In this Discussion

The Newsletter

Comments

• QUOTE (beckysioux @ Feb 28 2010, 12:25 AM)
    Live Video Premiere! sent out 2/27/10

I'm so excited.
    Anyone else getting the vibe that this video is going to be a really big deal? Like, get a lot of attention?
  • QUOTE (samanferr @ Feb 28 2010, 09:51 AM)
    I'm so excited.
    Anyone else getting the vibe that this video is going to be a really big deal? Like, get a lot of attention?

Yup! I don't think I realized how amazing it was going to be at first. But the more videos and sneak peeks I saw, the more I realized that it is going to bloody awesome. I think it's going to blow all our minds again. All I'm going to say... Grammys, here they come again!
  • i honestly think, this will blow the treadmills out of the water
  • We all know that they are super creative and fun, but I really think this video will be a very big deal. Through the sneak peaks and discussions about it, it seems like this video will be cool to everyone, not just OK Go fans.
    I'm sure the embedding thing may influence how fast the video gets around, but I'm thinkin it'll be big.

I can't wait to see!! smile.gif

ONE MORE DAY!!
  • Gotta agree with this vibe. The internet loves stuff like Rube Golberg machines. Better hold breath on the execution, but very gutted not to get to see it live!
  • I also agree, this could potentially be huge.
  • OK Go - Goes on US Tour! dated 3/5/10 (though I just got it today).
  • "We are grateful. We now want to come give each and every one of you a high-five. "

I'm seriously going to hold them to this. I want my goddamn high five lol
  • OK Go leaves EMI sent out 3/10/10.

A thread has begun here.
  • Landing Softly sent out 3/23/10.

The Boards got a nice little mention in the newsletter. Thanks Jorge aka Mr. Jorge, Whom I Adore!
  • In case you're still not receiving the newsletter:

Holy Awesomeness, Chicago! sent out 4/9/10.

My fave part of the letter is titled "The Beat Of The Drum". Click the link and you'll know why.

• beckysioux said:

In case you're still not receiving the newsletter:

Holy Awesomeness, Chicago! sent out 4/9/10.

My fave part of the letter is titled "The Beat Of The Drum". Click the link and you'll know why.

You know... the newsletter I got said "Holy Awesomeness, Batman!" and it didn't have the part about the Chicago show, obviously because I'm not from Chicago. But I didn't realize they customize each one! Kinda cool... :)

• You know... the newsletter I got said "Holy Awesomeness, Batman!" and it didn't have the part about the Chicago show, obviously because I'm not from Chicago. But I didn't realize they customize each one! Kinda cool... :)

Cool.  I didn't realize this either.  Mine just said "Open Road" instead of "Chicago." 

• Mine said "Philly".  I think they have spies out who know where each of us live.
  • YoDoofball! said:

You know... the newsletter I got said "Holy Awesomeness, Batman!" and it didn't have the part about the Chicago show, obviously because I'm not from Chicago. But I didn't realize they customize each one! Kinda cool... :)

mine also said batman, guess you and i live in a superhero cave and didn't even know it...

• The newsletter went out last night.  I have 2 nitpicks:

"Freedom fries"?  Really?  (Besides, I think the best way to cure a rockover is to pull out the confetti that is inevitably in your purse/pockets/hair/bra and have someone throw it at you.  A little "hair of the dog" as it were.)

"not for not."  Oh, Ninja.  It's not really your fault.  You're stepping into some very large, invisibly metallic shoes.  But those shoes have upheld a standard for the English language for years.  It's "not for naught." 

It's good that we're getting more frequent communication though – the newsletters were too few and far between.

• And now Mr. Jorge, whom I adore, is back, and I am so very happy. 

So did we all get the Newsletter?  Did we all click directly over to the store to order things?  Did we all squee with delight over the poster? Did we all try to find photos in the poster that we could potentially be in, and then squee with extra delight upon figuring out that we're on the poster?

...Or was that just me? ;)  Because I am that pathetic.

I'm sorry that I haven't been here to join in all the End Love celebrations guys.  My friend died on Sunday, and I've been finding it really hard to shake the melancholy.  I did watch the video, and I loved it.

• So sorry for your loss, DJ Rose.  Glad to see that you are still able to enjoy some OK Go despite the circumstances.

Yes, like you, I clicked over to the store and I did squee.  In fact, I squee every time I see an OK Go email in my inbox.  

• My sympathies DJ Rose.

I, like autumnraina, get a bit over-excited just getting the newsletters in my inbox However, I don't think I actually squee. Not a squee-er me (although, maybe squeeing is like snoring and you could be doing it without knowing? Nah, I don't snore, either!).

• I not only squee-ed, I ordered the poster and the USB. I am utterly pathetic. Utterly.

Now I'm trying to figure out who would be CC and who would be Hillary. Hmm, Tim as CC? Yep, that's the ticket.