Die Werkstatt Köln
Gruener Weg 1b, 50825 KÖLN

Monday, 25th January 2010
Doors 8pm
Tickets € 18,10

Tickets available from:
http://www.eventim.de/cgi-bin/ok-go-ticket...;from=erdetaila

Well, I really want to go to this gig, because it's the only one in Germany,but
my parents permit me to go to Cologne,because it's so 'far away' from my hometown unsure.gif
I hope that they would let me go to OK Go's concert in Cologne.That's my only chance to see them live in 2010.

Comments

• I hope you find someone to go with you, Muffin!

All I know is that everytime I see it listed in the shows section, and it says "DE" my first reaction is "DE? That's DELAWARE! They're Coming!" and then I wake up and realize that it's "Deutschland" and I get sad.
  • QUOTE (DJRose @ Dec 22 2009, 09:58 PM)
    I hope you find someone to go with you, Muffin!

All I know is that everytime I see it listed in the shows section, and it says "DE" my first reaction is "DE? That's DELAWARE! They're Coming!" and then I wake up and realize that it's "Deutschland" and I get sad.

I hope that too...but it seems like I can't change my parents's mind sad.gif

Ohh...I'm sorry for you!! That's certain very depressing to think they will come to Delaware
    but they will come to Germany. I was so happy when I read that OK Go will come to Germany.
    But now I hope they will come to Vietnam in summer because I will be there in summer holidays XD
    It seems like it never works for me to see them live!! Damn... :/
  • I'd definitely LOVE to go!! but it seems I won't get the day off sad.gif. monday is always a bad day for a holiday at my office *sigh*. and since Köln (Cologne) is about 3 1/2 hrs by car away from me I can't even go after work. I can't believe they come back to Germany and I can't be there!!! sad.gif I remember last time I saw them twice in Germany, at 2 great shows... and this time it'll even be an Ok Go alone concert which is much better than shorter promo trips... ah well. maybe next time sad.gif. PinkMuffin, schade dass Du nicht gehen darfst....
  • QUOTE (Morrigan @ Dec 29 2009, 10:40 PM)
    I'd definitely LOVE to go!! but it seems I won't get the day off sad.gif. monday is always a bad day for a holiday at my office *sigh*. and since Köln (Cologne) is about 3 1/2 hrs by car away from me I can't even go after work. I can't believe they come back to Germany and I can't be there!!! sad.gif I remember last time I saw them twice in Germany, at 2 great shows... and this time it'll even be an Ok Go alone concert which is much better than shorter promo trips... ah well. maybe next time sad.gif. PinkMuffin, schade dass Du nicht gehen darfst....

Well, you have had the luck that you have seen them twice! I've never seen them live so it's twice
    as annoying that I won't see OK Go live this year again! :/

@Morrigan:
    Du kannst wirklich richtig froh sein,dass du sie schon 2-mal gesehn hast. ^^
    Ich werde OK Go dieses Jahr wohl wieder nicht live sehen können,
    dabei wohne ich wohl im Gegensatz zu dir näher an Köln als du.
    Das ist einfach richtig deprimierend! -.-
  • I'm going!!

(uh am I too late for this now?

I think we (a friend and I) live farthest, 4 hours away, with the weather being like 5 to 6 hours. But we'll be there and it would be amazing to see you there! (we're 21 and 22 if you need something to persuade your parents with, we'll watch out for you smile.gif )

biggrin.gif morrigan, you're from Bremen, right?
  • QUOTE (PinkMuffin @ Jan 9 2010, 04:24 PM)
    Well, you have had the luck that you have seen them twice! I've never seen them live so it's twice
    as annoying that I won't see OK Go live this year again! :/

@Morrigan:
    Du kannst wirklich richtig froh sein,dass du sie schon 2-mal gesehn hast. ^^
    Ich werde OK Go dieses Jahr wohl wieder nicht live sehen können,
    dabei wohne ich wohl im Gegensatz zu dir näher an Köln als du.
    Das ist einfach richtig deprimierend! -.-

yes indeed! and it was great to meet other Ok Go Fans too (waves to Liz). I really enjoyed those days. 2 great shows in Bielefeld and Bremen. meeting the band in my home town was fun! and talking to tim for at least 30 minutes! and talking to everyone else, too...

danke, PinkMuffin. Ich freu mich auch total drüber, es war großartig. Wenn ich nur näher dran wohnen würde hätt ich mich bestimmt noch nach der Arbeit ins Auto gesetzt und wäre hingefahren *seufz*. Beim nächsten Mal vielleicht...

@mayonaise: ja genau! Grüße an meine eigentliche Heimatstadt (naja, fast) biggrin.gif.
  • Well, I just want to wish all those Cologne-concert-goers a lot of fun tomorrow!
    Don't forget your cam to videotape some parts of the concert!! wink.gif
    Oh and could you please give my best regards to the band!
    I badly wish I could be there tomorrow.... sad.gif
  • I'll be on my way in 2 hours, 11 hours before the show starts.

(and still have to answer one very very important question ... what to wear? (flowery rather cool dress or black skrit with DAN (the yellow one I made) shirt?) )

I'll see them again!! Again ridiculously far away from hamburg. (but not nearly as cool and amazing as LONDON!)

biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

oh, and yesterday we found out our tickets are number 5 and 6 ... are there only so few people going?
  • have an amazing time suze =D

my ticketse for my nottingham gig were 3,4,5 and 6

and the place was rammmmed, although, thats not germany, and its not germany in the winter, or its coldest winter in 15 years!
  • Might be too late to answer, but if you're not wearing one of the shirts you made you're CRAZY. WEAR THE SHIRT.
  • Waaahhh...I was there!! I saw OK Go live *wooohoo* *jumping around* laugh.gif
    Well, I was sure that it wouldn't work but at school I feel just like:
    "Melanie,why don't you try it! It's your only chance to see them live this year!"
    So I took the next train to Cologne and yeah it works!!
    My friends just think I'm a crazy freak going to Cologne alone but
    it was really worth it. I just have a guilty conscience because my parents thought
    I stayed overnight by a friend :/ ^^

By the way, I've uploaded some videoclips of the concert :
    http://www.youtube.com/user/MuffinLady1617

• I have finally uploaded three of our videos.
    You can find them in my youtube library (http://www.youtube.com/user/mayonaise1987)

I really really really like the I want you so bad video, you know, Damian's little "oh"s ... tongue.gif and the light and everything. (sound is a bit off at first..)

oh and melanie, it was really really nice meeting you and I am so glad all worked out even though I'd really advise you to, you know, check everything before you do something like that again. (cause it could've been really bad, if we hadn't been there) So, next time, do check train timetables, do know where you have to go exactly, do check how much money you need. (I am 22 and have done loads of spontaneous things like that, but also, have always been double-checking all the important things, cause nothing, not even OK Go, is worth the things that could've happened)

(ok sorry, this was my moment of, your parents don't know what's going on, so someone has to say these things)

and now I feel old and boring ... ^^
  • QUOTE (mayonaise @ Feb 2 2010, 03:03 PM)
    (ok sorry, this was my moment of, your parents don't know what's going on, so someone has to say these things)

Awwwww, You're the German Molly Weasley! wub.gif
  • Mayonaise, don't feel old and boring. It is good that we take care of each other. <3
  • QUOTE (DJRose @ Feb 2 2010, 09:14 PM)
    Awwwww, You're the German Molly Weasley! wub.gif

that is the cutest thing someone has ever said to me wub.gif
  • QUOTE (mayonaise @ Feb 2 2010, 08:03 PM)
    oh and melanie, it was really really nice meeting you and I am so glad all worked out even though I'd really advise you to, you know, check everything before you do something like that again. (cause it could've been really bad, if we hadn't been there) So, next time, do check train timetables, do know where you have to go exactly, do check how much money you need. (I am 22 and have done loads of spontaneous things like that, but also, have always been double-checking all the important things, cause nothing, not even OK Go, is worth the things that could've happened)

yes this!
    your lucky it was the lovely suzie and diana, and not a pair of phyco killers =P (Qu'est-ce que c'est?)

AMAZING vids suzie also!
  • QUOTE (mayonaise @ Feb 2 2010, 09:03 PM)
    I have finally uploaded three of our videos.
    You can find them in my youtube library (http://www.youtube.com/user/mayonaise1987)

I really really really like the I want you so bad video, you know, Damian's little "oh"s ... tongue.gif and the light and everything. (sound is a bit off at first..)

Ohhh...I know what you mean! Believe me I would never do such a spontaneous crazy thing again!!
    I know that it wasn't that good planned because I just thought..."Well, Melanie it would never work! Don't even think about it!!" But then a friend of mine afford me an opportunity to go there and I just can't say no... ^^
    And of course it's ok that you said that to me (although my friends told it to me several times the day after the concert... )...You shouldn't feel old and boring because of that! smile.gif I think I wouldn't have been going to Cologne if I knew you wouldn't come!! Without you if would have been like me alone and lonely in a unknown city...
    So thank you Susi and Diana just for being there at the concert!! ♥ Vielen,vielen Dank für alles!! Ohne euch wäre ich ziemlich aufgeschmissen gewesen,deswegen denke ich auch dass ich dann wohl auch nicht den Entschluss gefasst hätte nach Köln zu fahren wink.gif

By the way..I love the videos!! I hope you would upload the others sometime too ^^