In this Discussion

CHICAGO 4/23 *DOUBLE DOOR*

edited November -1 in OK Go
I don't know HOW official it is... I mean apparently tickets go on sale TOMORROW

http://www.doubledoor.com/shows.php

scroll down

Comments

• *explodes with excitement*
  • YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And look at the date. Where's Rebekker, she needs to be here. Rebekker, you're coming to this show right?

Who else is going?
  • DARBIE...
    does this mean I get to MEET you?!?!?!?!?
  • QUOTE (katieyellow @ Mar 13 2009, 07:36 PM)
    DARBIE...
    does this mean I get to MEET you?!?!?!?!?

hehe, yes, you'll get to meet the ever elusive darbie...
  • I was looking at the site because I was thinking about buying a ticket even though I have no idea if it's at all possible for me to get to Chicago, but it says that all shows are 21+. The big red font looks like they really mean it too. sad.gif

Oh, it's also already on the OK Go website.
  • Well durnit. Sorry Bekker. sad.gif

However, this will be my first Double Door show! I'm gettin' excited.
  • OOoh hell to the hell to the HELL to the yes
  • 1) I am SUPER excited that you guys are getting your show! It's about time, and you're all going to love the new songs, I know it.
    2) I know I've been promising that I would come for the Chicago show, but this time around isn't going to happen. It's right before my little cousin's Bat Mitzvah, which is way more important. I haven't given up on the idea of a Chicago show, though, and it will probably be my last hurrah in terms of long distance OK Go travel so I hope when I do make it out to the midwest, you're all there.
    3) One of you needs to call me for "This Too Shall Pass". That way I can dance my fool head off.
  • QUOTE (DJRose @ Mar 14 2009, 09:15 AM)
    3) One of you needs to call me for "This Too Shall Pass". That way I can dance my fool head off.

If they say the title of the song before they play it I'll give you a call, 'cause I have no idea what it sounds like.
  • QUOTE (beckysioux @ Mar 14 2009, 10:49 AM)
    If they say the title of the song before they play it I'll give you a call, 'cause I have no idea what it sounds like.

Yeah, they probably won't. Clues: Fireworks on the backdrop, Damian sans guitar dancing his fool head off, prevalent keyboard intro along with Oooohs from Andy and Tim. The first line of the song is "You know you can't keep lettin' it get you down". If they keep the same setlist it'll be right after "It's a Disaster".
  • Hmmm.............this may be do-able. That is the second-to-last week before my student's final, so perhaps I can just give a take-home......

I shall give this a ponder and let you (Becky) know what I am doing.
  • You can stay at my house!!
  • NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WHY DID IT HAVE TO BE 21+ sad.gif
    aww, I was real excited until I saw that. hmm, anyone know where I can get a fake I.D. haha
  • I'm 80% sure I can come, especially if I can kip on someone's couch.
  • I have a couch. And an inflatable mattress!
  • QUOTE (sureeyesawake @ Mar 15 2009, 07:02 AM)
    I'm 80% sure I can come, especially if I can kip on someone's couch.

I was seconds away from messaging you about this. : )
  • Thanks, Becky! I really appreciate it.
    I got the green light to take off work, so I'm coming! I just bought a ticket.

Just looking at the rest of the Double Door calendar, I can personally vouch for the utter delightfulness of The Seedy Seeds, who are playing there on Saturday, May 2. You should go! Mike Ingram is in The Seedy Seeds, and he's also our sound guy at Fountain Square. He's at SXSW in Austin right now with fellow Seed Margaret and drummer Brian Penick. They're a Cincinnati band who decided to play only instruments they had never played before. They got good fast. They play endearing little songs on accordion, banjo, kazoos, and regular guitars, to a percussion backing track played through an iPod. http://www.myspace.com/theseedyseeds

Plus Bun E. Carlos is apparently performing with a band called Tinted Windows on April 30. Huh. Did anyone else catch that? Hee.
  • QUOTE (sureeyesawake @ Mar 18 2009, 09:14 PM)
    Thanks, Becky! I really appreciate it.
    I got the green light to take off work, so I'm coming! I just bought a ticket.

Woo-Hoo!!
  • I could totally take my sisters ID because shes over 21 and we look exactly the same height, eyes, hair, and everything! HMMM......do i want to mess with the law.....
  • Aw, they put something up on the news feed:

Mar 19, 2009
    Chicago Show Just Added. Other Shows Continuing As Planned.
    The boys have just added a special and quite lovely show to their schedule. It's at the world famous Double Door (it's true--two doors!) on April 23rd. The show is 21+ only, I'm sorry to say. But don't let that get in the way of your buying tickets here.

"special and quite lovely"? Interesting.