In this Discussion

where and when

edited November -1 in OK Go
hey chaps and chappettes, wot i would like to know is, where and wen did u first realize u loved ok go xxxxx for me it was wen i saw here it goes again on youtube, and wen i saw the vid for this too shall pass xxxxxx

Comments

• I talked about this in the "10 Things" thread a bit more, but I fell/fall in love with OK Go a lot. I could say it's cyclical, except that implies a pattern. There's no pattern. There are just periods of time where I'm incapable of ignoring the band and/or denying my addiction to the music. That said, the first time I fell hard was in a radio station when someone played "You're So Damn Hot", the next time was probably upon seeing bits of the video for "Get Over It". Once the videos and press shots from Oh No made the rounds, I had a long, uniterrupted bout of obsession (it's those suits and ties, the pattern combinations remind me of mid-sixties Rolling Stones photos!).

• yeah i loved the way they dress, and i started watching videos of tehm being interviewed and they just made me laugh so much. I love the one where they're at the twilight: new moon premier
  • I had a rather embarrassing start to my OK Go love. I was in seventh grade, and one of my friends was trying to decide what to get me for my birthday and asked me if I liked OK Go. My pompous almost thirteen year old self couldn't admit that I had absolutely no idea who she was talking about (because of course it would be travesty for her to know about a band that I didn't know about) so instead I was like "oh you know, they're okaaaaay". Two or three months later she was playing OK Go in her room and of course my immediate response to my first OK Go exposure was "oh my gosh who is this? They're AWESOME!" to which she responded "um, OK Go. I thought you didn't really like them". I was both temporarily humbled and completely ensnared in the wonderfulness that is OK Go. I've been in love ever since. 

• hyannah77 said:

I was both temporarily humbled and completely ensnared in the wonderfulness that is OK Go. I've been in love ever since. 

This is a great story Hyannah! It's perfect!

• I'm new to OK Go fandom, as in, only since Weird Al tweeted the link to the first "This Too Shall Pass" video a few months ago. Fell in love. Instantly. Every video and creative efforts and songs I see and hear by the guys just make me fall more in love.
  • violetchaos364 said:I'm new to OK Go fandom, as in, only since Weird Al tweeted the link to the first "This Too Shall Pass" video a few months ago. Fell in love. Instantly. Every video and creative efforts and songs I see and hear by the guys just make me fall more in love.

You know, that was one of the things that brought me back around (aka made it impossible to not fall in love again). I love Weird Al.

• One of us. One of us.

Yeah, I think perhaps that a person or two on the boards may have a little bit in common with you.