In this Discussion

The official Album number 3 thread

Comments

• Happy Jan 12 everyone! A day we have all waited for since we were born! Wether we new it or not.
  • I pinned my OK Go patch to my jacket. I intend on going to the record store and Buying it as soon as my classis over in 30 minutes. then hoping i get home before Fel leaves for work we can freak out together

Happy OK Go day !!

ye ye!

Also

How many #OKgo s would you need to make it a trending topic? more then our army? just wondering
  • Its not available here just yet ( The Netherlands ). They say its postponed. I've called every good record store over here and none of them has it in stock! I guess I'll have to wait untill the 22th, after the Amsterdam concert, to listen to the album first time..

Ah I've waited to long now, 4,5 years and counting.. sad.gif
  • QUOTE (Joris @ Jan 12 2010, 06:05 PM)
    Its not available here just yet ( The Netherlands ). They say its postponed. I've called every good record store over here and none of them has it in stock! I guess I'll have to wait untill the 22th, after the Amsterdam concert, to listen to the album first time..

(((((((hugs))))))) It will be well worth the wait.
  • QUOTE (Joris @ Jan 12 2010, 12:05 PM)
    Its not available here just yet ( The Netherlands ). They say its postponed. I've called every good record store over here and none of them has it in stock! I guess I'll have to wait untill the 22th, after the Amsterdam concert, to listen to the album first time..

They *might* have them available at the show. I don't know if they bring any merch with them when they tour outside the US. But if they do, there's a good chance the CD might be with them for purchase at the show.
  • Do you ever think I can wait untill next week on friday?! Haha that will be a tuff week!
  • QUOTE (beckysioux @ Jan 12 2010, 02:22 PM)
    They *might* have them available at the show. I don't know if they bring any merch with them when they tour outside the US. But if they do, there's a good chance the CD might be with them for purchase at the show.

The time I saw them in London they had merch available.
  • They've been here for two times, and they had merch both times so I expect some new shirt designs + CD's!
  • QUOTE (Joris @ Jan 12 2010, 01:05 PM)

I'm not surprised. I'm not sure it's available here, either. Oh No was officially released in France like, a year after the record was released in the US, if I recall correctly. US release dates don't automatically = everyone's release date...

That being said, I'd be shocked if they didn't have copies with them at their shows. They are, after all, touring to promote it.
  • they have the cd at the gigs, i just got mine tonight =]

amazon REFUSED to sell and send it too me, as they "dont have the stock" so yeah...
  • http://www.okgo.net/

Anyone have TWELVE-HUNDRED DOLLARS I can borrow? blink.gif
  • QUOTE (toiletdog @ Jan 12 2010, 06:41 PM)
    http://www.okgo.net/

Anyone have TWELVE-HUNDRED DOLLARS I can borrow? blink.gif

That is so, so, so tempting. Alas, I'm trying to get rid of my debt. Though I think I can afford the TTSP package.
  • QUOTE (beckysioux @ Jan 12 2010, 07:56 PM)
    That is so, so, so tempting. Alas, I'm trying to get rid of my debt. Though I think I can afford the TTSP package.

*ha* Instant Halloween costume. Hat and jacket. Food poisoning.

Seriously, though; $1200? OUCH.
  • Yeah, I don't think the MOAP is right for me. Still pondering the TTSP package though. Should I or shouldn't I?
  • Not to knock poor Dami when he's sick, but there's something hillariously awesome about listening to him rant and ramble when he's sick. Kinda sounds like a stoned hippie or something. laugh.gif
  • This album is amazing. Its relaxing yet you get like the old style disco feeling. I love it I don't think I will ever stop listening to it.
  • Happy OK Go Day, everyone! I'm sorry I haven't been here much, but I had to be here today.

I can't believe I'm listening to this on my iTunes, just like I listen to every other OK Go track I have. THE ALBUM IS OUT, PEOPLE!

I mean, I know you know that, but I'm just excited this day is finally here. We have all been anticipating this for over a year, so it feels weird that it's finally here.

It does sound like Prince through broken speakers.
  • QUOTE (Tempe Arizona @ Jan 12 2010, 08:46 PM)
    Not to knock poor Dami when he's sick, but there's something hillariously awesome about listening to him rant and ramble when he's sick. Kinda sounds like a stoned hippie or something. laugh.gif

Now that you said it, I can admit my guilt as well. Give that boy some warm soup and a hard-core smooch, now!
  • Am I the only one who feels the sudden urge to hug each of the boys after listening to the album? Damian especially? When people (reviewers) were calling it melancholy, I had no idea just how accurate they were. My heart hurts listening to some of the lyrics.

In other less woeful news, the liner notes = Brilliant.
  • QUOTE (beckysioux @ Jan 13 2010, 02:12 AM)
    Am I the only one who feels the sudden urge to hug each of the boys after listening to the album? Damian especially? When people (reviewers) were calling it melancholy, I had no idea just how accurate they were. My heart hurts listening to some of the lyrics.

In other less woeful news, the liner notes = Brilliant.

YES. I've been feeling that way since September, esp. re: Last Leaf.

And yes, the Liner Notes are this Geek's DREAM. (But I still want to know who that is singing that line in "All Is Not Lost", and they don't tell me, and that annoys me)