In this Discussion

Ok Go Live at the Fillmore New York at Irving Place

edited November -1 in OK Go
So... I JUST saw this on Itunes and I'm still in the process of downloading it (I was pretty eager to spread the news...) It appears to be a DVD of a LIVE show. And it looks really new.

I just checked OK Go's website, but didn't see anything there... Maybe I'm just quick or something.

Anyways, if you people read this, go check out Itunes and watch this. I'm going to watch it for sure.

Regards,

Jo

Comments

• WHAT?!

Are you kidding? They filmed that THREE years ago! I have been wondering about that.

This is the show - the last time they were at Irving Plaza. Insane.

• QUOTE (DJRose @ Nov 24 2009, 04:54 PM)
    WHAT?!

Are you kidding? They filmed that THREE years ago! I have been wondering about that.

Not kidding. Just bought it. Watched part of it last night. Pretty sweet.
  • Just got a press release about it - great find, Jo!

http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/li...m-72576682.html
  • Yeah, thanks. I just can't believe you were at that concert... Lucky you. It was really fun to read about your exploits.

Run house. ha.
  • QUOTE (DJRose @ Nov 24 2009, 07:54 AM)
    WHAT?!

Holy shit! This means I've been a fan for 3 years! I know, alot of you have been fans for waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay longer. But November 3rd 2006 feels like just yesterday!

rolleyes.gif
  • I bought the fillim, but I haven't watched it yet. (I do actually have a life, believe it or not. wink.gif ) Anybody wants to know something before they buy, let me know. But really, I think you should just buy it anyway. It's only $7.99.
  • Bought it , watched it, loved it! I had not used iTunes before. It was painless. And rewarding.
  • I'm going to get it, but Adam is asking me to wait until Chanukah for some reason. I don't know. So he can give me an iTunes gift card? Who knows?

Anyway, Umm, I'm kind of wondering if you can hear "Run's House". If you can I will be eternally mortified. But a little proud. That was, after all, the night before the NPR broadcast with Run's House and "The Cactus Sucks".
  • Hmm, you can definitely hear a two-syllable yell, but it would be impossible to make it out, so only we here on the board will know it's our Rachel yelling "Run's House" at the top of her lungs. wink.gif

I still haven't watched the whole thing. I'm a little disappointed in the sound, though. They clearly took a feed direct from the mixing board, rightly so I guess, but the result is too clean. The vocal at least doesn't seem to be mixed in well, so overall it misses that "live concert" sound, in my opinion. In other words, you hear what Damian sounds like to the microphone and not what he sounds like to the audience, and it's weird. The editing is slightly frustrating, too - often they cut away just when you want them to stay with that shot (on all the guys, not just Damian). Grr. That said, the video quality is great, and I'm still grateful to have this. It's like reliving 2006-07. smile.gif *happy shivers*
  • QUOTE (sureeyesawake @ Dec 2 2009, 10:46 PM)
    Hmm, you can definitely hear a two-syllable yell, but it would be impossible to make it out, so only we here on the board will know it's our Rachel yelling "Run's House" at the top of her lungs. wink.gif

The board... and the band. *heddesk*. Oh well. I was younger in those days. Azulaco/Amy was ready to kill me towards the end, I think. I'm just grateful I had the sense to retire it, although I get a little nostalgic every time I hear the song live.

I haven't gotten it yet, but I will say that I generally prefer my live recordings to come straight from the board. That's no excuse for a poor mix though, I'd think, but I could be wrong.
  • is it supposed to have video? i downloaded it but it appears to just be a live audio recording...am i right or retarded?
  • You can purchase it as both an audio or a video recording.
  • So I bought it tonight. Oh Geez. Yeah, you can hear me. You can also see Tim laughing at it the first time. I never saw a reaction from him. That makes the embarrassment a little less awful.
  • I've downloaded iTunes because I wanted to buy "You're Not Alone-EP" and "OK Go Live at the Fillmore New York at Irving Plaza" with my iTunes-gift coupon . But unfortunately "OK Go Live at the Fillmore New York at Irving Place" isn't available in the German iTunes-store sad.gif I hate that! It's always the same with this damn geoblocking!! mad.gif
  • QUOTE (PinkMuffin @ Jan 9 2010, 10:07 AM)
    I've downloaded iTunes because I wanted to buy "You're Not Alone-EP" and "OK Go Live at the Fillmore New York at Irving Place" with my iTunes-gift coupon . But unfortunately "OK Go Live at the Fillmore New York at Irving Place" isn't available in the German iTunes-store sad.gif I hate that! It's always the same with this damn geoblocking!! mad.gif

Muffin, are you searching under "Irving Place" or "Irving Plaza"? Because the venue is called Irving Plaza. I hope that makes the difference!!!
  • QUOTE (DJRose @ Jan 9 2010, 06:02 PM)
    Muffin, are you searching under "Irving Place" or "Irving Plaza"? Because the venue is called Irving Plaza. I hope that makes the difference!!!

I'm searching under "Irving Plaza" without results in the German iTunes-store. I just found it in the American iTunes-Store but then it says I can't buy it because my account is only valid for the German iTunes-store.
    However, I can't have a American account because I don't have a American gift-coupon.
    I mean why is it always so complicated! huh.gif
  • I feel your pain. Being Canadian, I also can't buy it. Drag.

I've heard all sorts of suggestions about getting a US iTunes account which I may try.

Capital clearly doesn't want our money