In this Discussion

OK Go Fan Art

Comments

• Hensocks and heydoofball, you guys never cease to amaze me! You both are so creative!
  • Thanks everybody!
    You guys are always so nice! biggrin.gif

QUOTE (Tempe Arizona @ Mar 7 2010, 05:53 PM)
    Ahhh!!! Those are incredible. How did you make those? How did you come up with the idea? Brilliant!

Haha, thank you Tempe!

We wanted to give them something for all the work they put into the video and we just tried to think of what in the video we could incorporate in to a small, trinket-like present. We decided that we had to have the ending paint splatter, because it was just so cool, and then worked around that. A domino-like size made sense because dominoes were used in the video, and they are small enough to be portable. The rest of it just kinda came to be over the hours spent on making them and watching the video.

They are made out of white Fimo Clay, baked, then we took oil based paint (we learned that acrylics do not work on clay) and used hard-bristled paintbrushes (and a toothbrush at one point) to splatter the paint on. The red surrounding the letters were also painted on and then we left them to dry for about two and a half days. We were worried that they weren't going to be dry in time but eventually, they did dry and everything turned out fine. The box we made ourselves because I couldn't find a box that fit them nicely. The box was created foam board, an exact-o knife and hot glue, then painted with a white acrylic paint and the picture we drew on.

Making presents are so much fun, especially when its for the boys!
  • You explained everything except the part I'm most fascinated with - the carving of the boys' silhouettes. That looks SO DIFFICULT.
  • QUOTE (DJRose @ Mar 9 2010, 05:01 AM)
    You explained everything except the part I'm most fascinated with - the carving of the boys' silhouettes. That looks SO DIFFICULT.

Oops! It was the most time consuming part because we wanted them to be distinguishable as each of them separately as if the color wouldn't give that away. We used some pictures from the video as templates for the size and rough shape of them and with an exact-o knife, we just kept shaping the clay until we got it to look like each of them individually and be about their right sizes.
  • QUOTE (hensocks @ Mar 10 2010, 09:30 PM)
    Oops! It was the most time consuming part because we wanted them to be distinguishable as each of them separately as if the color wouldn't give that away. We used some pictures from the video as templates for the size and rough shape of them and with an exact-o knife, we just kept shaping the clay until we got it to look like each of them individually and be about their right sizes.

It's unbelievable how awesome that gift is! You really did nail their silhouettes too. I wonder...Are they sturdy enough to actually play with? Because that would rock to actually make up a game with those dominoes. XD

• QUOTE (hensocks @ Mar 10 2010, 09:30 PM)

You are seriously amazing. I hope someday to have fans as awesome as you are.
  • I just finished looking through some of the older posts and wow, there have been some really neat pieces of fan art posted!  Love your creativity!

I  want to put up some of the OK Go related things that i've made, but I thought that i'd first show some of the pictures that my little sister has done. I scanned some of them to share with you.

Here's one of the band:

http://img7.imageshack.us/img7/3103/002zxb.jpg

And here they are in a hot air balloonLaugh

http://img31.imageshack.us/img31/4259/003qa.jpg

(I hope these don't end up all enormous. I've never been particularly good at posting pictures...)

• ^^ That's so cuuuuuute!!! The hot air balloon is my favorite.
  • Kevroy, those are adorable! haha, tim is cracking me up!! He's just so spiffy!

I would love to see some of your stuff as well!

Jesteroo,

Yes they do work like dominoes... technically. Haha... funny story actually! We had this great idea that we should line them up like dominoes and knock them down to spell 'okgo' but we waxed the table right before hand, to make it all nice and pretty and what-not... it was a bad idea. The dominoes, as we tried to set them up, slid all over the place! 

DJRose,

Awwww, thanks!!

I practically worship all you old school boardies on here already so does that count as being your fan? C:

• hensocks said:

I practically worship all you old school boardies on here already so does that count as being your fan? C:

LOL, worship is not necessary.  We're happy you're here.  Are you going to the show tomorrow?  Have you made something epic for it?

Kevroy – adorable!  Your little sister has quite the talent for drawing!

• Yeah, I did go to the LA show! It was fabulous, they did Les Mis! I have always wanted to see that live and I thought I never would!

Sadly, I totally slacked off and didn't make anything... but I have some plans for the next one.

•  

Alrighty. Here are a few things that I’ve done:

This is from my sketchbook, and I think it was the first piece of OK Go art that I ever did . 

http://img576.imageshack.us/img576/3932/okgo.jpg

I've never been too overly talented with sculpey clay (and I hate painting miniature things) but I think these turned out better than I had expected. They're just under three inches tall.

http://img25.imageshack.us/img25/9479/sculpeyokgo.jpg

My Tim shirt. I want to do one with the entire band, but I haven't found the time.

http://img59.imageshack.us/img59/4678/timshirtone.jpg

I love the original picture that I used as reference for the next one here. Therefore, there's a few things that really irk me in this drawing because I didn't get them right (Arghhh, I need to stop being such a perfectionist!) Anyways, I 've decided not to draw anything involving fur again for a while. Drawing fur takes a loooong time.

http://img16.imageshack.us/img16/938/nordwind.jpg

I have more things kicking around. I'll post them later perhaps.

• Holy shit.  Damn Kevroy.  You are hella talented.  I love that Tim shirt especially, but the pencil drawing?  AMAZING.  You got his face dead on.
  • Kevroy, LOVE the pencil drawing! The shirt is great too, what kind of paint did you use?
  • Kevroy, WOWOWOWOWOWWW! You're so talented and in different mediums!
  • Kevroy! You're so amazingly talented! I'm so jealous!!!

I can't put my dumb guitar on here after seeing what you've produced. Just WOW!

WOW!

• WOW!!!! Kevroy!!! You're an artistic genius!!  I love your little Ok Go sculptures and I totally fell in love with your pencil drawing! A M A Z I N G

You should definitely put your fur guitar on here, Debbie!! It's a unique masterpiece ;)

• Sorry for double post…. ^^

I uploaded my "Last Leaf"-music video and I simply don't know where I could post it on here…

It isn't really a "Fan Art"… Well, it's a self-made music video for "Last Leaf" with me singing in the background.

I know I can't sing…I just love singing even if I'm not good at it. I just want to know what you think about it :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v.....pw8WnbvxKI
  • Bridget, the 12 year old from Tampa who got to play the tambourine on stage with the boys during Back From Kathmandu, made them a thank-you card.

It's on facebook, so I'm not sure if you have to be logged on to view the album. Anyway, click here.

She even drew Kermit and Damian.