In this Discussion

Cantarell

Comments

• QUOTE (beckysioux @ Nov 18 2008, 11:10 AM)
    You callin' Andy little? wink.gif
    He's 5'11". Clearly, he's tall. tongue.gif

On that logic, I have no business calling ANYONE little. wink.gif

Meg, no one is saying that you MUST BUY IT NOW. Truth be told, I didn't have any cash on me the first time I had the opportunity to purchase Cantarell, they weren't taking credit, and an ATM was not an option. So did I mooch for a bit? Yeah. That does not mean that I didn't buy a copy the MOMENT I was able to (and I pretty much send Ser Biz all my money anyway, so I don't feel all that bad). And for the record, I still bought it weeks before it was released, so again, not feeling so bad. I didn't have any objection to the borrowing until it seemed like she had no intention of buying the CD.

Hensocks and Doofball - Please don't take this as an attack. We're glad to have you on the boards, and you're totally welcome. I'm really just presenting my opinion.
  • Hah, I can't say I'm not a little excited that I'm no longer being called Doofball. wink.gif [Holy shit, a triple negative! Wow. Ok, let's rephrase... Yay, I'm semi-excited I'm not being called Doofball! Alright, that works.]

Becky, I seriously love that video you posted! It was a really good interview that wasn't the same ol' repetitive stuff, and Andy's totally relaxed persona makes me want to meet him even more.
  • QUOTE (DJRose @ Nov 18 2008, 01:33 PM)
    Meg, no one is saying that you MUST BUY IT NOW. Truth be told, I didn't have any cash on me the first time I had the opportunity to purchase Cantarell, they weren't taking credit, and an ATM was not an option. So did I mooch for a bit? Yeah. That does not mean that I didn't buy a copy the MOMENT I was able to (and I pretty much send Ser Biz all my money anyway, so I don't feel all that bad). And for the record, I still bought it weeks before it was released, so again, not feeling so bad. I didn't have any objection to the borrowing until it seemed like she had no intention of buying the CD.

aww, I know, Rachel. 'S all good- my not-having-bought-it was supposed to be sort of tangientally related to the topic at hand, not directly related. And more related to the general entreaties to buy it than to your discussion. I guess it wasn't that clear. Ah, well. These things happen.
    Cause hey, I can still feel guilty (and depressedddd, fr srs) about not having it yet to my heart's content.

Hmm, Nance, in my head you guys're Doofball and Doofball2.0. tongue.gif
    or Yo! and Hey!. I kind of like Yo! and Hey!, actually. It's fun.

• QUOTE (DJRose @ Nov 18 2008, 09:30 AM)
    To me, that doesn't make sense. I don't mean to attack you, but watch that interview between Andy and Eytan. OK Go 3 is coming out on a major label, with major backing, and you've got lots of time to save up for a copy as we don't know when it's coming out. For that matter, they haven't even finished production/mixing, I'd imagine. But Andy laid out the money for this one on his own. Yeah, it's on a label, but he is the co-owner of that label, so all the promotion costs and printing and exceedingly high expense of putting out a decent CD came out of Andy's own pocket. If it's a choice between which one to buy off the bat and which one to "borrow", that's a very easy decision to make.

I'd say the exact same thing between any indie artist/major-label-backed artist choice, truthfully. Support the little guys.

Uhhhh. How 'bout we put it this way: If you buy Cantarell, Andy and Travis get paid. When Andy and Travis get paid.......other people get paid, and when other people get paid, they get happy.

unsure.gif Yeah.

In other news, my 8th grade French teacher quoted "B is for Becky" to me, presumably because he saw the vid when I posted it. lawl.
  • QUOTE (DJRose @ Nov 18 2008, 12:33 PM)
    On that logic, I have no business calling ANYONE little. ;)

Ah, but you can call people gargantuanly tall.

QUOTE (YoDoofball! @ Nov 18 2008, 03:33 PM)
    Becky, I seriously love that video you posted! It was a really good interview that wasn't the same ol' repetitive stuff, and Andy's totally relaxed persona makes me want to meet him even more.

Got it from Google Alerts and thought that it was pretty nifty. And yes, Andy is the sweet.

QUOTE (jedi_grrlie @ Nov 18 2008, 04:43 PM)
    In other news, my 8th grade French teacher quoted "B is for Becky" to me, presumably because he saw the vid when I posted it. lawl.

Now that is pretty awesome. At least in my little world of B's.

And yes, getting paid is a happy thing.
  • QUOTE (DJRose @ Nov 18 2008, 02:30 PM)
    To me, that doesn't make sense. I don't mean to attack you, but watch that interview between Andy and Eytan. OK Go 3 is coming out on a major label, with major backing, and you've got lots of time to save up for a copy as we don't know when it's coming out. For that matter, they haven't even finished production/mixing, I'd imagine. But Andy laid out the money for this one on his own. Yeah, it's on a label, but he is the co-owner of that label, so all the promotion costs and printing and exceedingly high expense of putting out a decent CD came out of Andy's own pocket. If it's a choice between which one to buy off the bat and which one to "borrow", that's a very easy decision to make.

I'd say the exact same thing between any indie artist/major-label-backed artist choice, truthfully. Support the little guys.

eek!
    i feel little.
    like, shrinking into my little corner little.
    like, pretty soon i'm going to just be a speck, kind of little

i guess i have to agree though...
    way to guilt trip, guys.

QUOTE (DJRose @ Nov 18 2008, 06:33 PM)
    On that logic, I have no business calling ANYONE little. wink.gif

Hensocks and Doofball - Please don't take this as an attack. We're glad to have you on the boards, and you're totally welcome. I'm really just presenting my opinion.

um, thanks...
    yeah, i see where you're coming from, and will probably end up buying my own copy of cantarell anyway
  • QUOTE (heydoofball @ Nov 18 2008, 11:19 PM)
    eek!
    i feel little.

way to guilt trip, guys.

um, thanks...
    yeah, i see where you're coming from, and will probably end up buying my own copy of cantarell anyway

Awww, haha! I know you will. I'm guilty of spreading some of the love a bit, too, so no hard feelings.

But the more money Ser Biz gets, the more nifty stuff they can do. biggrin.gif
  • QUOTE (heydoofball @ Nov 18 2008, 11:19 PM)
    eek!
    i feel little.

way to guilt trip, guys.

Honestly, that was the LAST thing I wanted. The Absolute Last. I hope you realize that.
  • QUOTE (DJRose @ Nov 19 2008, 03:58 PM)
    Honestly, that was the LAST thing I wanted. The Absolute Last. I hope you realize that.

well, i did feel a little intimidated,
    but mostly i was exaggerating

thanks for the concern though
  • Hey everyone, remember to check out the new vids uploaded on youtube by SDR! I'm just being the responsible fan wink.gif Here are the links:

I Blew Myself Up Over Your (Live@Google) from new album Cantarell -- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=odf2cDwpdBc

I Don't Wanna Know About My City (Live@Google) from Cantarell too -- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MbOWkW471s8

23 from debut album DNLBATY -- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=axwZbb1meMQ
  • OMG! I have just watched the 50 mins of pure andyness on the SDR website...
    This was so awesome - and now i'm going to have to go and watch it again because i believe he was actually saying something but my mind just kept wandering...
    Hey guys, shell out the pennies and go buy Canterell - you won't regret it! My only question mark is the strength of the vocals on the opening track but the melody is really nice...
    Overall i think his style of voice suits most of his music, and i just think he's fabulous anyway!! tongue.gif

Hhmmn, new fabric design on the main board.. not sure what to make of that?..

Oh & hensocks I love your pic!
  • QUOTE (yorkshire @ Nov 20 2008, 07:21 AM)
    Hey everyone, remember to check out the new vids uploaded on youtube by SDR! I'm just being the responsible fan wink.gif Here are the links:

I Blew Myself Up Over Your (Live@Google) from new album Cantarell -- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=odf2cDwpdBc

I Don't Wanna Know About My City (Live@Google) from Cantarell too -- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MbOWkW471s8

23 from debut album DNLBATY -- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=axwZbb1meMQ

woo hoo!
    super excited about the new vids,
    but good ol' rusty needs to open his eyes more when he sings
  • btdubs, SDR will be playing at the Ser Biz Holiday Show, 20th December, the Studio at Webster Hall, NYC. It's free. Not sure if it's 21+, but it's not at Piano's, so there's a chance it's not.
  • QUOTE (jedi_grrlie @ Nov 25 2008, 06:56 PM)
    btdubs, SDR will be playing at the Ser Biz Holiday Show, 20th December, the Studio at Webster Hall, NYC. It's free. Not sure if it's 21+, but it's not at Piano's, so there's a chance it's not.

Oh that would have been SO cool if it would have been at Pianos!!

• QUOTE (bullshituous @ Nov 26 2008, 10:05 AM)
    Oh that would have been SO cool if it would have been at Pianos!!

The Studio at Webster Hall I imagine will be just as cool, not to worry.

You gonna fly out for it, BSuous?
  • Hm. 20th December is in my holidays.
    Do you think US customs would have a problem with me flying over to the east coast for the third time in a single year? Fourth time to the states in 2008. rolleyes.gif
  • laugh.gif

You're just coming to the States to celebrate Chanukah with your sister, that's all. wink.gif
  • GENIUS.
    It's my pilgrimage. To the holy land of New York. Obviously. happy.gif
  • QUOTE (Electra @ Nov 26 2008, 12:32 PM)
    Hm. 20th December is in my holidays.
    Do you think US customs would have a problem with me flying over to the east coast for the third time in a single year? Fourth time to the states in 2008. rolleyes.gif

Nah. In theory you're allowed to spend up to 90 days here, then you have to go home for 90 days, then you can come back for another 90 days, then you have to leave again.

If each time you went home you stayed there for an amount of time equal to or greater than the amount of time you spent in the US, then, well, it's the same principle and you should be good.

Short answer: I'm sure there are business people and relatives who go back and forth three or more times in a year.
  • Hey, just wondering, did anyone get their mail yet?