In this Discussion

Happy List

Comments

• QUOTE (Jillian Summer! @ Jan 17 2009, 08:11 PM)
    -BAND BAND BAND BAND
    -Band trips (oh, yeah! macy's '09 whatup)

Oh, man, band geeks. wub.gif I miss those days.
  • aww, I miss band too sad.gif
    I was also in everything in high school. (flute and piccolo, and cello.)
  • Haha, yes! Trumpet! But I'm going to switch to vibraphone (if I make it) in May for marching and do trumpet in jazz band and maybe concert.

But yeah, marching season is the greatest! 2008 season was crazy for us. It was dramatic right up to state championships. There's this book called American Band and I honestly think someone should've written about us because of everything that happened. (lots of spot-challenging drama, losing a director, getting beat at preliminaries but winning finals)
    And 2009 will be crazy since we're going to New York City to be in Macy's. But I will seriously miss going to State because competition brought everyone together. But I mean, we're also going to Strawberry Fields, so it's alright. (I also swear that if I see street performers, I will donate plus get them to sign my shoes.) It'll still be weird whenever we go without our old head director. Ah well.
  • President Obama!
  • QUOTE (beckysioux @ Jan 20 2009, 08:13 PM)
    President Obama!

biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif
  • QUOTE (beckysioux @ Jan 20 2009, 02:13 PM)
    President Obama!

HELL YEAH.
  • QUOTE (beckysioux @ Jan 20 2009, 01:13 PM)
    President Obama!

whoo hoo!!!
  • My Happy List is

President Obama (Obviously)
    Having a gig in 10 days
    Having worked things out with one of my best friends
    Another best friend just got engaged and has asked me to be her bridesmaid
    ...So I get to go to Los Angeles in June
    Finding out that I get to take Andy up on his challenge and will be at ALL 7 OK Go shows on the East Coast this March
  • QUOTE (DJRose @ Jan 20 2009, 10:19 PM)
    My Happy List is

President Obama (Obviously)
    Having a gig in 10 days
    Having worked things out with one of my best friends
    Another best friend just got engaged and has asked me to be her bridesmaid
    ...So I get to go to Los Angeles in June
    Finding out that I get to take Andy up on his challenge and will be at ALL 7 OK Go shows on the East Coast this March

I'm in a funny mood because I finally worked out what's wrong with my email client, so I just had a great idea and if you're really seeing them 7 times in a row, then I might need your help for something... biggrin.gif ah, OK G sillyness starts again!!

- last night, the american department of my uni started a tradition, a lecture held on the Martin Luther King Day, every year from now on, and last night they talked about Obama and poetics in politics and it was amazing! Aaaaand they gave out free prosecco afterwards!! And right after that I skipped the next lecture to go to a Yay Brazil party and get 5 or 6 free caipirinha! biggrin.gif My uni is great!! and I also met LOADS of nice people.

• - kings of leon make me so incredibly happy...
    - the woman to my left at the show dancing like a fool, 'tis always nice when i'm not the only dancing idiot in my section...
  • All of yesterday was so great.
    All of it, that is, besides forgetting my music. Now I have to ask Mr Hannah for another copy.
  • - James Bond! Esp. Roger Moore. He's so dreamy wub.gif
  • OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG

Neil Gaiman just won the Newbery Award for The Graveyard Book!

THAT'S LIKE, THE BEST THING EVER.

EVER!

Neil Gaiman is my favorite author and The Graveyard Book is really super adorable and now it's a Newbery Award Book!

Hoorah!
  • FINALLY got the heat in my car fixed!!!
  • - Two words people: rainbow cookies

- Craig Ferguson

- This: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u70QOxzM_IE

- This especially this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1PDYt7cZn7w

- And this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jL8ip_F2A5s

- And this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MdHvIBIVR3A

Craigs quickie 2 minutes before the opening monologue have just so LOL worthy lately!
  • -returning to this lovely forum!
  • Watching zombie movies makes me happy. I watched Night Of The Living Dead yesterday, 28 Days + Weeks Later today and have Diary Of The Dead to watch tomorrow. I'm having a duvet weekend so it's a moviefest in my room biggrin.gif
  • QUOTE (geezabird @ Feb 1 2009, 02:47 AM)
    Watching zombie movies makes me happy.

YESSSS (though I am easily frightened and tend to go more for the "not really scary, just campy" zombie movies à la Evil Dead)

-Montreal is BALLS COLD during the winter. However, I kind of come to adore it 1) because I am astonishingly cold-resistant and snow-loving and 2) since it's so cold for so much of the year, rather than whine about it, the city becomes this ridiculous place of comradery-driven wintertime activity. Yesterday, I ventured out into the cold with my boyfriend to Parc Lafontaine, which boasts a HUGE pond nicely glazed over with ice. There was dozens and dozens of people on the ice: some with friends, some alone, some old-timer hockey skaters, some women pushing baby carriages, some pulling sleds filled with children behind them (which, it seems, is a common way to drag kids around the city in weather like this). It's so thrilling and simple and fantastic. It makes the winter so much more bearable
  • omg, I am watching an old OC rerun and suddenly I hear YSDH and run through half my room looking for my mobile (cause that would be the only explanation...) and the realize it's actually on TV. *sigh

- I am planning to sew a roaring 20s dress for friday... I'm excited.
  • QUOTE (mayonaise @ Feb 1 2009, 06:38 PM)
    - I am planning to sew a roaring 20s dress for friday... I'm excited.

oooh, you must post a picture when you finish it!..