In this Discussion

Please report new message board bugs and annoyances here

Comments

• Hey Andy, I wanted to create a consolidated list of all the people having account merger problems, so please check here for that info:

http://www.okgo.net/community/message-board/ok-go/those-having-account-merger-problems/#p1787061

• Dearest mr. aross, 

Is it possible to have a mobile version of the site? It's really hard acessing this place on my tiny blackberry, and no, I won't switch to iPhone you apple people you....

Pleeeeeaaaassssseeeeeee  Wink

• Speaking of iPhone, I'm able to log on to this site via my iPod Touch, but I'm not able to post. Is that just me, or do others with iPhones and iPods have the same problem?
  • I can view the board on my iPhone but can't seem to log in. But that may just be me being dumb and not the website.

• I can both see and log in into the boards, but it requires me to load it like a gazilion times until it works, and ok go logo on the left side keeps on the way from everything... This page is really heavy for my blackberry, don't know about iPhones iPods and such. 
  • Hi Andy, I was wondering if you could make certain threads stick to the top of the page like 'Reminder on Board Etiquette', it'd help everyone, especially new members of the board.

It's been on my mind for a while, and possibly for a few other boardies as well.

• Since I like to complain, I figured I'd come here and complain about something.

I can log onto the website through my phone, but I can't post. I can click on the post reply button, but nothing happens. If it makes any difference, I have an LG enV2 with Verizon.

Or is it just not possible to post to the boards with something other than a compy/lappy?

• It appears that only some of my posts are able to be edited. Why would one post allow editing and another not have the option, when they are both mine and I am signed in? Is there a reason (a limit to number of edits, or something) for this? Is it a bug? Is it the answer to the very question of existence, cleverly disguised as the seeming randomness of an infinite universe?

(Alternatively, maybe I'm being punished for absentmindedly entering an incorrect sum in the Math Required box? Wink)

• ChristelAdina said:

It appears that only some of my posts are able to be edited. Why would one post allow editing and another not have the option, when they are both mine and I am signed in? Is there a reason (a limit to number of edits, or something) for this? Is it a bug? Is it the answer to the very question of existence, cleverly disguised as the seeming randomness of an infinite universe?

(Alternatively, maybe I'm being punished for absentmindedly entering an incorrect sum in the Math Required box? Wink)

You're not being punished. You can edit your post until someone replies to the thread. So, right now, you can't edit your post, but I can edit mine in this thread. That is, until someone posts a new reply in this thread.

I especially hate this feature when I go back and find a glaringly horrible spelling or grammatical error in one of my posts.

• Ah, I see. Thanks for letting me know. Because I am now aware that this is the case, I will warn everyone that I make a  large number of glaring mistakes and typos. A percentage, in fact, that you would think to be proportionally impossible, and yet...

It's even more embarrassing, if you know what I do for a living. Embarassed

• I'm being taken to the old board when I try to access this forum from the main page or the menu bar. Did all the excitement over End Love cause a crash?
  • IS anyone else getting (multiple) Invalid parameter messages when they are accessing their inbox or profile?
  • beckysioux said:Speaking of iPhone, I'm able to log on to this site via my iPod Touch, but I'm not able to post. Is that just me, or do others with iPhones and iPods have the same problem?

Somehow, for the first time, I'm logged in on my iPhone(!) and I can post a reply but through HTML only. I don't know the codes but I decided to test this out anyway. Here it goes.
  • Snack_Cakes said:
    beckysioux said:Speaking of iPhone, I'm able to log on to this site via my iPod Touch, but I'm not able to post. Is that just me, or do others with iPhones and iPods have the same problem?

Somehow, for the first time, I'm logged in on my iPhone(!) and I can post a reply but through HTML only. I don't know the codes but I decided to test this out anyway. Here it goes.

I just tried to reply with the HTML button. Didn't work for me.

However, when I logged in on the iPod, it brought me back to this page instead of the WordPress page like it does when I log in via PC. Weird.

• beckysioux said:
    Snack_Cakes said:
    beckysioux said:Speaking of iPhone, I'm able to log on to this site via my iPod Touch, but I'm not able to post. Is that just me, or do others with iPhones and iPods have the same problem?

I just tried to reply with the HTML button. Didn't work for me.

However, when I logged in on the iPod, it brought me back to this page instead of the WordPress page like it does when I log in via PC. Weird.

Shortly after I posted on my iPhone I got booted from the site.  Then I couldn't log back on again.  I'm totally clueless regarding this whole situation. 

• Hi,

Love the site but wanted to report a couple of bugettes from the "Store" page:

1. When on the Store page, the Community \ Message Board link is for http://okgo.emiforums.com/, not the current Message Board

2. At the bottom of the Store page, amongst the "Select your country" flags, the UK-Amazon flag link gives a 404 - Document Not Found error

3. A really minor thing (I'm embarrased to mention it Embarassed).  I'm not sure where the UK flags came from, but they aren't quite right: the thin red diagonal lines running from top left to bottom right are on the wrong sides of the white diagonal.  The Real Thing can be found here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Union_flag.  As I say, really minor, but thought I might as well mention it as I'm posting Smile

Thanks!

• Oooooh you know, I always thought the UK flag looked odd on here
  • Will said:

I think the new board is lovely except for that background. With all the complexities to the layout it just doesn't work to have everything floating on those (albeit pretty) lines. Can't you put some boxes and/or white backgrounds on, like you have with the store (which also has complexities to the layout)? Also you need to take a look at this "new post" page; there's a bunch of white text on grey…

Also, I just noticed I'm getting a little wrench icon next to each topic in the list of topics, which lets me edit the thread title. Pretty sure I shouldn't be able to do that! (not that I would ;))

I totaly agee with this one. The text is hard to read. The admin should put white background box. Since the background now is so much colorful. I believe it will hurt forum reader eyes..

• So in addition to opening annoying multiple windows instead of just loading the pages in the original window when trying to navigate from the main page to the various points of the site (which I've gotten used to now, though it's still annoying), there seems to be an issue with the Math Required (again) since the site was updated.

I mentioned it a couple of times before, and then it wasn't seeming to happen for a while so I assumed it was fixed. However, twice in the last 24 hours, I have posted something and entered my sum only to be told my math was wrong and then I've not been able to retrieve the post and/or refresh to get a new math problem without needing to start all over. I assure you that 10 + 10 is equal to 20. Additionally, I am sure that is what I entered before clicking save on the last disappearing post.

So my theory is: there's a time limit, or perhaps a text length limit (since no one else is complaining about this! Embarassed), that causes the Math Required function to reset but not to refresh onscreen. 

The first time this happened to me, a few weeks ago, I was able to recover the posts and refresh for a new sum (once it took three tries, which has nothing to do with my ability to add, or with my propensity for the odd typo, it was just insisting the math was wrong multiple times). However, this round, I lost 2 posts completely. I have taken to writing posts elsewhere, and cutting-and-pasting them here, but that's ridiculous and time-consuming (even if it beats trying to reconstruct and retype them. I have a physical issue you know. It affects my motor skills, my ability to type and my speed. It also irritates/injures me in more ways than one to have to re-type things :P ).

So. Is there a time/length limit? If so, can it go away? Or is there a math problem? If so, can you please solve it?

• Thanks for bumping, Christel, tho I'm sorry you are having issues! I always copy on my clipboard the post, just in case there is an issue, and that seems to help - I still type on the field, then copy, because I'm not involving another word program somewhere.

Anyway, anyone having issues changing there signiture image? Been trying to trade out my OK Ghosts for a version thats smaller and less obnoxoius. The page just sits there and thinks about it for a very long time, but doesn't save it.