In this Discussion

Few Great OKGO articles

Comments

• Aww, I like that!!!
  • I'm sorry, but that online article was horrible. Interviewers really need to do at least some kind of research on the people they're talking to. It'd be different if OK Go's departure from Capital/EMI was like that day, but it happened back in March.

I just really don't like it when "interviewers" can talk with bands/actors/athletes and have no idea who it is they're interviewing. It's just plain rude, not only to the interviewee, but also to their fans. 

Anyway, the vid is pretty cool. It's great news to hear that Trish is back to choreograph something again.

Bummer, math equaled 22. So close.

• Amber - I loved those videos from The Netherlands!  They gave us all kinds of new tidbits. 

Jade, good find on that Youtube vid.  That blogger's interview was all kinds of stupid though.  He was trying to sound all smart and superior to the band, suggesting that they weren't overly principled, but clearly he didn't do any homework before the interview (or any proofreading afterwards).  What a judgemental prick.

• Here are two podcasts (sorry if this is the wrong thread) from April. I checked to see if they've already been posted but couldn't find them.

The Nerdist  -  This is awesome. I love interviews done at Damian's house (even if it's only audio). Yay Bunny and Dora (Woof)! And the Bleep Machine even makes a special appearance (did you know they can be purchased online?)! Plus Tim shares another of his amazing talents.

Adam Carolla Podcast  - Not as good. Adam does most of the talking but there's some interesting info on Damian's high school years.

• Snack_Cakes said:

The Nerdist  -  This is awesome. I love interviews done at Damian's house (even if it's only audio). Yay Bunny and Dora (Woof)! And the Bleep Machine even makes a special appearance (did you know they can be purchased online?)! Plus Tim shares another of his amazing talents.

That one is AWESOME!!

I love the intro, its like (using a word of Kulash) "BLAMO! - heres some ear-rape"

Earlier my mum came in and it was the part when they were having a rant about sex....yeah totally the best part for your parents to come into the room at. No worries though, she asked what on earth I was listening to but I just laughed and didn't answer...she walked away :D

• Since I've basically spammed the board and I need to be well rested for my exam tomorrow this may be the last thing I post on the board today (unless I find something else).

Remember the video performances from The Daily Habit? (WTF and White Knuckles)

And that we couldn't find the interview that went along with it?

Well...BLAMO!

(P.S. Being in fangirl mode really helps me find cool stuff...nevermind the tea haha)

• squashedbanana said:

Since I've basically spammed the board and I need to be well rested for my exam tomorrow this may be the last thing I post on the board today (unless I find something else).

Remember the video performances from The Daily Habit? (WTF and White Knuckles)

And that we couldn't find the interview that went along with it?

Well...BLAMO!

(P.S. Being in fangirl mode really helps me find cool stuff...nevermind the tea haha)

Girlfriend, after your last three posts, if this is the type of gold you come up with while studying for an exam, I want to give you an exam everyday.

(For some reason, since moving, I've begun to talk like Oprah.)

• I've been looking for that interveiew for ages now hahahaha

Thanks!

• OHHH I'm so glad you found that!  Good job.  I love their old band names.
  • I just found this article about "End Love" debuting at Bonnaroo.  I peeked around and it doesn't look like anyone has posted the link already - but if I missed it and someone has already posted this link, sorry!

http://hangout.altsounds.com/news/118885-ok-gos-new-clip-end-love-will-be-the-first-video-ever-to-premiere-at-bonnaroo.html

I haven't even read the article yet, I'm so excited to post it here! :)

• autumnraina said:

I just found this article about "End Love" debuting at Bonnaroo.  I peeked around and it doesn't look like anyone has posted the link already - but if I missed it and someone has already posted this link, sorry!

http://hangout.altsounds.com/news/118885-ok-gos-new-clip-end-love-will-be-the-first-video-ever-to-premiere-at-bonnaroo.html

I haven't even read the article yet, I'm so excited to post it here! :)

NO WAY!!!!

AWESOME!! *bouncing in chair for joy*

The lucky little buggers...they get to see the video for end love first?!?!?!

I cannot wait for 15th june now OMGOMGOMGOMGZOMGZOMG

• Oh man! The End Love video is finally coming out!

This is sooo exciting! I now have something to look forward to next week besides crummy final exams.

Thanks for finding that article!

• Edit: I did find something and posted it here but I just realised it belongs in the FMBA thread...silly me
  • OK Go on net neutrality: A lesson from the music industry

By Damian Kulash

Sunday, August 29, 2010

On the Internet, when I send my ones and zeros somewhere, they shouldn't have to wait in line behind the ones and zeros of wealthier people or corporations. That's the way the Net was designed, and it's central to a concept called "net neutrality," which ensures that Internet service providers can't pick favorites. (read full story here)

(Please note: This article is from the future.)

Fight for Net Neutrality Now.

• beckysioux said:

OK Go on net neutrality: A lesson from the music industry

By Damian Kulash

Sunday, August 29, 2010

On the Internet, when I send my ones and zeros somewhere, they shouldn't have to wait in line behind the ones and zeros of wealthier people or corporations. That's the way the Net was designed, and it's central to a concept called "net neutrality," which ensures that Internet service providers can't pick favorites. (read full story here)

(Please note: This article is from the future.)

Fight for Net Neutrality Now.

Yeah, I was confused about the whole, " article comes out tomorrow, view it here," thing.  Hmm... Typo? Sneek peek? Gift from (future) awesomeland? I honestly don't care as long as I have it.Laugh

• OK Go Launches Fall North American Tour, Remix Contest New Single “White Knuckles”

OK Go have partnered with Indaba Music and the Rock Band Network to launch a remix contest for their new single, “White Knuckles.” OK Go encourages fans to get as creative as possible, to not feel afraid to redefine the song in both genre and feeling. The contest will run from September 7th through October 14th.

Each week starting Sept 21st, Dave Fridmann, producer of “White Knuckles” and the album Of the Blue Colour of the Sky, will choose his favorite remixes to feature across all OK Go web properties. All featured remixes will also be available for fans to download on the database that accompanies the pre-order for the Nov. 2nd U.S. release, Of the Blue Colour of the Sky (Extra Nice Edition). The grand prize winner will be announced on October 29th and will have his/her remix mastered and made available for download in Rock Band. The grand prize winner will also receive a gaming console, a copy of Rock Band 3, and a set of Rock Band instruments to jam with friends to their winning remix.

From their Twitter: We've got a spectabulous remix contest starting early next week. Which made us remember this: http://bit.ly/aCLwvy Which made us laugh.

Too bad I suck at all things electronics related. Ho-hum.

I wonder what the contest will be named. I like, "Same shit, different sound." But to make it more user friendly, perhaps, "Same song, different sound." Meh.

ETA: I wonder what will be the niceties on the Extra Nice Edition.

• beckysioux said:

OK Go Launches Fall North American Tour, Remix Contest New Single “White Knuckles”

OK Go have partnered with Indaba Music and the Rock Band Network to launch a remix contest for their new single, “White Knuckles.” OK Go encourages fans to get as creative as possible, to not feel afraid to redefine the song in both genre and feeling. The contest will run from September 7th through October 14th.

Each week starting Sept 21st, Dave Fridmann, producer of “White Knuckles” and the album Of the Blue Colour of the Sky, will choose his favorite remixes to feature across all OK Go web properties. All featured remixes will also be available for fans to download on the database that accompanies the pre-order for the Nov. 2nd U.S. release, Of the Blue Colour of the Sky (Extra Nice Edition). The grand prize winner will be announced on October 29th and will have his/her remix mastered and made available for download in Rock Band. The grand prize winner will also receive a gaming console, a copy of Rock Band 3, and a set of Rock Band instruments to jam with friends to their winning remix.

From their Twitter: We've got a spectabulous remix contest starting early next week. Which made us remember this: http://bit.ly/aCLwvy Which made us laugh.

I wonder what the contest will be named. I like, "Same shit, different sound." But to make it more user friendly, perhaps, "Same song, different sound." Meh.

Am I the only one that thinks it's hilarious that the new OTBCOTS is called the Extra Nice edition?

And this sucks. Any other kind of contest (not a professional-sounding remix) I might have had a shot at. (Awful grammar, I know. It's too early.) I mean, I already have a literal version of TTSP-RG in the works! Why not a literal video contest!

And it's not the boys judging, it's DF, who we don't know deeply and well. Ergh.

• Aleatory said:
    beckysioux said:

OK Go Launches Fall North American Tour, Remix Contest New Single “White Knuckles”

Am I the only one that thinks it's hilarious that the new OTBCOTS is called the Extra Nice edition?

And it's not the boys judging, it's DF, who we don't know deeply and well. Ergh.

You're not the only one... I love things that are Extra Nice!

I am worried about the judging...

• On another topic, I loved the Nerdist podcast. It was much more casual and fun to listen to :) I have this love for Chris Hardwick (when he's not on Web Soup) and when he announced he was interviewing the boys, I was ecstatic. I just listened to the Adam Carrolla one while on a long car ride and found myself getting a bit irritated at how much Adam did the talking. Good interview when the boys were talking, though.
  • There's an interview with OK Go in a podcast called 'Q: The Podcast from CBC Radio'

It's number 96 (as of right now)

Release date: 4-26-2010

(If its not showing up properly (like it did for me) then just search the name in iTunes :D)

Anyway, interview starts at around minute 22 (unless you wanna hear a debate about stealth marketing) and a nice lil something at the end ;)