In this Discussion

CHICAGO 4/23 *DOUBLE DOOR*

Comments

• QUOTE (DJRose @ Apr 29 2009, 05:48 AM)
    No sweetie, we're talking about the music that gets played over the PA before and after OK Go's set. In the past it's included Quit Your Dayjob, The Zombies, and other music they've talked about loving, so I figured out that they were responsible for it a long time ago. Currently it includes all the songs we've mentioned above. Oh, and also "Tenderness" by General Public (which makes my life happy). OH and "The Choice Is Yours" by Black Sheep (which brings me back to 8th Grade Awww yeah). I'd almost forgotten about that entirely!

Ah, in that case, yes Ziggy is allusive. He has songs everywhere that you only later realize are his. That's why he's an alien. wink.gif Hum a few bars and I might be able to help you.
  • QUOTE (beckysioux @ Apr 28 2009, 07:47 PM)
    I want an iPhone so I can Shazzam stuffs. Well, glimmer on the horizon, Verizon might be picking up the iPhone next year!!!

I want an iPhone merely because I was so dependent upon Rachel's for a week and now...I want one. I don't have ATT, though, and by the time it opens up on Verizon, I'll be in France, so that does me no good. I might save and spring for buying over there, though, because it won't be locked to a particular network so I can use it with a pay-as-you-go service and depend on WiFi for internet access. But that's, like, $800 right there.
  • QUOTE (jedi_grrlie @ Apr 29 2009, 05:10 PM)
    I want an iPhone merely because I was so dependent upon Rachel's for a week and now...I want one. I don't have ATT, though, and by the time it opens up on Verizon, I'll be in France, so that does me no good. I might save and spring for buying over there, though, because it won't be locked to a particular network so I can use it with a pay-as-you-go service and depend on WiFi for internet access. But that's, like, $800 right there.

Seriously, why is technology so dang expensive?

I remembered something else from the show. Well, at least from the openers. I remember Katie saying something about the drummer of US Royalty looking like Squints Palledorous. So I say pretty loudly, "Lotioning and oiling, oiling and lotioning. I can't take this anymore". Funny thing was, the guy that was near us knew what we were talking about from the quote.

Perhaps this should have gone under random stuff. Ah well.

OH! I can't get this song out of my head. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rbekoMyd908 I can't breathe!
  • QUOTE (jedi_grrlie @ Apr 29 2009, 06:10 PM)

If you're going to go with WiFi for internet access anyway you might as well go for the iPod touch and get a cheap phone for your pay as you go. It's a WAY cheaper option.

• QUOTE (DJRose @ Apr 30 2009, 08:00 AM)
    If you're going to go with WiFi for internet access anyway you might as well go for the iPod touch and get a cheap phone for your pay as you go. It's a WAY cheaper option.

I like my old school iPod, though. And if I bought one abroad and brought it back, it would be unlocked and then I wouldn't need to worry about ATT. Also, at some point I hope to be making enough to be able to afford a calling plan in France, as opposed to pay-as-you-go.

shrug.
  • i got a couple lovely gems from this show... but i'm a bum and i haven't uploaded anything yet... pictures to come soon smile.gif
  • Holy crap, that 'Skycrapers' track gave me goosebumps.
    Love it when Damian is screaming! I wonder if he will do this on the album version too!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wuVefj86i3Y

Absolutely cant wait for the new album, most anticipated album in years for me!

Anyone knows a release date?

Sorry for going off-topic.. rolleyes.gif
  • QUOTE (Joris @ May 4 2009, 11:05 AM)
    Absolutely cant wait for the new album, most anticipated album in years for me!

Anyone knows a release date?

Sorry for going off-topic.. rolleyes.gif

I think it's set to be released in August/September. Don't quote me on it though as they're currently putting in the finishing touches.
  • Pictures!

• Angie, you are my hero.
  • wish my camera batteries weren't taken away from me that night, as tim is seriously under represented in everyone elses photos from the evening...
  • Ange, those are gorgeous wub.gif
  • yeah, beas! smile.gif

k, i have to leave for work soon... so here's just a couple.. ang was to my left so mine are mostly of andy by default.... *guilty face* wink.gif

^fave^

easy there, mj

• QUOTE (darbie_starpower @ May 4 2009, 08:52 PM)
    wish my camera batteries weren't taken away from me that night, as tim is seriously under represented in everyone elses photos from the evening...

agreed darbs... wish we could have met before the show, and we could have added yours to our secret stash... sad.gif
  • Glad you likey smile.gif I give credit to the awesome lighting during the show.

And yes, I had my camera stashed where no camera should ever be.
  • QUOTE (jedi_grrlie @ Apr 30 2009, 11:51 PM)
    I like my old school iPod, though. And if I bought one abroad and brought it back, it would be unlocked and then I wouldn't need to worry about ATT. Also, at some point I hope to be making enough to be able to afford a calling plan in France, as opposed to pay-as-you-go.

shrug.

Hey, I had an Iphone for about a year, and I used T-Mobile. If you have a 2G It's SUPER easy to unlock the phone, there's free software that will do it for you. It's called "PWNAGE" and I think it's just for mac users. There's windows stuff out there, too.
    I'm not sure if you can unlock a 3G iphone right now. It's coming, though, for sure.
  • just wanted to add a couple of pictures to this, first to thank the boys for allowing oxfam america to be at the show. we had a great response, okgo's fans are great of course...no surprises there....

www.oxfamamerica.org if you want to find out more!

but i was also to get a shot of them with our banner, and they sweetly complied! (dan had a date with his missus and left with apologies while i was waiting on andy and damian) i'd taken one shot that i knew the lighting wasn't right, so i got another perfect one...but andy particularly liked the first one, said it should be on the website...so if any of you techies out there can figure out how, be my guest.

thank you again to okgo and their management team; hope to work with you again in the fall when your new music is released. and the best of luck to you!!
    jackerooooooooni

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y39/jacke...cago2009c-1.jpg
    http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y39/jacke...icago2009-1.jpg
  • QUOTE (jackie j @ May 13 2009, 11:45 AM)
    just wanted to add a couple of pictures to this, first to thank the boys for allowing oxfam america to be at the show. we had a great response, okgo's fans are great of course...no surprises there....

www.oxfamamerica.org if you want to find out more!

but i was also to get a shot of them with our banner, and they sweetly complied! (dan had a date with his missus and left with apologies while i was waiting on andy and damian) i'd taken one shot that i knew the lighting wasn't right, so i got another perfect one...but andy particularly liked the first one, said it should be on the website...so if any of you techies out there can figure out how, be my guest.

thank you again to okgo and their management team; hope to work with you again in the fall when your new music is released. and the best of luck to you!!
    jackerooooooooni

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y39/jacke...cago2009c-1.jpg
    http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y39/jacke...icago2009-1.jpg

YAY! I was hoping to see these pics! I still really like the candid shot better than the "good lighting" one.

Excellent shots Jackie! And if I didn't say it before, it was so great to meet you!!
  • QUOTE (beckysioux @ May 13 2009, 12:47 PM)

Andy looks like he's lactating. unsure.gif