In this Discussion

Random Stuff

Comments

• alright i deleted those threads... my apologies if any of those happened to be a real person...
  • QUOTE (darbie_starpower @ Dec 29 2009, 08:29 AM)
    alright i deleted those threads... my apologies if any of those happened to be a real person...

I'll have you know, you just happend to have deleted the threads of three of my 7 ex-husbands! I'd only take them back for their money not for their ability to spam. laugh.gif
  • We had to take applicants for my school out to dinner the night before their interview. I started talking to 3 of them about Ok Go. I told them about the treadmill video because I thought that maybe that would help orient them and perhaps they had seen it. Two knew about Ok Go even before I said anything. One of them asked, "Is this (the treadmill video) something I can find on youtube?"
  • Welcome back; your last visit was: Jun 8 2008, 03:14 PM <~~ so THAT'S when I was last on! haaaa... too long, I think I'll get rocks thrown at me for that *runs*
  • OMG TEMPE!!... the only person I wouldn't be afraid if they checked my teeth *i'm deadly afraid of dentists... so yah, i shiver whenever I see my uncle bahaha* How are uuuuuu?! *throws stars @ u*
  • QUOTE (Pearl @ Jan 12 2010, 07:11 PM)
    OMG TEMPE!!... the only person I wouldn't be afraid if they checked my teeth *i'm deadly afraid of dentists... so yah, i shiver whenever I see my uncle bahaha* How are uuuuuu?! *throws stars @ u*

I'm livin' the dream. Hey, someone should start a new thread for people now returning from Ok Go hibernation to get re-aquainted. wink.gif

Oooo, stars! I love stars! I love Ziggy Stardust and Marc Bolan!

How are you, Pearl? What have you been up to?
  • yeah that was one heck of a hibernation!

I'm great actually, I've just been busy these past couple of years... don't you hate it when you work so hard, and get nothing out of it?.. except for great pay and annoying coworkers... I need a new job lmao... I'll become a starving artist if I have to :wink:

I've missed the crazyness that are these boards, it's relaxing in a way happy.gif
  • QUOTE (Pearl @ Jan 12 2010, 07:37 PM)
    yeah that was one heck of a hibernation!

I'm great actually, I've just been busy these past couple of years... don't you hate it when you work so hard, and get nothing out of it?.. except for great pay and annoying coworkers... I need a new job lmao... I'll become a starving artist if I have to :wink:

I've missed the crazyness that are these boards, it's relaxing in a way happy.gif

I hear ya, girlfriend! (I've been talking like Oprah lately.) I've been busy moving from the glorious Arizona to the rather interesting Mississippi. Tis nice to have a paycheck though fo'sho.
  • lol yeah, but oh so true, the "real world" sucks big time! I'm seriously looking for another job though... my friends say I should write something, which is odd, cuz I don't have anything interesting to write hahaha.
  • QUOTE (Pearl @ Jan 12 2010, 07:47 PM)
    lol yeah, but oh so true, the "real world" sucks big time! I'm seriously looking for another job though... my friends say I should write something, which is odd, cuz I don't have anything interesting to write hahaha.

Writing is fun! You should write if you want to. The two hardest parts are having the patience to do it and being your own worst critic. Do you draw?
  • I actually stopped drawing a few years ago, because I AM my worst critic, but only when it comes to drawing lol
  • I got a Colour today. I haven't listened to it yet. I won't ask how it is, because I have a sneaking suspicion this group is biased. tongue.gif
  • Well, after 1.5 quick listens, which really isn't enough for me to develop strong feelings for any album, I like it a lot. There isn't one that jumps out and grabs me, but there's a whole bunch that have a lot of potential to be favorites after I become more familiar with them. I really like that it's a little more electronica and less bubble gum pop, yet they retained that sound that is uniquely them. Thumbs up for sure.

Oh, and I know this is the wrong place for this, but I wanted to put it here to avoid seeing other people's reviews. I find that no matter how I try other reviews inevitably sway my opinion, even if only a little. And I don't want that. I don't even like knowing which songs are singles.
  • Ok Go posted on MySpace "Who lives in DC, Tampa, Riverside, Boston, or Columbia (SC) and wants to help us out? Reply to this bulletin and we'll get in contact. Other cities soon.... keep an eye out!" I don't live in any of those places but, eeeeeeeeeeekkkkkkkkkkkkk! (is that how you spell an excited 10-year-old-girl type of squeal?) I'm sure this is me over-reacting. I've had a horrid day.
  • Street teaming? Not that they really need that.
  • Yeah, that's probs just street-teaming, honey. Stuff like hanging up posters and handing out flyers and stickers.
  • I got excited too. Even if it's just street teaming stuff, it means they're coming to those cities soon. DC. Oh Yes. I was just there last night. biggrin.gif
  • QUOTE (DJRose @ Jan 22 2010, 02:27 PM)
    I got excited too. Even if it's just street teaming stuff, it means they're coming to those cities soon. DC. Oh Yes. I was just there last night. biggrin.gif

I'm glad you are excited too. I was feeling kind of self-conscious there for a bit.
  • QUOTE (DJRose @ Jan 22 2010, 10:27 AM)
    I got excited too. Even if it's just street teaming stuff, it means they're coming to those cities soon. DC. Oh Yes. I was just there last night. biggrin.gif

Ooooh. Good point. They better be touring the States over the summer, though, or in the fall or something. My boyfriend is dead set on going to see them with me at some point...