In this Discussion

Cantarell

Comments

• sad.gif I've been trying to post a comment on Becky's brand new vid on youtube but for some reason the thing keeps disappearing. Did you turn comments off Becky?

In any case here it is:
    "I pin a picture of you to the wall" is just too freaking hilarious! Awesome, five stars, favorited.
    I think I'll click on the link in the description box and...kidding" wink.gif

If by any case the thing appears thrice just delete a couple of them B please.
  • QUOTE (Surfer Rosa @ Oct 27 2008, 04:08 PM)
    sad.gif I've been trying to post a comment on Becky's brand new vid on youtube but for some reason the thing keeps disappearing. Did you turn comments off Becky?

Thanks Rosa!

For some reason it was on wait for approval. I've switched it back.
  • my copy came today =D

its epic
  • QUOTE (Head Full of Crazy @ Oct 28 2008, 08:06 AM)
    my copy came today =D

its epic

Woo!!! Someone else to talk about it with!!!

So, um, here's my video. It's me singing "The Fade To Black", I swear, not a link to my page. I figured out the guitar part yesterday on my lunch hour, so 1) it's far from perfect, and 2) I know I messed up the chords and missed a verse, but we're talking about a few hours' rehearsal here.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rTnNAk8m2AU
  • QUOTE (Head Full of Crazy @ Oct 28 2008, 07:06 AM)
    my copy came today =D

its epic

Yes. Yes it is. Isn't Losing Eyeballs like the best?

QUOTE (DJRose @ Oct 28 2008, 07:41 AM)
    Woo!!! Someone else to talk about it with!!!

So, um, here's my video. It's me singing "The Fade To Black", I swear, not a link to my page. I figured out the guitar part yesterday on my lunch hour, so 1) it's far from perfect, and 2) I know I messed up the chords and missed a verse, but we're talking about a few hours' rehearsal here.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rTnNAk8m2AU

Darn it. I won't be able to see it till I get home tonight.
  • i'm so proud of my sissie-in-law smile.gif
    it's good you guys! i was the 3rd person to view it
  • There's gonna be lots of vids on YouTube for Cantarell! I'm sure Andy is in overload right now.

Expect another one from me either tonight or tomorrow morning. All depends on how long it takes me to make this next one. And since I have clearance Clarence, all youse will be able to hear more off of Cantarell. That's right, you'll hear more than just Losing Eyeballs.
  • Rach, you're a genius. I'm so fucking proud wub.gif

Ahhh he's sending out Cantarell now??
    Just heard Losing Eyeballs on myspace - love it!!
  • aw Rach, you have such a beautiful voice, I adore that vid. smile.gif

• QUOTE (Electra @ Oct 28 2008, 12:06 PM)
    Rach, you're a genius. I'm so fucking proud wub.gif

*I'm* a genius? The whole thing was your idea. But I'm glad that I make you proud. wub.gif

Thanks for the support, Becky and Katie. biggrin.gif And Rosa Too!!! We posted at the same time so I didn't get your post until afterwards!!!
  • QUOTE (DJRose @ Oct 28 2008, 12:16 PM)
    Thanks for the support, Becky and Katie. biggrin.gif And Rosa Too!!! We posted at the same time so I didn't get your post until afterwards!!!

LOL yep I noticed...I was about to throw a tantrum about it. laugh.gif
  • Katie, we have the exact same computer and desktop biggrin.gif
    and myspace page theme thing...
    Becky, I liked your visual depictions of the song tongue.gif
    Rachel, you're so good! that was really cool smile.gif

basically, all three of you are fantabulous and I love the vids!

also, Katie, I love those pumpkins!
  • teehee...Becky's latest vid made me understand at last...
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NfncEAhMX4c

Dear Becky, thank you so much for being my source of inspiration! I wub.gif you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • QUOTE (DJRose @ Oct 28 2008, 05:16 PM)
    *I'm* a genius? The whole thing was your idea. But I'm glad that I make you proud. wub.gif

Yeah, but you figured out the chords and played the song and sang it beautifully. smile.gif

I was going to make the skeleton in our college library hold a notice that said "Secret Dakota Ring - The Fade To Black" as a macabre advert to Cambridge students. But apparently taking photos of it as proof to show Andy violates a couple of Human Tissue Acts and would get me arrested and struck off as a doctor before I'd even begun blink.gif
  • QUOTE (Electra @ Oct 28 2008, 05:17 PM)
    I was going to make the skeleton in our college library hold a notice that said "Secret Dakota Ring - The Fade To Black" as a macabre advert to Cambridge students. But apparently taking photos of it as proof to show Andy violates a couple of Human Tissue Acts and would get me arrested and struck off as a doctor before I'd even begun blink.gif

So....go buy a fake skeleton and hang it somewhere and do the same.

It's Halloween time, come on. It can't be hard to find a plastic skeleton.
  • I already left comments on everyone's vids, but here's a general comment: I totally love and adore all of you crazy people (and I mean that in the most loving, heartfelt way).

I really want my copy of Cantarell to come. Along with all the other stuff I bought.
  • i know it's a tad late to ask now, but does anyone know how to convert a powerpoint to a video format? sad.gif i'm having problems on my crummy old laptop, and odn't really want to install another memory-using new programme just that that prupose. any helpful geeks out there? biggrin.gif
  • Hi yorkshire, sadly no, I wrote the messages for my video in paint and then captured the images in windows movie maker.

I googled for it and people recommended something called Camtasia.

I also found this:
    There are two main approaches for converting PowerPoint slideshows to video. One option is to purchase software that acts as a plug-in for PowerPoint to automatically export the slideshow as a movie. A second option is to play the slideshow on your computer and use screen recording software to capture the slideshow as it plays, saving the finished file in the movie format of your choice.

In my own experiences converting PowerPoint presentations to video formats, using the software converters is never a perfect alternative. The ones designed as PowerPoint plug-ins rarely grab embedded video and frequently miss text and slide transitions. The best solution in this class is Presentations to Video Converter. The app is pricy at $199, but does the conversion with or without PowerPoint installed on your system. To get to WMV with Presentations to Video Converter requires multiple steps because the software outputs AVI or MP4. Saving in AVI, you can easily convert to WMV using Windows Movie Maker or Windows Media Encoder.

A better option may be to convert the PowerPoint slideshow by playing it onscreen and using screen capture software. If you don't have any embedded video clips in the slideshow, something like SnagIt or VoDMaker should deliver excellent results without the overhead of needing 30fps video. Both are capable of capturing audio and video, so any sounds in the presentation are also captured. In this case, video is saved as an AVI file, so flipping to WMV using Windows Media Encoder or Windows Movie Maker is necessary in this scenario as well.

On tip for doing a PowerPoint screen capture: Add a blank slide at the beginning and end of the presentation so that you have time to start the recording before the slideshow engages.

• hey everyone, i've done up andy's 'the fade to black' in a video. it is ALMOST as cute as the original one, i dare say smile.gif the youtube link can be found here, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YpTpUleJ2Eo and please, please click the link provided next to the video after you've viewed it if you like it...
  • QUOTE (yorkshire @ Oct 29 2008, 02:17 PM)
    hey everyone, i've done up andy's 'the fade to black' in a video. it is ALMOST as cute as the original one, i dare say smile.gif the youtube link can be found here, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YpTpUleJ2Eo and please, please click the link provided next to the video after you've viewed it if you like it...

cute! cute! cute!