In this Discussion

OK Go on TV shows, movies commercials etc.

Comments

• my sis saw one like that in NYC, she wasn't quick enough, but she texted me about it. it's the thought that counts, right? ; )

the boys look great in the movie, btw ; ) hilarious, too
  • aw, are they really only after the credits? I'm going to see it tonight
  • Aw, no! I just saw the movie an assumed they had been cut out... I never thought to stay until the end of the credits.

But hey! I liked it anyway. smile.gif
  • yep, that's the spot... i sorta wanted to tell everyone so they didn't miss it, haha. i mean, after it was over i thought to myself "Wait a minute... OK Go was supposed to be in this..." and then we waited and there they were. They had the cutest super skinny ties on... wink.gif
  • aw, I just got back from seeing it. They were only there for a little bit and they weren't even the ones singing. They were like the back-up band. And it was only a little bit into the credits. Me and my friend stayed til the very end of the credits in case it showed more of them then actually singing, but there wasn't anything sad.gif

But it was still awesome seeing them!!! haha, I was freaking out!!
  • QUOTE (ytel82 @ Mar 19 2009, 11:08 PM)
    I realize I've been away, but I couldn't resist....
    My cousin went on a field trip to the S.F. area, and she freaked out when she saw this:

Needless to say, her classmates thought she was crazy. I think she was smart and quick to take out her camera and get a shot of it for me! I love her, and this is why I'm taking her to see OK Go!

Your cousin is awesome and I actually know where that is. Haha. Thank goodness for that little van. It's on 101 northbound near Potrero Hill, if anyone wanted to know. I have to get out there and see it. I went to my local BR and they had a small version of the picture that was half hidden behind a mannequin. I made it out to the flagship store downtown and they had a bigger version, but I didn't see any different pictures. And Lety! Are you coming to the SF show?!

Damian and Tim are going to be on Tap Project Radio. I have no idea what it's going to be like (interview/playing music/DJ'ing), but it's going to be an hour long apparently. Here's the link:

http://www.tapprojectradio.org/

And here's the times that it'll be playing (EST):

3/23 - 1 PM, 7 PM
    3/24 - 1 AM, 7 AM
  • QUOTE (ezorvera @ Mar 22 2009, 02:33 AM)
    Your cousin is awesome and I actually know where that is. Haha. Thank goodness for that little van. It's on 101 northbound near Potrero Hill, if anyone wanted to know. I have to get out there and see it. I went to my local BR and they had a small version of the picture that was half hidden behind a mannequin. I made it out to the flagship store downtown and they had a bigger version, but I didn't see any different pictures. And Lety! Are you coming to the SF show?!

yes, i'm gonna be there and i'm so very excited! ah!
  • QUOTE (mixtape @ Mar 26 2009, 06:08 AM)
    Trailer for Damian's woodstock movie!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Iq8z2WDbKo

What is with Jonathan Groff playing only hippies now? First he was in the Hair revival as Claude, and now this? Typecasting.
    [But this movie does look like it'll be pretty good]
  • Heyyy! this actually looks kind of cute. It might be kind of annoying in places, but it will be soo worth it to se Demmi.

Fucking hippie.
  • Wait. That's really him??
  • QUOTE (Tapegrl =D @ Mar 27 2009, 08:33 PM)
    Wait. That's really him??

Yes, that's him. I got to see the pic up close the next night. He looks like Jesus.
  • QUOTE (DJRose @ Mar 27 2009, 08:37 PM)
    Yes, that's him. I got to see the pic up close the next night. He looks like Jesus.

With fake black market hair.

...why are you dressed like Jesus? laugh.gif
  • xD Wow. Damian. I just can't imagine...
  • Oh my god, I can't wait to see that movie! Demetri Martin + Damian Kulash + Jeffrey Dean Morgan?? That's win enough for me, essentially.

Also, I Love You, Man, was fantastic! So funny. I love Paul Rudd so much. And OK Go at the end made my life. I saw it with my dad so he was all O_o as I was quietly throwing a fit, LOL.
  • QUOTE (jedi_grrlie @ Mar 27 2009, 06:32 PM)

Fucking hippie.

dead. hahahhahahhahahhahahahahahha love itttt
  • QUOTE (jedi_grrlie @ Mar 28 2009, 12:38 AM)
    With fake black market hair.

...why are you dressed like Jesus? laugh.gif

...Fuck it, it was cheap hair.

And Steve totally dressed in white to look like Jesus to be like Damian. It's clear.
  • On Friday, my sister and I were watching NBC and all of the sudden we heard, "Crash and burn, crash and burn, crash and burn" and we looked up and saw a commercial for a Dateline about the financial crisis. But I mostly wanted to post about the Tap Project Radio thing that Damian and Tim were on.

Here’s the world’s worst transcript ever because a) I type very slowly and b) Damian talks very quickly. I don’t think anything is a direct quote except the one about Tim being awesome. Stuff not in parentheses is pretty close to what they actually said and stuff in the parentheses is when Damian was talking too fast so I didn’t really hear what he was saying, so I just summarized. If there’s any part that seems awkward or unfinished, it’s probably because I just gave up trying to remember what they said. Most of this isn't worth reading except the part about Starbucks. Oh, and if you didn't notice, I shoved in the song titles in the order they played it.

(Damian said something about being on a mission from God and how he’s sick and he’s drinking lots of bottled water and how there’s water wherever he goes, but a lot of kids don’t have that. Then he said something about how $10,000 will give water to 10,000 kids for 40 days.)

Ready for the World – Oh Shelia
    The Equals – Michael & His Slipper Tree ‘93

D: Hi. This is Damian.
    T: And this is Tim.
    D: And you’re listening to Tap Project Radio. A station that deserves to be heard.

Ernie K. Doe – Here Comes the Girls

D: So there are 3 songs we picked for you. (Then he started talking a lot about soul music). That Oh Sheila track sounds like a lost Prince track.

(Damian and Tim talking about Prince and a little story about hearing the Oh Sheila track and thinking about Prince)

D: Then we played Michael & His Slipper Tree by The Equals. Eddy Grant’s band.
    T: We’re actually in a studio on Electric Avenue.
    D: We also played Here Come the Girls by Ernie K. Doe. His wife passed away earlier this year. On Fat Tuesday.

D: I picked you up at a Starbucks, Tim. Where they have bottled water that you can buy and they donate money to something. It’s feel good water. What were you doing when I picked you up this morning?
    T: I was being awesome.
    D: See I thought that was cool. Did the people at the Starbucks notice?
    T: I think people noticed that I was being awesome. They looked at me as if they were saying, "Thank you for being awesome."
    D: It’s so easy for you to go and be awesome like that because you have food and water but (some number) kids don’t have that. (Something about clicking the button on the page to donate)
    See if you can push that button over and over again while we play you these three songs.

The Evens – Shelter Two

D: And you’re listening to Tap Project Radio. Here to help.

Peder featuring Anne Trolle – White Lilies
    Siouxsie & The Banshees – Peek-A-Boo

D: There are 900 million people who don’t have access to clean drinking water.
    T: I can’t even see that many people in my mind.
    D: There’s like 6 billion people in the world, so that means almost a fifth of the people in the world don’t have clean water.
    (Something about how eating at certain participating restaurants can help)
    D: So you can even eat for a good cause.

Bobby Womack – Baby You Oughta Think It Over

D: We’re OK Go and you’re listening to Tap Project Radio. Good music for a good cause.

Gene Chandler – Groovy Situation

D: If you know our band, it’s probably because of our video where we’re on treadmills. We sent it to one of our friends and he passed it on to his friend and so on. So call up your friend or email them and tell them to donate. (Something about cool water for the kids) And by cool I don’t mean temperature wise.

Buffalo Springfield – For What It’s Worth
    Yo La Tengo – By the Time It Gets Dark

D: We’re OK Go and you’re listening to Tap Project Radio. Here to support UNICEF.

Emily Haines – Doctor Blind
    Sam Cooke – A Change is Gonna Come

D: Hi this Damian.
    D: We’re here raising money for UNICEF. You know, I hope a change is gonna come because 900 million people don’t have access to clean drinking water. 4200 kids a day die because they don’t have clean water. See that little $5 button on your screen. Press it a 100 times and donate $500 or press it however many times you want.

Does It Offend You, Yeah? – We Are Rockstars
    The Glitch Mob – Nalepa Remix
    Pink Floyd – Fearless (Interpolating You’ll Never Walk Alone)
  • QUOTE (ezorvera @ Mar 30 2009, 08:57 PM)
    D: Then we played Michael & His Slipper Tree by The Equals. Eddy Grant’s band.
    T: We’re actually in a studio on Electric Avenue.

THANK YOU FOR THIS, KALINDA!!!!!!!! I was kicking myself for missing it.
    Two things:
    1) Michael & His Slipper Tree has become a personal favorite since the Roadtrip. wub.gif
    2) Electric Avenue was the first song I ever sang, when I was 2. That is 100% true, ask my mother.