In this Discussion

The official Album number 3 thread

Comments

• QUOTE (DJRose @ Jun 16 2009, 02:36 PM)
    Can this CD come out already? Because I'm *seriously* ready for it to come out. Kthxbai.

I told my friend it was kept getting pushed back and she said, "It looks sexy pushed back."
    If you don't get it, go watch Mean Girls again.
  • Apparently the album is finished and mastered...
    http://twitter.com/okgo/status/2353241473
  • YES.

Hi, Good Job!
  • Im so incredibly excited I can't wait!
  • QUOTE (MyFavoritePerson @ Jun 22 2009, 09:29 PM)
    I told my friend it was kept getting pushed back and she said, "It looks sexy pushed back."
    If you don't get it, go watch Mean Girls again.

HAHAHA
    I totally got that the moment I read it.

High five!
  • June 23, 2009 OK Go finish their album.

from here

Guess it will take 2 more years to come out though haha!
  • QUOTE (Courtneytastic @ Jul 6 2009, 10:25 PM)
    HAHAHA
    I totally got that the moment I read it.

High five!

High five right back! I told my fried no one said anything to that on the phone last night but hey now someone has! It still makes us laugh and forget that the album hasn't come out yet. smile.gif
  • Haha, true. Mean Girls can make you forget anything, even how totally un-enjoyable real-life mean girls are.

But since I'm NOT watching Mean Girls:
    OK Go's 3rd album, I pine for you!

• Is there going to be a single released first? How does that work? I've never followed a band through a new album before...
  • QUOTE (Tapegrl =D @ Aug 3 2009, 10:26 PM)
    Is there going to be a single released first? How does that work? I've never followed a band through a new album before...

Probably. Most bands release a single (sometimes two, if they're big enough, or the second is released right before or after the album's release) prior to releasing the full album.

Y'all realise that, like, at this point, this record is NOT coming out in 2009.....right?
  • Looks like it'll be released in January or February, hopefully. At least that's what Tim tweeted on Saturday.

Of course, I'm hoping for a 2/23/2010 release date as that would be one of the best birthday presents ever. Only rivaled by the birthday call from aross (thanks again Kalinda, you rockstar you!).
  • So does anyone know a specific release date yet?
    I'm really pining for this new album.
    Like, REALLY. wacko.gif (I'm sure everyone here is, too).
  • My guess? Early 2010. Like, maybe January, probably February, perhaps March. Somewhere in that time range. No idea on specifics, though.

ETA : Well, I'm a dumbass, 'cause I forgot that Becky posted about Tim tweeting about a Jan/Feb release. So that info was pretty evident.
  • Since Rachel and Katy are at the Bell House right now and probably won't hit the boards til later, the date has been announced.

Mark your calendars, it's gonna drop January 12, 2010.

Personally, I hope it gets pushed back to 2/23/10, but that's just me being selfish.

Let the squees and confetti cannons commence.
  • Do be warned that, even when "set," release dates have a tendency of changing themselves magically. So don't be surprised if it winds up not being on exactly 12th January.

But yeah. That's what HE said.
  • QUOTE (jedi_grrlie @ Sep 14 2009, 10:07 AM)
    ETA : Well, I'm a dumbass, 'cause I forgot that Becky posted about Tim tweeting about a Jan/Feb release. So that info was pretty evident.

Guhhh. I feel stupid, too.
    I do actually recall reading this at some point in time, so don't mind me...
  • Did you guys have seen this:

September 8, 2009 Dave is working on a mix of a Muppet song for OK Go.

from here

A muppet song? huh.gif
  • QUOTE (Joris @ Sep 20 2009, 07:31 AM)
    Did you guys have seen this:

September 8, 2009 Dave is working on a mix of a Muppet song for OK Go.

from here

A muppet song? huh.gif

Whatever it is, all I know is Muppets + OK Go = GENIUS. My husband is going to shit his pants.
  • If they do a video with it, then they must dance like Muppets.
  • OMG OMG! Rachel, I'm with your husband. I want to be articulate here and say something about the cultural and personal significance of the Muppets to Americans of a certain age, but all I can get out is that THIS WILL BE SO AWESOME. The Muppets make me insanely happy. OK Go makes me insanely happy. I don't know how I'm going to handle all this insane happiness. smile.gif