In this Discussion

The official Album number 3 thread

Comments

• QUOTE (DJRose @ Jan 5 2010, 06:56 PM)
    Argh. Cannot wait to get home so that I too can hear the studio version of White Knuckles.

Anyway. Here's an interview/review sort of article. http://www.hitsonline.net/2010/01/ok-go-di...uenced-new.html

t'is as amazing as the live vershon raches
  • hey guys, I've have been so absent lately also due to the fact that the new OK Go songs are a wee bit different from what I expected. (but I am not judging at all here, as I only heard two songs yet) Plus, they are playing Cologne ... which is like 'the' city that is so not available for me and spontaneous concert-going... (I mean, London, sure, but cologne..?! ah, I guess you won't know tongue.gif)
    Aaaaanyway, I was just now ordering a bunch of CDs off amazon (vampire weekend and Adam Green if you wanna know) and saw that they have one album out Jan. 12th, black cover and one out Jan. 19th with colourfull cover... same songs for both but what's the difference? ... (sorry if that was topic before, but it's late and I don't wanna go through all the pages... )

• just heard "WTF?" in a commercial for the new michael cera movie, Youth in Revolt.
    I was already sold on seeing the movie a long time ago, but now... wink.gif
  • QUOTE (Head Full of Crazy @ Jan 5 2010, 02:10 PM)
    t'is as amazing as the live vershon raches

It is pretty fantastic. The only thing I'm not crazy about is that in the live version, ARoss does this absolutely SICK guitar solo which in the studio version has been distorted so much that Adam turned to me while we were listening last night to say "Umm, is that an actual guitar or midi?". It's almost like a video game sound. But I will still probably listen to it a billion times over and just love it even more when they play it live.

QUOTE (mayonaise @ Jan 5 2010, 05:39 PM)
    Aaaaanyway, I was just now ordering a bunch of CDs off amazon (vampire weekend and Adam Green if you wanna know) and saw that they have one album out Jan. 12th, black cover and one out Jan. 19th with colourfull cover... same songs for both but what's the difference? ... (sorry if that was topic before, but it's late and I don't wanna go through all the pages... )

Hey Susi! It's good to see you. biggrin.gif The thing is that we don't know the difference. I've tried tweeting to Mr. Mr. Jorge, Whom I Adore, Whom I Adore and the OK Go account with no answer. Let me see if I can try to go through another channel. EDIT: Hmm, that's very interesting. I just went back to Amazon to send a link along with my email and saw the second CD was discontinued. Checking the UK, same thing. So then I went to the German Amazon site to see what was there and I saw that all the covers were the same (they probably made that change overnight) but that the pricey one was still available. My only guess is that Amazon had some incorrect data. Were I you I would get the one that is available on the 12th. The other ones are not.

QUOTE (katieyellow @ Jan 5 2010, 10:49 PM)
    just heard "WTF?" in a commercial for the new michael cera movie, Youth in Revolt.

Oh man, really? OK, next time I'm ffing through commercials I'll watch for that one.
  • QUOTE (DJRose @ Jan 6 2010, 02:19 PM)
    Hey Susi! It's good to see you. biggrin.gif The thing is that we don't know the difference. I've tried tweeting to Mr. Mr. Mr. Jorge, Whom I Adore, Whom I Adore, Whom I Adore and the OK Go account with no answer. Let me see if I can try to go through another channel. EDIT: Hmm, that's very interesting. I just went back to Amazon to send a link along with my email and saw the second CD was discontinued. Checking the UK, same thing. So then I went to the German Amazon site to see what was there and I saw that all the covers were the same (they probably made that change overnight) but that the pricey one was still available. My only guess is that Amazon had some incorrect data. Were I you I would get the one that is available on the 12th. The other ones are not.

smile.gif Thanks Rach, so, I just checked, and still found both covers, just the pricey one got a bit more pricey and apparently is already available to buy, whereas the other one still says it's out Jan 12th. I guess I'll go for that one and see what happends with the other one then ... smile.gif

(actually, right now the covers changed AGAIN ... (yay amazon!) and I can now choose between the CD for either 12, 16 or 38 euros ... sweet)
  • You probably all saw this, but in case you haven't: http://www.teen.com/music/behind-the-scene...hing-their-pad/ It's Damian's house!

Also, you probably don't follow me on Twitter, but I have an awesome RT to share:
    "@okgo MySpace Worldwide Album Premiere TOMORROW!" I heard it from Capitol, so it's pretty reliable information.
  • Damian has a pretty sweet pad. I admit I probably fangirled most at the backyard where the Million Ways vid was shot, haha.
    Also listening to him talk about meeting Kermit melted me a little bit, again.
    And the legos. So dorkable <3

I've been so busy lately, but my parents pre-ordered Of the Blue Colour of the Sky with the signed poster for me for Christmas =)

I'm quite excited for the album to come to me in 6 days. wub.gif
  • Also, in case y'all didn't know, the first vid for This Too Shall Pass is premiering on YouTube on the 12th. That's right, they're making two. At least that's what this snippet leads me to believe: ...the first of two for “This Too Shall Pass”...

For future videos, the band has enlisted the talents of a team of engineers from NASA and Jet Propulsion Laboratories, animals, a Dutch artist and MIT Media Lab students.

Most excellent.
  • The album leaked... sad.gif
  • QUOTE (GoodJobJR @ Jan 6 2010, 08:22 PM)
    The album leaked... sad.gif

So don't listen to it. It's only 6 more days away.
  • p.s I figured it was time i got my buns back to the boards...
    p.p.s i may or may not have taken the day off of work jan. 12th... true story.
  • new songs are being added SLOWLY to the myspace!!!!
    i'm pretty much dying with excitement.
  • I just listened to "All Is Not Lost" and "Needing/Getting" is on right now. I am a Happy Rachie.
  • I forgot to get to the bottom of the expensive/not that expensive versions for you. sorry. i'll figure it out and post it here.
  • I'm not going to listen to it. This is the first time I'm not going to listen to an album before I have an actual copy and I can tell you, its really really hard.
    Tomorrow I will call the record store in Amsterdam and see if they have it, if yes, I will pick up my copy tomorrow biggrin.gif
  • QUOTE (Mr. Jorge, Whom I Adore @ Jan 7 2010, 02:31 AM)
    I forgot to get to the bottom of the expensive/not that expensive versions for you. sorry. i'll figure it out and post it here.

Because you're not totally busy with, oh I don't know, launching an album? No apologies necessary. You don't need to answer every question we pose to you within a certain timeframe. Besides, since the uber-expensive option has been removed from Amazon, it's a moot point now. biggrin.gif
  • QUOTE (katieyellow @ Jan 7 2010, 04:46 AM)
    p.s I figured it was time i got my buns back to the boards...

I did take off work the 12th. And I don't feel a bit guilty about it, either.
  • Okay. I'm just going to say, if there's no vinyl release I'll probably have to kill myself. This is clearly some of the best music that I've ever heard.
  • QUOTE (canter @ Jan 7 2010, 02:44 PM)
    Okay. I'm just going to say, if there's no vinyl release I'll probably have to kill myself. This is clearly some of the best music that I've ever heard.

Here: http://www.amazon.com/Blue-Colour-Sky-Ok-G...4122&sr=8-1
  • QUOTE (katieyellow @ Jan 5 2010, 07:49 PM)
    just heard "WTF?" in a commercial for the new michael cera movie, Youth in Revolt.

REALLY?!?!? Omg, how have I not noticed it! Looks like imma be at the movie theater all weekend: avatar, Sherlock, and now youth in revolt!

QUOTE (beckysioux @ Jan 6 2010, 05:41 PM)
    Also, in case y'all didn't know, the first vid for This Too Shall Pass is premiering on YouTube on the 12th. That's right, they're making two. At least that's what this snippet leads me to believe: ...the first of two for “This Too Shall Pass”...

I didn't know! Thanks Becky!

QUOTE (katieyellow @ Jan 6 2010, 07:46 PM)
    p.s I figured it was time i got my buns back to the boards...

I may or may not wear my ok go shirt, hoodie, wristbands, buttons, and I'll even have a sticker on me somewhere! Buahahahahahahahaha!