In this Discussion

I have a question about Andy.

edited November -1 in OK Go
Hi. I’m a long time Ok Go fan, but over the last few years, I haven’t been listening to them as much as I use to, but recently, I’m started to listen to them more and I started listening to Andy’s band, Secret Dakota Ring. I’m falling in love with his music and I find the entire story about how the first album is about him and his girlfriend breaking up and how the second album is about him winning her back so cute. I was just wondering, are they still together? smile.gif

Comments

• 25 views and no replies? lol.

I guess I should of added that I'm not asking this question to be a stalker or anything. I just thought the story was cute and wanted to see what ever happened.

I heard they broke up, though, (so sad!) so I guess I got my answer.
  • i think people here tend to shy away from discussing the personal lives of the members. the forum is a great way to congregate and share information - but if the boys thought it was jsut a way for anonymous strangers to speculate on their relationship status and so on, i think they'd shut it down.
  • people here tend to shy away from discussing the personal lives of the members. the forum is a great way to congregate and share information - but if the boys thought it was jsut a way for anonymous strangers to speculate on their relationship status and so on, i think they'd shut it down.
  • Oh, I see. I didn't ask it to be like, weird or anything. I had watched a video last night of him doing this interview for Google and he was talking about his girlfriend (but referred to her as his ex girlfriend) and I was just wondering. I just saw though that I guess he is engaged? That's so great.

I don't want people to think I was weird or a stalker or something. I was just asking out of curiousity! Thank you for letting me know!
  • i don't think anyone would think you were weird/stalker...i think it's pretty normal to wonder about the people who's music/films/art means something to us...

i was just trying to let you know why even with 25 views no one had responded.

anyways - i agree secret dakota ring = a big pile of yay!
  • Thank you for letting me know. smile.gif

I love Secret Dakota Ring. I wish I would have know about them sooner!
  • QUOTE (xjkfz @ Mar 15 2010, 12:55 AM)
    i think people here tend to shy away from discussing the personal lives of the members. the forum is a great way to congregate and share information - but if the boys thought it was jsut a way for anonymous strangers to speculate on their relationship status and so on, i think they'd shut it down.

This is correct. We do shy away from discussing the guys' relationships on the forum, with very few exceptions (ie, when Dan got married we had a brief round of "Congratulations Dan and Mrs. Dan"). However, since Andy hasn't made a very big deal about hiding it, I don't think it's a problem to say that he's engaged to the girlfriend in question. They're a very sweet couple and I wish them all the happiness in the world!

PS: I'll also bet that the reason you didn't get an answer is that it probably wasn't any of us looking. People can view the topic and have the views counted without actually being regular posters. There are a Lot of lurkers on this board (hi guys, and Mrs. Kulash). And I certainly didn't think you were a stalker for asking the question. We've all asked at one point or another about the guys' girlfriends/wives.