In this Discussion

Indianapolis 21 April 2010

edited November -1 in OK Go

Just got back from the show at the Earth House, a converted/repurposed old church in downtown Indianapolis. t-dog and beckysioux were there too, plus a whole lot of other OK Go fans.

I'm so glad I went! Tonight was the first night they sold Of the Blue Colour of the Sky under their ownership – via the USB drive that also includes the entire concert plus plenty of other goodies. Ah! Such a great idea. I'm excited to be one of the first people to have one of these!

I'm way too tired to be articulate – I hope to have more to say later. Yet another great OK Go experience.

If anyone else was also there, please feel free to post! I'm talking to you, people who I met tonight and encouraged to join us. Hope to hear from you. Yay!!

Comments

• I can't wait top hear all about it!
  • sureeyesawake said:

Just got back from the show at the Earth House, a converted/repurposed old church in downtown Indianapolis. t-dog and beckysioux were there too, plus a whole lot of other OK Go fans.

I'm so glad I went! Tonight was the first night they sold Of the Blue Colour of the Sky under their ownership – via the USB drive that also includes the entire concert plus plenty of other goodies. Ah! Such a great idea. I'm excited to be one of the first people to have one of these!

I'm way too tired to be articulate – I hope to have more to say later. Yet another great OK Go experience.

If anyone else was also there, please feel free to post! I'm talking to you, people who I met tonight and encouraged to join us. Hope to hear from you. Yay!!

Who's has the setlist of the show?

• Yes, get the USB from the live show you go to even if you already have OTBCOTS. So, so, so worth it.

I'm still listening to the live tracks from last night. Um, you can hear me and toiletdog during IWYSBICB yelling "in outerspace". So awesome. And, yes, good show last night, even though it felt like it went by way too fast. So sad it's my last one for a while.

The boys are getting better and better with each show.

Will eventually have vids and pics up.

• I went to this show. It was my first OK Go concert, and I think it was freaking amazing. It was just so neat that it was held in a church. I loved it. I think my favorite part was the chanting before WTF?. When the chanting didn't work, people resorted to singing This Too Shall Pass, which was awesome. All the confetti and the light up jackets and the fun things just made it so perfect.

After the show I got the USB drive, and then when I went outside, the guys were signing things and taking pictures. I just stood there in awe for a second. They were right by the exit, by the tour bus, just chilling and signing things. At the first concert I had been to, the members just hid. After this show, I didn't even have to look to find the band. They were right in front of me. It was so unreal. I got my ticket signed by all of them. Just... wow.

(It was so wonderful I joined the boards just to say that it was awesome. Hi people!)

• I think that's one of the keys to their ability to have a super loyal fanbase - their willingness to talk and hang out with us is pretty damn endearing.
  • beckysioux said:

Yes, get the USB from the live show you go to even if you already have OTBCOTS. So, so, so worth it.

I'm still listening to the live tracks from last night. Um, you can hear me and toiletdog during IWYSBICB yelling "in outerspace". So awesome. And, yes, good show last night, even though it felt like it went by way too fast. So sad it's my last one for a while.

The boys are getting better and better with each show.

Will eventually have vids and pics up.

How much are the USBs?

Ooooh, if you can find a way to post that somewhere you should. I wonder if Tim remembered that you were going to do that. 

• What bullshituous said. For them to take the time to chat and take pictures and sign things, it's just so very nice. They don't have to, but they do.

Hannah, the USBs are $20. And worth every penny. I forgot to ask if they heard us last night. I'm pretty sure Damian did as he smiled after we yelled it. And well, you can hear us on the live recording.

My pics are up from the show, you can see them by clicking the pic:

To see the vids, click the song titles:

Invincible

Needing/Getting

White Knuckles

What To Do

Last Leaf

Don't Ask Me

Get Over It

LED Jackets

WTF?

And like the Boardie Meet-Up, I'm hoping to have a full-recap of the show and not just vids and pics posted this weekend. Hopefully, maybe.

• Becky, I just subscribed to your channel. I figured that was the easiest way of watching ALL your OK Go vids! =D
  • Becky, I just subscribed to your channel. I figured that was the easiest way of watching ALL your OK Go vids! =D
  • beckysioux said:

Hannah, the USBs are $20. And worth every penny. I forgot to ask if they heard us last night. I'm pretty sure Damian did as he smiled after we yelled it. And well, you can hear us on the live recording.

I definitely want one. I'm so sad they didn't have them at my shows. 

• Me, me, I was there. Wasn't aware anyone there were boardies.

My mehtacular pics are here:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/jezebelseven/collections/72157603653149781/

My husband was estatic they played needing/getting as it's his favorite.

And that's about all I have to contribute this time.

• Great shots, Jezebel!
  • My mehtacular pics are here:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/j.....653149781/

Nice! I love the shot of Andy with handbells! 

• beckysioux said:

To see the vids, click the song titles:

Invincible

Needing/Getting

White Knuckles

What To Do

Last Leaf

Don't Ask Me

Get Over It

LED Jackets

WTF?

I watched every one.Laugh Thanks for posting!

And Jezebel, great pics! That black & white shot of Tim with the colored suit is superb.

• Haha, thanks! I was goofing around on flickr and my husband was like "You should just color his suit",  I'm not the type to really retouch photos much (lazy!), but played with the filter just to see the results, and thought it was kinda fun!

edit: argh stop signing me into the forum via facebook! :(

• I thought I was going to get to a write-up sometime soon, but obviously I haven't.

Instead, I give you this:

OLISQ from the stage! #fb #okgoApr212010 on Twitpic

That would be a pic Damian took of the audience with my phone during OLISQ. Oh yes, Damian rocks! And I am one very, very lucky girl.

If you click the pic, it'll take you to a bigger version.

• Isn't that such an exciting moment, when Damian takes your phone from you to take a photo?  I lost my cool for a minute and became a dorky 4-year-old again.
  • DJRose said:Isn't that such an exciting moment, when Damian takes your phone from you to take a photo?  I lost my cool for a minute and became a dorky 4-year-old again.

Yes. Yes it is. Though your iPhone took a much better pic than my phone did. C'est la vie. Maybe I'll get lucky again.