In this Discussion

Migrating the Message Boards

Comments

• aw Rache you're so cute.  freakin out about the boards hahaha.  Relax :)
  • beckysioux said:

Well, that was relativley painless.

Now to figure everything out…

I just noticed that the board statuses didn't transfer over. I just got to "President of The United Boards of OK Go". Oh well :(

noooooooo! i had made it to 'old school!'

i have nothing left to live for.

• It's gonna take some getting used to for sure, but I think I like the new boards. I completely forgot to be on the lookout for a move, and I was mildly shocked upon seeing the words "BOARDS CLOSED." Frown But then I realized what was going on and was fairly excited, if a little scared.

• Hey people that have profile pics, did you put them up again or did they automatically show up when you linked to your old account?
  • YoDoofball! said:Hey people that have profile pics, did you put them up again or did they automatically show up when you linked to your old account?

I had to redo mine.  But it's all good :)

• I had a picture yesterday, because the boards were taking it from Gravatar.com, but it's gone today and I'm not sure why.  No big deal though, I'll just add one.

• ummmm something completely random happened...

my account got linked to Felsters username and Felsters account vanished... we're not sure where it is but when i try and sign in, it named me as Agentloser and had no posts... so yeah... i dont know whats going on here...

also... i have to do maths to post ? :(

i like the colours thoughhh Kiss and these smiles are off the shizz!

• The e-mail address I always use for all Ok Go things won't let me migrate. It says "Could not find user with email ______@yahoo.com! Try again" 

(I didn't want to post my e-mail in this post because it'd be public.) But anyway, should I e-mail someone about this? Guess I should. Has anyone else had this problem?

• Tempe Arizona said:

The e-mail address I always use for all Ok Go things won't let me migrate. It says "Could not find user with email ______@yahoo.com! Try again" 

(I didn't want to post my e-mail in this post because it'd be public.) But anyway, should I e-mail someone about this? Guess I should. Has anyone else had this problem?

Not precluding that there is genuinely a problem here, but on the off-chance you're entering the wrong email address, did you know you can still log into the user CP and check what address the account is linked to?

• Thanks, Will! That took care of the problem.
  • Will said:
    Tempe Arizona said:

The e-mail address I always use for all Ok Go things won't let me migrate. It says "Could not find user with email ______@yahoo.com! Try again" 

Not precluding that there is genuinely a problem here, but on the off-chance you're entering the wrong email address, did you know you can still log into the user CP and check what address the account is linked to?

Will, you have been quite the help to a lot of us during this - thanks so much!

• Will has been a tremendous help! Will is AWESOME!!

• Hey there, for anyone who's reading this thread in the future :

As of this week, we're removing the board migration stuff. This means that if you've been on a really long vacation and never migrated your account from the old board, you will now have to sign up for a new account. Luckily, as you already know, the kids here are really friendly; we're sure they will welcome you back with open arms! The reason for this change is simply that everyone already migrated -- nobody has used this tool for a few months, so we're killing it. 

Thanks,

josh 

(mysterious occasional okgo web operative) Cool

• Hey Josh,

I lost my post count and I'm a new member again.  Any way to fix this?  If not, it's okay, of course.
  • Hey! I'm "new" too! Laugh
  • Am I new too? Just posting to check.

EDIT: I guess not! How weird!
  • Think im Ok but then im pretty new anywayLaugh
  • So is this the new location then? Doesn't look any different to me... just had to get my password reset because it wasn't signing me in from Facebook anymore. Cool
  • Checkin' out the new digs... Cool
  • Hey Josh, I got your PM, and I'm trying to reply.  The interface, unfortunately, is a complete mess and I can't see what I'm doing.  Everything's all over the place.  I was barely even able to read your original PM (don't worry, I got a screen shot for you too so you can diagnose the code issues).

Can you send me an email?  My addy is RachelSchain at gmail.