In this Discussion

Few Great OKGO articles

Comments

• Neil Gaiman just tweeted a link to Dami's NYT op-ed. My heart went a bit warm and fuzzy smile.gif
  • I'm not sure exactly where to put this, but this seems like a good place smile.gif

Well, anyways, I was in Illinois this weekend for my Wind Ensemble. We had to play at a convention. And we had a little bit of free time and a few of us went and ate then looked at some record stores. And outside one of them was a rack with some papers on it and I saw a stack of THESE and Had to grab one!!

It was awesome! Totally made my day
  • Q&A with Damian from the Chicago Tribune. OK Go goes independent.

And the next vid is... We're going to attempt to do a single take that actually takes 24 hours. It's not all the same speed, so it goes from extreme high-speed photography to very time-lapsed, all in one take, for the song "End Love."

Yay!
  • QUOTE (beckysioux @ Mar 16 2010, 11:17 AM)
    And the next vid is... We're going to attempt to do a single take that actually takes 24 hours. It's not all the same speed, so it goes from extreme high-speed photography to very time-lapsed, all in one take, for the song "End Love."

AWESOME AWESOME AWESOME. I like how he says they're going to "attempt" to do it lol.
  • Hahaha, I was just coming here to post this article! Here's my favorite quote:

Kulash, thoughtful and talkative, elaborated on striking out on their own, how there aren't really hard feelings toward EMI and why he doesn't worry about being perceived as a video band. He ended our first phone call by saying, "Can you make me not sound like the pretentious pontificating (person) I was being at the beginning there?" He would later arrange a second call to talk some more.
  • QUOTE (Rebekker @ Feb 28 2010, 03:29 PM)
    I'm not sure exactly where to put this, but this seems like a good place smile.gif

Well, anyways, I was in Illinois this weekend for my Wind Ensemble. We had to play at a convention. And we had a little bit of free time and a few of us went and ate then looked at some record stores. And outside one of them was a rack with some papers on it and I saw a stack of THESE and Had to grab one!!

It was awesome! Totally made my day

Oooo, Rebekker, thanks for sharing that! What a great way to top off some record shopping. tongue.gif
  • QUOTE (DJRose @ Mar 16 2010, 10:37 AM)
    Hahaha, I was just coming here to post this article! Here's my favorite quote:

Kulash, thoughtful and talkative, elaborated on striking out on their own, how there aren't really hard feelings toward EMI and why he doesn't worry about being perceived as a video band. He ended our first phone call by saying, "Can you make me not sound like the pretentious pontificating (person) I was being at the beginning there?" He would later arrange a second call to talk some more.

I ♥ his use of alliteration, even if the third word was probably not "person". I bet the third word was asshole or something similar.
  • QUOTE (beckysioux @ Mar 16 2010, 10:17 AM)

Yay!

I love new information, so exciting! Thanks Becky!
  • QUOTE (ihave7stars @ Feb 23 2010, 12:09 PM)
    From the March 2010 issue of Spin magazine, a 2-page photo of Damian and his dogs in his living room:

Page 1
    Page 2

CAN SOMEBODY BUY ME THIS MAGAZINE PLEASE??? Because that picture of Dami might make me melt, it's so cute.
  • QUOTE (jedi_grrlie @ Mar 17 2010, 05:07 AM)
    CAN SOMEBODY BUY ME THIS MAGAZINE PLEASE??? Because that picture of Dami might make me melt, it's so cute.

Somebody is obviously me. I'll try to run out to the store and pick it up tonight. smile.gif

This blog made me super happy if for no other reason than this:

So on that note, I have one more question to ask. If you had all 50 million of your YouTube viewers at your service to do your bidding, what would you get them to do?

“Oh man, would I make on hell of a video. Can you imagine? Everyone would have coloured suits and we could choreograph it and shoot it from outerspace…”

I'm so there, but I want a blue suit.
  • QUOTE (DJRose @ Mar 17 2010, 01:06 PM)
    I'm so there, but I want a blue suit.

Dibs on lavender!
  • I love how they address the fact that Damian took 12 minutes to answer the first question of a 15 minute interview. He's such a chatty Kathy. hahaha
  • QUOTE (samanferr @ Mar 17 2010, 01:33 PM)
    I love how they address the fact that Damian took 12 minutes to answer the first question of a 15 minute interview. He's such a chatty Kathy. hahaha

I enjoyed that too. It was a pretty well written interview and I'm so glad she got to ask her clever question.
  • QUOTE (Sunnyside1334 @ Mar 17 2010, 07:25 AM)
    I enjoyed that too. It was a pretty well written interview and I'm so glad she got to ask her clever question.

Ooo! can I have the shiny silver lame suit?
  • QUOTE (DJRose @ Mar 17 2010, 07:06 AM)
    Somebody is obviously me. I'll try to run out to the store and pick it up tonight. smile.gif

OH MAN I MEAN LADY, I LOVE YOU biggrin.gif
  • samanferr said:

Not sure if this was posted yet somewhere else but:

http://www.billboard.com/features/ok-go-the-billboard-cover-story-1004078654.story#/features/ok-go-the-billboard-cover-story-1004078654.story

What's up cover story. :)

WAIT I WANT A COPY OF THIS TOO. DDDDDD:

• DJRose said:Hahaha, I was just coming here to post this article! Here's my favorite quote:

Polysyllablic words are teh sex. I'm just sayin'.  Embarassed

• DJRose said:Hahaha, I was just coming here to post this article! Here's my favorite quote:

Polysyllablic words are teh sex. I'm just sayin'.  Embarassed