In this Discussion

Please report new message board bugs and annoyances here

Comments

• for some reason, maybe it's my fault, I'm back at 1 post.  I converted my stuff from the old account but I'm thinking it's because I'm using it through facebook. 

But whatev, I'm now samanferr with an !

• When you're on the 'Store' page of the website (okgo.net/store) and then you go to the 'Community' tab and click 'Message Board', it directs you to the old forums (okgo.emiforums.com) instead of these ones.

It directs you here from all of the other pages on the site, but not the 'Store' page.

• Nova said:

When you're on the 'Store' page of the website (okgo.net/store) and then you go to the 'Community' tab and click 'Message Board', it directs you to the old forums (okgo.emiforums.com) instead of these ones.

It directs you here from all of the other pages on the site, but not the 'Store' page.

Just came here to point this out. I was staring at the OK Go Tiger shirt, pondering buying a new one and noticed that bug.

Good catch Nova.

• Yay! The board is much better. Thanks for making the adjustments, aross!

Now if only I could logout of the board without logging out of my Facebook account...

• Byron Green III said:
    Nova said:

When you're on the 'Store' page of the website (okgo.net/store) and then you go to the 'Community' tab and click 'Message Board', it directs you to the old forums (okgo.emiforums.com) instead of these ones.

Just came here to point this out. I was staring at the OK Go Tiger shirt, pondering buying a new one and noticed that bug.

Good catch Nova.

Haha, Me too!

• Byron Green III said:

Heh, I was doing the exact same thing.

• Loving the changes. It is starting to be comfy here.
  • Facebook User said:Loving the changes. It is starting to be comfy here.

I posted that. I don't know how I got logged in as Facebook User instead of Sunnyside.

• Facebook User said:Loving the changes. It is starting to be comfy here.

Indeed! Thank you aross for listening to our input and making all these lovely little fixes. This board will only get better and better.

• Mr. Aross, is there a way you can bring back who's having upcoming birthdays? Unless there is that feature and I'm looking in the wrong place. Or is this something about our profile that we have to adjust?

• Is there a way for us to be notified when we get a PM? Sometimes I tend to check the boards without logging in, so I will be unaware that there is a PM waiting for me. Just wondering.

• Tempe Arizona said:

Mr. Aross, is there a way you can bring back who's having upcoming birthdays? Unless there is that feature and I'm looking in the wrong place. Or is this something about our profile that we have to adjust?

yeah that'd be nice, i also liked the little bit that told you who just signed up on the forum

• Andy/Jorge/Mike/fellow Boardie techs -

Would it be possible for me to try again with my email address used at the old boards? The system here is constantly rejecting my user name and is not recognizing my 700+ posts (a.k.a., non-newbie status). If it is easier, wipe out the entirety of "toiletdog" on these boards and I will re-register with the old email address (the one I now have the password to).

Much appreciated!

• did you go on the old board and do this?

if you did then...i guess you're stuck with what you're doing now...it should work though, hope it does

• squashedbanana said:

did you go on the old board and do this?

if you did then...i guess you're stuck with what you're doing now...it should work though, hope it does

Sure did. At the time I didn't have the password for my old account; now that I have found it, toiletdog on this board needs eradicated so I can start over. : )

• toiletdog said:
    squashedbanana said:

Sure did. At the time I didn't have the password for my old account; now that I have found it, toiletdog on this board needs eradicated so I can start over. : )

Nuh-uh. I'm pretty sure if you do it now it will merge all your old posts into the account you're posting from now. In fact you have to be registered here under the name you want to keep before you do the merge. Feel free to correct me if I've got that totally wrong, but I don't think you can break anything by trying.

• I tried uploading an avatar but I kept getting "is in invalid email address" or that the file was already there. I'm thinking it has something to do with my facebook email address being different than my old board account.
  • what am I doing wrong? In several threads, the last few words of boardie sentences are getting cut off for me.

• Will said:
    toiletdog said:
    squashedbanana said:

Nuh-uh. I'm pretty sure if you do it now it will merge all your old posts into the account you're posting from now. In fact you have to be registered here under the name you want to keep before you do the merge. Feel free to correct me if I've got that totally wrong, but I don't think you can break anything by trying.

Nope! Nada. I am already registered here as Toiletdog, ergo, it will not allow me to re-register, even if my old user name was the same but connected with a different address. Shame. :(

• toiletdog said:

Nope! Nada. I am already registered here as Toiletdog, ergo, it will not allow me to re-register, even if my old user name was the same but connected with a different address. Shame. :(

Same thing happened to me but I had so few posts compared to you T-dog. Sorry.