In this Discussion

Harry Potter

Comments

• Has anyone heard that Tom Felton aka Malfoy is coming out with a single? My best friend past along this interview with Tom Felton to me, so I must share it with you. Who knew? So help me, no matter how old he gets I *heart* Malfoy.

Here's the interview:

Part 0

Part 1

Part 2

Part 3

Part 4
  • Why yes, I have read that Feltbeats interview already. One of my friends here at Smith is totally and completely obsessed with Tom Felton.
    And yeah, he's putting out a whole CD- 9 songs. Not with a label or anything, just on iTunes and stuff.

And honestly, he's pretty damn good. Feltbeats on YT
  • QUOTE (thephantommilk @ Apr 11 2009, 07:20 PM)
    Why yes, I have read that Feltbeats interview already. One of my friends here at Smith is totally and completely obsessed with Tom Felton.
    And yeah, he's putting out a whole CD- 9 songs. Not with a label or anything, just on iTunes and stuff.

And honestly, he's pretty damn good. Feltbeats on YT

Tee-hee, yes, he is pretty damn good and oh so British. Why are those Brits so talented?
  • Totally can't wait till July.

• Ooh, Ron in Quidditch gear wub.gif

I'm really excited now, too. The newest trailer looks seriously fantastic.
  • Question: Why is the Burrow on fire? Am I forgetting something? Have they added the beginning of the 7th book?
  • I vaguely remember the director talking about adding that bit in- he had some thought-out reasoning behind it, but yeah, there's a whole attack on the Burrow that's totally new and unrelated to the books. Idk what that means for the Book 7 films.
    There are a number of changes from the book in the film. Much of the book's ending has been changed, with the climactic battle and Dumbledore's funeral being removed. Heyman commented that the end battle was removed to "[avoid] repetition" with the forthcoming adaptation of Deathly Hallows. The funeral was removed as it was believed it did not fit with the rest of the film. The collapse of a Muggle bridge mentioned briefly in the book serves as the film's opening sequence. Scenes of Diagon Alley being demolished by Death Eaters and an attack on the Burrow by Bellatrix Lestrange and werewolf Fenrir Greyback are added, as can be seen in the trailers. All but two of the memory scenes, including that of the Gaunts, have been cut. Only the flashbacks of Tom Riddle at the orphanage and Riddle asking Slughorn about Horcruxes, shown twice, remain. Yates said they made the decision to compress the memories, but still "got some really cool ones". Characters who are cut include the Dursleys, Kreacher, Dobby, Bill and Fleur, Rufus Scrimgeour, Cornelius Fudge and the Muggle Prime Minister. However, Quidditch, being excluded from the previous film, returns. Bellatrix Lestrange will also participate in the battle of the astronomy tower, whereas she did not in the book, as seen in a picture with the Carrows and Greyback, celebrating Dumbledore's death. In the book, on the Hogwarts Express, after he is petrified and hidden under his Invisibility Cloak by Malfoy, Harry is rescued by Nymphadora Tonks. In the film, Luna Lovegood saves him instead, using her Spectrespecs to find him

WHAT they got rid of the Gaunt flashback? I thought that was one of the best parts of the book; it actually gave Voldemort motives

And they got rid of Kreacher??? NOOOOOOOO

(I am in full Harry Potter geek-out mode)
  • Yeah, the changes are sad, as always...they cut a lot of characters- Bill and Fleur? The Dursleys? Kreacher and Dobby? AND all the Ministers?

But... I guess, at least they brought Quidditch back?
    Idk
    I still think it looks like the best HP adaptation to date.
    Maybe that says more about the standards of the first five movies.
  • It's been a long time since I've read the 6th book, so I don't remember a lot of stuff. And I'm not going to reread it because if I did then it would just make me mad at all the stuff that I love and they leave out. I just can't help it. I try to go into the movie understanding that they have to leave a lot of stuff out, but when they change major things it just ticks me off. So, I'm going to just go without remembering a lot, and then maybe I'll enjoy it more, seeing as they do a good job in the first place.
  • As if we didn't have reason enough to have a Chicago boardie convention, here's more reason.

http://www.suburbanchicagonews.com/napervi...ARRY_S1.article

Bah, I wished I lived in Chicago!
  • when is the movie out in the uk/us? I'll watch it next wednesday or thursday, depending on whether I get tickets for the original english version (cause the synchronised voices of the cast in german is just horrible...) and I'm super excited biggrin.gif
  • It comes out the 15th. A week from today. I'm seeing it at midnight! My friends and I already have our tickets. It looks seriously fantastic. Especially in comparison to the mediocrity of the previous movies. I'm pretty excited.

• smile.gif I got my tickets for wednesday as well! biggrin.gif

I used to go to those midnight things for the previous movies, but it seems that Hamburg doesn't have that anymore? weird, considering I used to live in a way smaller town where they had that... um, oh well... so I'm seeing the second show that day, which is pretty close to your midnight shows (in NY it'll be 2am I think). And I'm super excited as well tongue.gif
  • Can't wait! Hope it kicks ass! I'm going to try to see it on Wednesday!
  • I know we've discussed Potter Puppet Pals around here. But I must reinerate their awesomeness:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tx1XIm6q4r4

BTW, how was the new movie peeps? Fill me in!
  • My favorite part of seeing the movie was when Ginny kissed Harry, spoiler alert smile.gif, everyone in the theater said under their breath, "She's taller than him!"
  • I thought it was the best of the films so far. I loved it.
  • I thought it was a little too teenage-romance-based ... I mean, it's fun and all, but I think the main story should have been the memory-horcrux-thing between harry and dumbledore ...

But I LOVED it still tongue.gif Go watch it
  • I totally loved it. I thought they did a really good job of balancing the plot between the romance, the lessons with dumbledore, and draco's story arc. Everyone's acting impressed me, especially Tom Felton.