In this Discussion

WTF?

Comments

• QUOTE (canter @ Nov 11 2009, 11:46 AM)
    Only available in the US, so I can only see the shitty YouTube quality...please tell me there's some place I can actually buy a high quality version of this song...it's not fair that I'd have to pirate it just because I can't legally get it. >.<

QUOTE (DJRose @ Nov 10 2009, 11:51 AM)
    I have it on good authority that it'll be available everywhere in 6 days!

Make that 5.
  • QUOTE (canter @ Nov 11 2009, 11:46 AM)
    Only available in the US, so I can only see the shitty YouTube quality...please tell me there's some place I can actually buy a high quality version of this song...it's not fair that I'd have to pirate it just because I can't legally get it. >.<

One : once OK Go has it uploaded to YouTube, I'm sure it's going to be an HQ video, even if that's not like, ya' know, 360 kbps quality.

Two : Give it a bit and you'll be able to find it on the interwebs to tide you over until you can buy it.
  • well i found a vid claiming to be 'HQ' on youtube...lies lies lies..
    amazing vid, love <3
  • Question I have and I could use an answer from some authorites, what do I tell my friends the name of this song is? Do I say pronounce it "W-T-F" or do I say to them "What the f--"?

I ask cause my classmates saw me all excited over this new vid and I wasn't sure what to tell them the name is.
  • Idk about the authorities, but I always say W-T-F when it's spelled like that.
  • the actual "What The F---" is in the video, though...
    Even in crappy quality, it's still completely mind-blowing.
  • I actually asked Tim that question directly on Sunday. He said they call it "WTF" as in "double-you tee eff," the letters, not the words.
  • aww... I totally fall in love with the song and especially the video!! ♥
    Oh my. I love the video of WTF? It's soo colourful.
    Watching the vid makes me immediately happy. laugh.gif
  • Thanks, sureeyesawake! tongue.gif

And Pinkmuffin, your avatar and siggie be awesome fo sho wink.gif And the Teeny's now have some pretty new clothes to add to their wardrobe.
  • You're welcome! Tim also said they've been rehearsing, but it's really hard to play because it's in 5/4 time. So if some people are having a hard time getting their heads around it, that might be why.
  • video is so <3
    like mind bendingly and heart meltingly so.

• Still no love for anybody except the US, eh? :/ You'd think they would've been respectful enough to at least have put it up on their website for purchase...
  • QUOTE (DJRose @ Nov 10 2009, 11:51 AM)
    I have it on good authority that it'll be available everywhere in 6 days!

QUOTE (canter @ Nov 11 2009, 11:46 AM)

QUOTE (DJRose @ Nov 11 2009, 11:52 AM)
    Make that 5.

QUOTE (canter @ Nov 13 2009, 01:27 PM)
    Still no love for anybody except the US, eh? :/ You'd think they would've been respectful enough to at least have put it up on their website for purchase...

QUOTE (Mr. Jorge, Whom I Adore @ Nov 10 2009, 12:49 AM)
    of course. but iTunes has kindly asked us not to put it up anywhere else for a week or so.

3 Days. You have 3 days to wait for purchase, and it is even viewable on YouTube in the meantime. I know, it sucks. But it's not like the guys had a say.
  • QUOTE (canter @ Nov 13 2009, 01:27 PM)
    Still no love for anybody except the US, eh? :/ You'd think they would've been respectful enough to at least have put it up on their website for purchase...

QUOTE (DJRose @ Nov 13 2009, 03:35 PM)
    3 Days. You have 3 days to wait for purchase, and it is even viewable on YouTube in the meantime. I know, it sucks. But it's not like the guys had a say.

Seriously, dude, chillax. If you're that desperate to have the song with you wherever you go, make a YouTube rip.
  • QUOTE (hensocks @ Nov 11 2009, 01:26 AM)
    I just noticed after watching the video a million times... CONFETTI!

Do they love that stuff or what!

haha, I thought the same!
  • QUOTE (jedi_grrlie @ Nov 13 2009, 06:59 PM)
    Seriously, dude, chillax. If you're that desperate to have the song with you wherever you go, make a YouTube rip.

It's just...so pathetic that restrictions like this exist on the internet after all this time. :/ We have the technology to send messages wirelessly over thousands of miles in less than a quarter of a second, but we're still using country restrictions? Christ.
  • QUOTE (canter @ Nov 16 2009, 12:57 PM)
    It's just...so pathetic that restrictions like this exist on the internet after all this time. :/ We have the technology to send messages wirelessly over thousands of miles in less than a quarter of a second, but we're still using country restrictions? Christ.

Write to your senator, then. Or whomever represents you.
  • Forgive me for asking... but I am having troubles with my computer and I haven't been able to even access my iTunes store for weeks because I need some sort of Safari upgrade (which I don't even use) and I can't purchase WTF? or the video... OR pre-order the cd... Main problem is that I can't even get my computer to open the new Safari package or even open it to install...

Long story short.
    Is there a way I can get the YouTube verison on to my iPod?

I *PROMISE* I will purchase it all once I figure out WTF is wrong with my computer...
  • QUOTE (DJRose @ Nov 13 2009, 03:35 PM)

I notice it has now been 4 days...and it's still not up.

...why am I not surprised? tongue.gif
  • Katie, I think there's a way with a plug in for Firefox, but I'm not sure.

Everyone, check this out!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TNeItlrTdvY

There's some fabulous commentary there, especially the part about Dan's Personal Struggle With Ikea Chair. I also love Tim Singin' In the Rain.