In this Discussion

OK Go Fan Art

Comments

• So I started out making this doll for my friend. It is supposed to look like Eric from the Scene Aesthtic and I decided it was so cool I wanted one of my own. So as I worked I made two identical copies of each other. Last to go on was the face and hair. So I finished up the eric one and put a whole head of hair on him. A head of hair takes about 2-3 hours to finish. I am leaving for college tomorrow and I was looking at my doll and thinking how much I didn't want to do all of that. Then I saw it, in the way his nose was, in his eyes, this doll was meant to be Tim. I worked for about 4 hours perfecting Tim's hair and his glasses. At some point I want to make him a jacket and a tie, but I simply ran out of time. So here is my Tim. He's prolly like 15 inches long and ADORABLE. What do y'all think? Keep in mind each doll takes about 40 hours to cut, sew, stuff, dress and face.
    Tim Doll View 1.
    Tim Doll View 2.
    Tim Doll View 3.
    Tim Doll View 4.
  • As said earlier, I'm doing LTD artwork for the new OK Go album ( school assignment ), and hopefully I can hand over a copy at their concert in Amsterdam on the 22th of January! Here is a sneak peak wink.gif

• QUOTE (Joris @ Jan 1 2010, 01:46 PM)
    As said earlier, I'm doing LTD artwork for the new OK Go album ( school assignment ), and hopefully I can hand over a copy at their concert in Amsterdam on the 22th of January! Here is a sneak peak wink.gif

That's really cool!
    I totally love it, I bet they will too! biggrin.gif
    After seeing the video I just had to draw 'em! :}

eek! this came out really big.... :/
  • I've said it before and I'll say it again - you are an incredibly talented artist.
  • QUOTE (hensocks @ Jan 12 2010, 03:16 AM)

so much <3
  • you all are so talented and creative
  • ok, so these are a few months old, but i made them for hensocks for her b-day
    it's like, all the amazingness of okgo condensed into one tidy package

• our figurines just made it into an okgo video!
    it's filmed at damain's house for teen.com
    if you haven't seen it already, you can see it on YouTube

• hensocks and heydoofball, you both just made my day! tongue.gif

hensocks, what did you make that painting out of? heydoofball, how did you make that lovely decopage? Yey for you keen eye!
  • I am having the hardest time sleeping tonight due to love of OK Go. And this thread is not helping! You are all so talented! wub.gif I've gone back several pages just to look at everything, and it's all amazing. I'm inspired to make some fan art myself, but I'm afraid I'm not all that good at anything like that. tongue.gif I suppose perhaps a video is in store. Hmm.

Seriously though. Every piece of art in here is just so great. Very squee-worthy. biggrin.gif
  • You guys are so nice!
    Thank you!

He really did put our 'statues' in his house!!
    ah! yay!!

QUOTE (Tempe Arizona @ Jan 19 2010, 05:24 PM)
    hensocks and heydoofball, you both just made my day! tongue.gif

hensocks, what did you make that painting out of?

Yay for making Tempe's day! biggrin.gif

The marching band one?
    It's actually a little doodle i did on printer paper with fine tip markers while watching that video a million times :]

drew this on a whim yesterday! i think i might make one for each song on the album smile.gif
    (sorry the picture of it is not very good.... but you get the idea!)
  • That reminds me of a mural of a city sky line an ex had painted on his wall and I always wanted to paint lyrics (Perfect Blue Buildings by Counting Crows) on the buildings but..... well, it wasn't my wall.
  • Steph, that looks great!
  • Nice one, steph! I like it. smile.gif
  • Heydoofball and I made a present to give to the boys at the LA premiere party:

The box

The front...

...and the back!

Damian insisted the present be in the shot C:

• QUOTE (Tempe Arizona @ Jan 20 2010, 02:24 AM)
    hensocks and heydoofball, you both just made my day! tongue.gif

hensocks, what did you make that painting out of? heydoofball, how did you make that lovely decopage? Yey for you keen eye!

wow, i obviously haven't been on here for a long time!

anyway, i bought the wooden letters at a craft store, looked through thousands of pictures,
    sized them approperately, printed them (good ink is key), cut them all out,
    laid them out based on size and color and composition, and then glued them on using matte Mod Podge.

that was probably way more detail than you cared to have, but now you know
    i see no point in keeping secrets from my fellow creative genius boardies! smile.gif
  • QUOTE (hensocks @ Mar 7 2010, 06:13 AM)
    Heydoofball and I made a present to give to the boys at the LA premiere party

That's an amazing gift. Great job!
  • Ahhh!!! Those are incredible. How did you make those? How did you come up with the idea? Brilliant!