In this Discussion

Migrating the Message Boards

edited November -1 in OK Go
Hi Boardies,

I am writing to let you know that the day is (maybe, hopefully) finally here. We will be migrating our message board over to the new website and away from these EMI hosted boards at long last. Most of you have been here much longer than I have, so I don't need to tell you the importance of getting this done quickly, cleanly, and correctly.

The process should be very simple. Two things to know/do:
1. The one vital piece of information you need to know is:
what email address is associated with your account on this message board.

2. Then, if you haven't already, simply create an account on the okgo.net site (Facebook Connect is just fine)
http://www.okgo.net/wp-login.php?action=register

That's it.

Then once we flip the boards, we will use the email address you had on this board to link your new account to your old account. Meaning all your old information, posts, etc will carry over. Simple, right?

We hope to activate the new boards sometime late tonight (sun mar 21) so be sure to check the "Message Board" link on the main menu of okgo.net. When the new boards are activated, that link will go to the new boards.

Makes sense?

-mike

Comments

• Just a little question in advance before the big switch, if we should have problems getting onto the new discussion board once it is up, what will be the best way to contact someone for support? Should we contact info@okgo.net or someone else?
  • I'm scared a little.
  • Apparently, I can't be YoDoofball! with an exclamation point anymore. Bummer.

And yeah, I'm a little nervous, too.
  • QUOTE (mayonaise @ Mar 21 2010, 04:05 PM)
    I'm scared a little.

Me too. Although I feel a little unreasonable for being scared.
  • AWWW! Bye bye paisley motif....the last remnant of the OH NO era...

Onwards and upwards, right?

My husband mentioned reading something about EMI going belly up, hemorrhaging cash...anyone know more?
  • I'm gonna miss this paisley board.
  • aww, this feels kind of sad in a way : (
    I will also miss the paisley-ness and everything
  • I haven't been here very long, but I will miss this sad.gif

but I agree,

Onward & Upward, Paracadute!
  • I'm definitely going to miss these boards, but I'm kinda getting excited! As, Sam said, onward & upward, PARACADUTE!! Eeeee!
  • Yay!! New board! It'll take some getting used to, but it looks lovely! Good job, ARoss and gang! :D

And look! I got my exclamation point back! 

• YoDoofball! said:

Yay!! New board! It'll get some getting used to, but it looks lovely! Good job, ARoss and gang! :D

And look! I got my exclamation point back! 

It's a bit weird, but hey, I can quote! (I could not before ... not really anyway) :D 

Laugh

It is totally different but I'm sure it'll feel normal in a bit.

• pretty, definitely gonna take some getting use to though…

ahhhh... i'm back at 1 post :(

• Hey for all the old boardies, read this so you can get your old stuff back -- http://okgo.forumsunlimited.com/index.php?showtopic=4308&pid=181540&st=0&#entry181540
  • thanks for that doofball, i hadn't seen that post... *crosses fingers* hope this works...
  • this is a fun new look, with lots of new toys!
  • It's shiny!
  • Well, that was relativley painless.

Now to figure everything out…

I just noticed that the board statuses didn't transfer over. I just got to "President of The United Boards of OK Go". Oh well :(

• It's so airy over here now!

I woke up this morning just to make sure everything happened okay Smile 

• beckysioux said:

Well, that was relativley painless.

Now to figure everything out…

I just noticed that the board statuses didn't transfer over. I just got to "President of The United Boards of OK Go". Oh well :(

I miss the statuses too. They were fun.  I wonder if Mr. Jorge is still whom I adore?

• Awww, no more automatically adoring Jorge?  And what about utilizing things?  Can we still utilize things?  Or spell Damien?  What about Andy Ross?

Yeah, I missed the memo from the other boards too (just saw all your tweets and other messages about the new board), but it wouldn't let me log in at all so I panicked and emailed Mike and Jorge.  WTG, Rachel.  Then I went over to the old board just to see if it was still there and saw the ALL CAPS memo from ARoss, and now it's alright.  I'm just embarrassed for sending those emails.  Sigh.

Onwards and Upwards, Paracadute!