In this Discussion

Teeny OK Go!

Comments

• Alrighty. Now that I've wetted your appetites, onto today's tale!

Owner of Little Damian:
    “I came home from school with a http://www.flickr.com/photos/liamdynes/413058128/in/photostream/ is a cool guy. Besides, he was asking about you.”
    “What does that mean exactly?” I frowned as Dinky Damian, Diminutive Dan, and Tiny Tim broke out into all out snickers and then laughs.
    “He likes tall girls,” Dinky Damian snickered.
    I ignored him, “Who told you to invite your friends over without my permission?”
    “Well,” Runty Rusty said sweetly. “You were standing there when I invited him, so technically, that’s permission, right?”
    “Andy should have been a lawyer,” Tiny Tim grinned.
    “How long does he plan on staying?” I groaned.
    “Uhpp! Gotta go! Contest to run!” Runty Rusty blurted out, avoiding my question, as he hopped off the counter back to the pantry.

Anxiously, I now await Teensy Secret Dakota Ring’s arrival, wondering what they have in store for me and Teeny Ok Go.”
  • I loved those links and the story, Tempe. I'll have a few more Ser Biz (and when I say "a few", I mean a LOT) pics on myspace later and you're welcome to cull from them.
  • That was a great story, Rose!

also, tres sneaky on the links. They made me laugh.
  • Andy should have been a lawyer! wub.gif wub.gif wub.gif
  • Since Travis is supposedly ginormous, how big will Teeny Travis be? 7 inches tall? 12 inches tall?!
  • QUOTE (DJRose @ Oct 23 2008, 07:46 AM)
    I loved those links and the story, Tempe. I'll have a few more Ser Biz (and when I say "a few", I mean a LOT) pics on myspace later and you're welcome to cull from them.

Thankie all, I do like to post cute pics all in one convenient place. Ooo, and thanks Rachel. I shall take you up on that. I did see a few of your cute ones on the search for the above links.

QUOTE (ezorvera @ Oct 23 2008, 06:14 PM)
    Since Travis is supposedly ginormous, how big will Teeny Travis be? 7 inches tall? 12 inches tall?!

laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif

Not really too sure how tall the actual Teenys are. Six inches was Big Person's rough estimate, which would make Tiny Tim quite more Teeny than that (don't you just want to squeeze him!) wink.gif

Alrighty then, Kalinda, this will definitely be referenced in the next tale. If anyone else wants to share their Travis/SDR knowledge so that I stay acurate, please do.
  • Owner of Dinky Damian:

“It was Saturday and I was digging in the garden when the doorbell rang. I wasn’t expecting company. I answered the door. But no one was there. Instead a small package lay on the doorstep at my feet. Funny. I wasn’t expecting a package either.
    Then a thought occurred to me. I glanced over my shoulder at the kitchen pantry, and quietly closed the front door, leaving the package alone outside. I backed away from the door.
    “Who rang the bell?” Dinky Damian said, startling me. He stood at the base of the pantry with a notepad in hand, working on a song.
    “Huh! What doorbell?—Oh, that—It was nothing. Probably just a neighborhood kid playing around.
    Dinky Damian looked up at me, almost eyeing me suspiciously.
    “What?” I asked.
    “Uh, nothing.” He tapped a pencil against the notepad. “Just working on a song.”
    “Ohh, okay,” I smiled innocently tucking back outside through the living room sliding doors.

About 5 minutes later, the doorbell rang again. I came back in to see Dinky Damian going toward the door. “What are you doing?” I asked urgently.
    “The doorbell rang.”
    “You’re not supposed to answer it.” I said.
    “But I’d rather get the door than try to write this song! I can’t get the words out!” he whined.
    “Ask Tiny Tim for ideas,” I suggested.
    “Ah, okay! But first I want to see who’s at the door.”
    “Well, they obviously went away. The doorbell isn’t ringing anymore,” I said a little too frantically.
    *Ding-Dong* the bell suddenly went, embarrassingly enough.
    Diminutive Dan emerged from the pantry. “Someone ought to get the door. The ringing is interfering with my drumming.”
    “Okay, I’ll check.” I abruptly opened the door than shut it again. “Oh look. No one’s there.”
    “Well, now that’s rude,” Dinky Damian pointed out.
    “Hey,” Runty Rusty said. “There’s a package at the door.” He and Tiny Tim hopped off the windowsill.
    “No there’s not. Why are you two at the window anyway?” I asked quickly.
    “Waiting for musical inspiration,” Tiny Tim replied. “I felt psychically compelled to go your the window. I saw a man in brown leave a package. I saw you leave it there. Leaving it lonely, leaving it for me to---holy shit! I think I have a song starting here!” Tiny Tim ran to the pantry.
    “Oh, alright!” I gave in. I opened the door and brought in the package.
    “Goodie!” Runty Rusty said excitedly. “Open it! Open it!”
    “Uh, should I really?” I said hesitantly. I suspected what might be in there. The package was small and not too heavy. I peeled back the tape and opened the flaps.
    Inside the package there was a box of cereal and a family sized can of Chef Boyardee.
    As soon as I took the can out of the box, it began to roll across the room till it hit a wall. The lid came open, and the contents spilled out. But there was no ravioli or spaghetti and meatballs in this can. Instead, a little man crawled out.
    “Hey, Travis!” Runty Rusty shouted excitedly. Teensy Travis stood up, dusting off his pants. Runty Rusty hopped over and they did a strange little sort of manly Teeny handshake.
    “I brought some friends!” Teensy Travis announced as the lid on the package of cereal burst open. Four more Teensy Secret Dakota Ring members came out: Eensy Eytan, Bitty Brian, Pint-sized Kevin, and Wee Josh. They began dragging out their instruments as well. Diminutive Dan and Dinky Damian helped them. Tiny Tim came out from the pantry to help as well.
    I stood there aghast as a flock of Teenys and Teensys appeared to be taking over my living room. “Hey, I’ll show you around,” Runty Rusty said enthusiastically to Teensy Travis.

Yoo-hoo,” Dinky Damian suddenly appeared on my shoulder snapping his fingers. “Are you alright?”
    “Oye…” was all I could say.
    “Oye?” Tiny Tim looked up at me. “You sound like my grandma.”
    “What’s bothering you?” Diminutive Dan asked sweetly while the members of Teensy Secret Dakota Ring dragged their equipment to the pantry.
    “Um, what am I supposed to do with all you people?”
    “Do?” Dinky Damian repeated. “You don’t have to do anything. Except maybe order a pizza. Oh, and could you put that cereal box in the pantry for us?”
    “Alright…” I sighed. “Oh, and get off my shoulder.”
    “Aye, aye, captain!” He saluted me and hoped off.
    I picked up the box of cereal and placed it next to the bell jam glass jar where Dinky Damian lived. “"No not there," Dinky Damian said from behind. “Put it near Andy’s stuff. After all, they’re Andy’s friends. I don’t want them keeping me up at night or drinking my liquor.”
    “Ah-ha!” Tiny Tim suddenly shouted. “That sounds like a song!” He skeetered into the pantry to find his notepad and pencil.

“And this must be the lovely house keeper I’ve heard so much about!” the unfamiliar boisterous voice of Teensy Travis boomed behind me.
    I turned toward him. “Hi?”
    “My dear, it is a pleasure!” he smiled taking a bow. The members of Teensy Secret Dakota Ring dashed over to join Teensy Travis. “These are Andy and I’s band mates.” He introduced each one. “And we are Secret Dakota Ring!” He said it like he was Captain Planet introducing some sort of superhero justice league.
    “Wow. You’re a lot taller than the rest of the Teenys,” I noted.
    “And you’re not nearly as bossy as Damian said you’d be,” he sang out.
    “Shhh!” Dinky Damian crossed his neck with his finger, made a sort of twisted expression with his face, and jerked “no” back and forth with his head.
    “Alright!” Teensy Travis clapped his hands together. “Where are we staying?”
    Runty Rusty led the way to the pantry as Teensy Travis mumbled, “I’m hungry, where’s the eats?” The rest of Teensy Secret Dakota Ring followed.
    I slapped my hand against my forehead.
    “Don’t worry,” Diminutive Dan smiled reassuringly. Travis is awesome. Besides, he’s only staying for awhile to help Andy with that contest he’s running.”
    Then he and Dinky Damian went off to the pantry, shutting the door behind them. All appeared quiet from the outside but inside muffled excited chit chat and laughing reverberated off the door.

…'They’re only staying for awhile.' How long is awhile? I wondered heading back to my garden.”

ZOMG.

Considering the fact that I talked with Travis, Brian, and Josh, and saw Kevin on Tuesday night, this is very strange and somewhat like surreal worlds colliding.

The story is really cute. I think that the arrival of Teeny ABeany would be comic GOLD. He could live in a Reese's bag and together with Dinky Damian drive Big Person insane by picking on her.

This all feels very creepy suddenly. I might go hide now. Yeah. Hiding.

Edit: Out of Hiding to tell you what image just went through my head. Dinky Damian throwing spoons at Big Person while Teeny ABeany boos. No one actually knows if he's booing to echo DD's sentiment or booing the ungentlemanly behavior of throwing things at a lady. He's just booing.

Okay, I'm going back into hiding.
  • ^^ LOL! You are awesome, Rachel. Tell me more about ABeany. What's his real name (so I can get pics)? What does he play? See, during the last year, I began listening more to various SDR/Serious Biz things, but my mind exploded with so much dental crap trying to graduate, that unfortunately, I now need to catch up on coolness.
  • QUOTE (Tempe Arizona @ Oct 24 2008, 04:39 PM)
    ^^ LOL! You are awesome, Rachel. Tell me more about ABeany. What's his real name (so I can get pics)? What does he play? See, during the last year, I began listening more to various SDR/Serious Biz things, but my mind exploded with so much dental crap trying to graduate, that unfortunately, I now need to catch up on coolness.

I'm not Rachel, but I'm gonna reply anyway. ABeany is Andy Bean from Two Man Gentleman Band and Unsacred Hearts. He is a most delightful fellow that tends to pick on certain redheads. As to what he plays, I think the better question is what doesn't he play.
  • QUOTE (beckysioux @ Oct 24 2008, 04:34 PM)
    I'm not Rachel, but I'm gonna reply anyway. ABeany is Andy Bean from Two Man Gentleman Band and Unsacred Hearts. He is a most delightful fellow that tends to pick on certain redheads. As to what he plays, I think the better question is what doesn't he play.

Ah, that's who I thought. I didn't want to mess up though. Thanks, Becky. tongue.gif

That means the teenys/teensys need to play with a kazoo. That't hilarity waiting to ensue.

BTW, glad to cause a universe colliding explosion in your head laugh.gif
  • QUOTE (Tempe Arizona @ Oct 25 2008, 12:41 AM)
    Ah, that's who I thought. I didn't want to mess up though. Thanks, Becky. tongue.gif

That means the teenys/teensys need to play with a kazoo. That't hilarity waiting to ensue.

BTW, glad to cause a universe colliding explosion in your head laugh.gif

Yes, I really just called him Teeny ABeany because it rhymed. He's Smilin' Andy Bean of The Gents.

I'm still a little disturbed by this whole thing. I talk to some of these people sometimes. huh.gif unsure.gif

Oh but the Teeny Kazoo idea is v. funny. GAH. I'm gonna go back into hiding.
  • QUOTE (DJRose @ Oct 24 2008, 09:55 PM)
    Yes, I really just called him Teeny ABeany because it rhymed. He's Smilin' Andy Bean of The Gents.

I'm still a little disturbed by this whole thing. I talk to some of these people sometimes. huh.gif unsure.gif

Oh but the Teeny Kazoo idea is v. funny. GAH. I'm gonna go back into hiding.

Ah, that would explain why friends get weirded out when I write stories about them or have characters that act like them but are not meant to be them. laugh.gif (Certain doctor friend goes on and on about it. He encourages me to write but gets weirded out when I write about him, he feels he has to live up to that character I guess)
    Haha, Big Person is meant to look like and be whoever reads it. So I guess in this case I went above and beyond. But also, there's a psychic thing. Two psychic things: SDR/SerBiz in your brain, and a crazy Jewish redhead in the desert tryin to invade your brain like a wicked piece of peyote.

ABeany would probably not approve of and look for ways to critique the way Big Person plays kazoo.
  • Ah! So many links!! laugh.gif
  • The stories are so cute Tempe!
    I love the new addition of Travis, awesomeness~!
  • Before the next story, a little bit on what the Teenys are wearing in this episode.

Owner of Teeny Ok Go...

"The Teenys were wearing a new set of clothes I had bought them for Christmas. I didn't dare tell them they were old Ken Doll clothes lest they become insulted. Tiny Tim wore an orange jacket and pink pants. He chose that look because he said it looked most like candy. Runty Rusty had on a checkerboard shirt and light blue pants. He left a lavender jacket folded neatly nearby while he fiddled with the wiring of my broken cd player. He was also pretty proud of a new yellow shirt and orange pants. Diminutive Dan wore an electric bright blue suit with yellow accents on the collar and sleeves. Meanwhile, Dinky Damian, ever the over-dresser, wore a black jacket with a button down shirt and a black and white shirt underneath the button down shirt. He loved to play with his new jacket because the right sleeve had a funny flaw in the fabric that made it look like a partial cape. He liked to get up and dance around in circles with his arm sticking out to watch the pink fabric fly in the breeze. "
  • Owner of Teeny Ok Go.....

“I brought home an old cd player from a thrift store, thinking it was in good condition, but when I got home it decided to go kaput. It sat on the kitchen counter useless, until Runty Rusty decided to play with it. An empty fish tank sat near the cd player, something one of my friends asked me to hold onto. For whatever reason, Dinky Damian sat in front of the tank in contemplation.
    "What about that empty fish tank do you find so fascinating?" I finally asked him.
    "There's something very hollow and very artistic about it. It needs something and it's just waiting for me to figure out what," he explained gesturing with his hands for the words.

Then he snapped his fingers and jumped up on his feet. "Go fill that thing up with water," he commanded me.
    Against my better judgment, I filled a pan full of water and dumped water into the tank until the tank was full. Meanwhile, Dinky Damian gathered the other Teenys and went over to Runty Rusty to discuss something in low voices. I approached. They smiled up at me innocently.
    Runty Rusty went back to work on the cd player.
    "Great news!” he finally announced, pushing himself out from underneath the electronic monstrosity and dusting himself off. “I got the cd player to work!"
    "I knew having an electronics nerd in the band would come in handy," Dinky Damian smirked. Before Runty Rusty could counter that statement, Dinky Damian danced over to the cd player and pushed a button. A bass guitar beat began to pulsate rhythmically out the speakers. Sound vibrations reverberated across the counter causing the water in the nearby fish tank to tremble and shake.

For a moment, the Teenys disappered. But then, Dinky Damian went behind the fish tank and began to sing. The vibrating water made it look like there was a wafting trail of Dinky Damian moving by in a psychedelic fashion. He moved toward the center of the pounding fish tank, while Tiny Tim slowly stepped into view and clapped in time to the bass sound of the cd player. The colors from Tiny Tim's orange jacket and pink pants followed him in a blur of psychodiculous color. Then, Diminutive Dan and Runty Rusty stepped in from opposite sides of the fish tank as the colors on their own clothing followed them in ripples. They stepped out of view and returned holding potato sticks. They stood on either side of Dinky Damian, and made a broad sweeping circle with the potato sticks. A circular pattern streamed out from the potato sticks all the while Dinky Damian stood in the center of it while his black jacket sent out it's own little psychodontastic ripples. Suddenly, the music paused and Dinky Damian swooped forward, swinging his pink sleeve around.

The music came back and Tiny Tim appeared with a tropical blue cocktail umbrella. He danced around with it, sending a blurred pattern of blue across the fish tank. He stopped short to adjust his glasses and then disappeared from view.
    Diminutive Dan was next to emerge. He carried a sesame stick, wielding it carefully like a baseball bat. Dinky Damian picked up a cheese ball puff and flung it at Diminutive Dan, sending off whirling streams of orange. Just when the colors from the Teeny clothing and toys couldn't get more dramatically smudged together, Dinky Damian started hurling a rubber soccer ball eraser. Tiny Tim came over and hurled a pink gum ball, and they both started throwing cheese puffs and gum balls of various colors. Runty Rusty joined in wearing orange pants and a yellow shirt, while Diminutive Dan fended off the assault with his sesame stick that sent streaming arches of blurred colors in tropical oranges, pinks, golds, yellows, and blues.
    And soon the entire fish tank was smudged full of color with the image of four Teenys interspersed in between the field of colors. Then they all decided to start running in circles and kicked the cheese puffs and gum balls around and pretty soon, the array of colors and streaks of Teenys was almost too much to handle.

Finally, the Teenys disappeared, leaving Dinky Damian on his own to continue kicking cheese puffs and gum balls as a reverberating black and white from his shirt followed him. Runty Rusty and Diminutive Dan soon returned carrying straws. Blamo! They slowly swung their straws till a fan shaped image was created. The Teenys got in line with each other, Dinky Damian at the front, Diminutive Dan behind him, Runty Rusty behind him, and Tiny Tim at the end. Dinky Damian spanned his arms out and brought them to his head. As he did that, the rest of the Teenys copied him in time. Then Dinky Damian got down and the rest of the Teenys followed, sending streams of patterns from their sleeves. It almost looked as if Diminutive Dan, Runty Rusty, and Tiny Tim were growing out of Dinky Damian like some sort of horrendous mystical beast that resembled the God of Love and Understanding. Tiny Tim's arm looked like a psychadelic turkey tail in the whirling patterns caused by the shaking water. Then they all skeetered out of view.

But before the colors could calm down, Runty Rusty appeared walking backwards as he waved his arms up and down that sent out yellow and orange blurs of color from his shirt and pants. Then Diminutive Dan walked backwards across the view in a clumsy personal struggle with a plastic Barbie chair.
    Finally, Dinky Damian came back, streaming black and white from his shirt and singing, "I don't know what to tell ya." Tiny Tim decided to dance by waving an orange streamer on a toothpick. But not before Dinky Damian picked up a blue streamer and started dancing with it. Not to be outdone, Runty Rusty danced by waving a purple streamer. But Diminutive Dan didn't want to be left out and did a little hopping dance around with a dark colored streamer. All the dancing and streamer waving combined with the yellow, orange, purple, pink, and black colored clothing became another reeling aray of energy till there was nothing but streaks of colors and Teenys stepping into and out of the colors. Dinky Damian, sensing he was making me dizzy, decided to rub it in by spinning his streamer determinedly in a circle like he was stirring a pot. Then all the Teenys lined up standing side by side. And Dinky Damian threw up some downy feathers. The music came to a stop. The water that had previously been shaking violently gradually calmed and came to a stop.

All the while the Teeny's stood there, waiting for a response.
    I stood, dumbfounded, mouth hanging open.
    "Hey look," Dinky Damian smirked. "She's got this look on her face like 'wtf?'" Dinky Damian slapped Tiny Tim five, proud of his dazzling achievement.
    Finally, I got up and called my friend, "Yeah, Sara, can you come and pick up your fish tank now?'"
  • Tempe, I haven't gotten the chance to read all your Teeny OK Go stories yet but this last one is fantastic! Cheese puffs and gum balls... hahaha. Love it!
  • Ahhh!! Tempe, you have no idea how excited I was when I saw that this thread had been bumped to the top again!
    I had the biggest smile on my face through that whole story! Hehe! Your stories are the cutest things!! biggrin.gif
  • Just what I needed this Monday morning!!