In this Discussion

Comments

• Looooove.

Love.

LOVE the Dresden Dolls.

I'm sad that I just found out about them and Halloween is over, I would have tried to find a boy to dress up like them with me.
  • two of my friends dressed up as the dresden dolls for halloween.
  • QUOTE (Mary Says @ Nov 22 2004, 04:13 PM)
    two of my friends dressed up as the dresden dolls for halloween.

you have cool friends...
  • just in case someone didn't get that...

http://www.dresdendolls.com
  • Darbie, I saw this an instantly thought of you. T.Rex has a lovely song called "Cosmic Dancer." I found on youtube the Dresden Dolls doing an acoustic version at one of their record store shows. Would love your opinion as well as any other boardies who are fans of Dresden Dolls.

Dresden Dolls "Cosmic Dancer"

I want to post the original for comparison, but the original is not quite accoustic. So here's T.Rex performing it live in acoustic style: Cosmic Dancer by T.Rex in concert

And here's the T.Rex album version of the song T.Rex "Cosmic Dancer"
  • quacks me up when these old school posts get bumped...
    also quacks me up that you've grown such a talent for making all threads about t.rex... tongue.gif
    normally i love how theatric amandas voice is, though it doesn't really seem to work for that song...
  • The Dresden Dolls are broken up, or something...but Amanda Palmer has an awesome new album titled "Who Killed Amanda Palmer?"
    Oh, and she's touring, so you all should go see her when/if she comes to your town. wink.gif
  • QUOTE (darbie_starpower @ Oct 21 2008, 11:36 AM)
    quacks me up when these old school posts get bumped...
    also quacks me up that you've grown such a talent for making all threads about t.rex... tongue.gif
    normally i love how theatric amandas voice is, though it doesn't really seem to work for that song...

Lol, yes. I am obsessed. It's an issue I have to deal with. laugh.gif
    Yeah, I thought the same thing. She's a cool person and has the right look, but something is missing in the song. Maybe it's cause some songs fit more a female vocalist and some songs fit more a male vocalist?

QUOTE (BYOS @ Oct 21 2008, 06:14 PM)
    The Dresden Dolls are broken up, or something...but Amanda Palmer has an awesome new album titled "Who Killed Amanda Palmer?"
    Oh, and she's touring, so you all should go see her when/if she comes to your town. wink.gif

Wow, cool name for an album. I'll have to check it out.

And what took so long for this lovely thread to get bumped? sad.gif