In this Discussion

Fountains of Wayne + Cheap Trick + Smashing Pumpkins + Hanson???

edited November -1 in General Discussion
http://themusic.fm/2009.02.17/pumpkins-iha...-tinted-windows

I'm intrigued, terrified, and excited all at the same time.

Comments

• First single here:

http://www.rollingstone.com/blogs/smokings...ted-windows.php

It got stuck in my head when I first listened to it, but I can't remember what it sounds like anymore. And local newspaper website compared it to OK Go. Don't know if that's good or not.

http://www.examiner.com/x-3047-RocknRoll-E...n--Radio-Disney
  • Feh. You all know me and how much of a sucker I am for powerpop, but I'm not feeling that track.
  • Now that I've FINALLY gotten to hear it, I'm not *in love* with the song, but it's pretty good and it'll definitely grow on me. But then I am in love with Fountains of Wayne so it's not *so* surprising. It is totally Radio Disney ready though.
  • Pitchfork gave it a 3.5. I'm inclined to agree. Tragically, it's rather mediocre.

Oh my God, did I just say I agreed with p4k?
  • Oh come on ladies, don't be shy! Say "I AM A POWER POP NERD", "I'M CRAZY FOR UPLIFTING ROCK MUSIC", say it out loud! hahaha.
    Seriously I'm so in love with their album. Four talented guys got together and stole my heart.
  • I AM A POWERPOP NERD. I'M CRAZY FOR UPLIFTING POP MUSIC. I WAS IN LOVE WITH TAYLOR HANSON AND APPRECIATE FOUNTAINS OF WAYNE AND CHEAP TRICK.

I still do not care for this record.
  • QUOTE (MagicOPromotion @ May 26 2009, 10:56 AM)
    I still think this song is awesome. Now, I know Lil Wayne is pretty much an asshole, but this song rules. He is reaching out to his white brothers with this rock album, aka me lol

Oh Spammer you are so funny. Fountains of Wayne IS NOT Lil Wayne!!!
  • QUOTE (DJRose @ May 26 2009, 01:09 PM)
    Fountains of Wayne IS NOT Lil Wayne!!!

haha, they're practically the same thing if you ask me tongue.gif
    i don't think i've ever seen a spammer respond to a thread with a somewhat legitimate response before...
  • QUOTE (darbie_starpower @ May 26 2009, 02:17 PM)
    i don't think i've ever seen a spammer respond to a thread with a somewhat legitimate response before...

I know, right? Actually related, though, I just bought this CD yesterday and I'm going to the show they do here in Philly June 18.
  • QUOTE (DJRose @ May 26 2009, 04:53 PM)
    I know, right? Actually related, though, I just bought this CD yesterday

Why? I could have stolen it for you.

Oh, wait, that means you're at the show right now...

Man, I'm feeling contrary today......
  • QUOTE (jedi_grrlie @ Jun 18 2009, 11:30 PM)
    Why? I could have stolen it for you.

Oh, wait, that means you're at the show right now...

Man, I'm feeling contrary today......

LOL, someday Katy I'm going to want people to pay money for my music. So right now, I pay money for other people's music, unless the label comps me.

And actually the show ended up being rescheduled, so now it's not until 8/1.
  • Ive "had" the album for quite a while now and most songs are really good actually. I like it more than the last Fountains of Wayne album.
  • I HATE Smashing Pumpkins so much.. but 44 songs? Thats crazy... that album better be good enough to have more than your usual 15-19 songs... if not... well then you failed if you have to have 44