Russia.

Rails to Russia? Eytan Oren? Why do those names sound so familiar?

Because Eytan is friends with ARoss and Rails to Russia opened for SDR in the village last month. I can't go to this show though, because my friend is getting married that night. Ah well.

aw, that's sad sad.gif

You should go to the Locksley show in Virginia/Washington DC , though!!!(it says it differently in two different places) biggrin.gif Seriously, if you have the chance, you should definitely go! It will be an awesome show!! I know it won't have Eytan Oren or Rails to Russia (as far as I know) but you should still go if you can!! Peer Pressure!!!!!! haha, is it working?
  • I don't think that one is likely. The VA side of DC is a little far for a Monday night. I'll catch them in NY sometime, it's their home town after all. Maybe Philly if they ever get here.
  • haha, alright
  • Since this CD is out of print and no longer available....

http://abc-afterglow.blogspot.com/2008/10/...743115232431267
  • you are the baddest mother effer on the planet...
    do you need anything? a bodyguard? a hug? i feel forever indebted to you for all the wonderful things you've put on this board
  • sad.gif It's not working. Everytime I download it is says it can't open it.
  • Same problem booo. Help! smile.gif
  • Instead of opening the .rar file, you should download it to your hard drive. It's a compressed file, similar to a .zip file. Once it's downloaded, you can use WinZip or another type of program to open or extract it and you'll see 12 .mp3 files (that page listed 11 songs, but there are 12 in the file) and a picture of the CD cover.
  • YAY! Thank you so much!!!!!! And ditto to what Katie said!!!!!! biggrin.gif
  • This is from last year or so I think, but there's a studio version of them covering an old '60s song, "Kicks."

http://pepperpod.de/cast.php?c=2&id=507

Underneath the little speaker and play button is a link that you can right click and download as an .mp3. And if you have an .mp3 editing program, you can cut out just their portion.
  • damn. i must be an idiot... i can't figure it out.. i've tried a few different things, too.
    does a MAC work differently? i know how to get into ZIP files but... hah. i'm stuck!
  • Oh, this site has a bunch of cool stuff. It's got things like myspace layouts, avatars, banners, and mp3s. It's pretty awesome

http://somethingsosurreal.net84.net/