In this Discussion

You know you're obsessed when...

Comments

• aw, thanks, Rachel. It's still kind of upsetting, but i think I've kinda gotten used to the idea that I'm actually not going anymore sad.gif
    I'm sure I'll make it over to the east coast and see you at some point eventually, though. Or perhaps see you at a Chicago show wink.gif
  • YKYOW:

You hear this song and think of Andy.
  • YKYOW:

You can't stop smiling when you find out the guest conductor who came to work with your orchestra just happens to be the director of orchestras at the Interlochen Center for the Arts (the same people who runs the camp Damian and Tim went to as kids).
  • again, since it'll take a while to trawl through the posts, this might be a repeat:
    YKYOW you listen to Ok Go and Oh No repeatedly every day on your computer on this site for about 5 hours. smile.gif
  • I know this has been said before, but it's time to bump this thread anyway:

ykyow... you arrange your vacations around OK Go tour dates.
  • YKYOW

-you can't focus on writing your 15-page, OK Go-inspired paper because you just found out you get to see the band in Portland! biggrin.gif

-you spend most of your time in class planning your WTF remix video.
  • QUOTE (sureeyesawake @ Mar 2 2010, 08:23 PM)
    I know this has been said before, but it's time to bump this thread anyway:

ykyow... you arrange your vacations around OK Go tour dates.

YKYOW you save frequent flyer miles so that when OK Go plays a city where your friends live, you can afford to fly there.

So glad this thread is back.

• when

6 of your teachers email your parents expressing how you need ot pay attention in class rather than huming and googling stuff about this band "Ok Go""
  • when you decide to write your 4,000 word essay on something you are interested in on ok go and wonder how you are only goiing to be able to wrtie that little
  • When you sprain your ankle trying to do the treadmill routine and have to have 2 days off work. How sad am I!
  • QUOTE (joetraff @ Mar 4 2010, 09:04 AM)
    When you sprain your ankle trying to do the treadmill routine and have to have 2 days off work. How sad am I!

Yikes, feel better! I definitely got drunk on New Year's Eve a few years ago and tried to do it, but apparently I'm even a chicken when I'm drunk so it didn't get much further than running and singing loudly. There is video, although I've never seen it.

YKYOW you're in charge of doing a "Word of the Week" feature for your office and you choose a word that can be applied to the YouTube/EMI Embedding argument.

doctrinaire
    –noun
    a person who tries to apply some doctrine or theory without sufficient regard for practical considerations; an impractical theorist.
    –adjective
    dogmatic about others' acceptance of one's ideas; fanatical: a doctrinaire preacher.
    merely theoretical; impractical.
    of, pertaining to, or characteristic of a doctrinaire.

Example Sentence: The doctrinaires at the major record labels refuse to accept that they need to adapt to the changing media climate to survive and succeed.
  • aww, my thread wub.gif
    I don't have anything to add but I wanted to express my warm fuzzies that the boards are waking up again and that we have newbies contributing to this thread <33333
  • You know you're obsessed when you pass up the brownies on your 2:00 snack break and feast (your eyes) on OK Go photos instead.
  • Deleted it.
  • YKYOW:

You and your roommate put up a map of the world on your wall and make a little red flag that reads, "OK Go" in white that moves around the world with the boys on their tour...Yep.
  • QUOTE (Jesteroo @ Mar 7 2010, 09:30 PM)
    YKYOW:

You and your roommate put up a map of the world on your wall and make a little red flag that reads, "OK Go" in white that moves around the world with the boys on their tour...Yep.

I like this idea. biggrin.gif
  • YKYOW
    I met Kermit the frog today. Instantly thought of Damian.

you see Kermit the frog while wearing your Ok Go hoodie and giggle in your brain at the inside jokes that spin round
  • YKYOW

On the drive to see Ok Go from Jackson to Gulf Shores, the land was pretty flat. Lots of houses and stores and trees. Suddenly, I get on I-10 approaching downtown Mobile and the water of the Gulf Coast, when skyscrapers out of nowhere loomed in front of me. Of course, "Skyscrapers" started playing in my head till those buildings passed out of sight.

Here are those very skyscrapers:

http://photos.igougo.com/image.....kyline.jpg

Also,

There is a small creek outside of the county I live in called "Dabbs Creek," and when I saw the sign, I instantly thought of Darbie.

Yes, it was a very Ok Go weekend.

• YKYOW you keep trying to correct the spelling of an employee named Damien in the payroll system and then remember some people actually spell their name Damien.
  • you associate them with everything, like recognising them in your friends. My friend phil reminds of andy and my bf reminds me of them, cos of the intellectual stuff. Listening to pixies a lot, cos they're big fans of them :)