In this Discussion

OK Go Pictures and "Stuff"

Comments

• I'm laughing/WTF-ing at this:

<-Todd?

Super Andy!!!

• DJRose said:Wait, he wore the button-down backstage and the t-shirt onstage?  What is going on here?  Is this real life?

That's pretty funny. And the shirt looks new. At least I don't recall seeing it before.

• New video from the boys :P

• Tim as Bobby D is priceless.  It's all about the finger pointing.
  • OK Go at the 2010 WWDC Bash at Yerba Buena Gardens.

"An OK Go fan makes an animated iPad tribute. The band were rather amused with this"

More from here

• squashedbanana said:

OK Go at the 2010 WWDC Bash at Yerba Buena Gardens.

Great find, Jade, but it really should have gone in the WWDC thread below.  That way it's a lot easier to find if one of us wants to go back for it. 
  • oh I didnt see that thread O.O

OK I'll post the other photos in that thread :P

• Totally understood.  It's just this thread is really for stuff that there's no other place to post, not for every single time something new comes up.  Like if I'm looking for a picture of or interview with Damian, I'm gonna go to the Damian thread to find it.  Or if I want to see pictures from a specific concert, I will go look for a thread about that concert.  Then I don't have to wade through 100+ pages of random stuff.  It's because the search feature on boards is never very googletastic.

• Thank you person who found this on Tumblr:

• squashedbanana said:

Thank you person who found this on Tumblr:

I actually posted this back in December at The official Album number 3 thread.

I still love the shimmy.

• whoops, ah well

Yup the shimmy is awesome and so is Danimal's rock out at the end :P

• squashedbanana said:

whoops, ah well

I can't stop smiling. That's so awesome.

• I remember watching this a while ago, they are so coordinated, hahahaha
  • squashedbanana said:

whoops, ah well

For this extreme happy - wow - I'm SO okay with the double post (from back before I knew who these guys were, anyway!)

How is it that every thing I see or hear with these guys I love them more? I would think there would be some peak or plateau or something.

• violetchaos364 said:

How is it that every thing I see or hear with these guys I love them more? I would think there would be some peak or plateau or something.

I stopped waiting for the plateau a while ago. I'd be reluctant to even say something like, "The sky's the limit." Honestly I don't think there is a limit, but if there is, I'm not exactly looking for it. I'm just enjoying the lightheaded-ness.

I think I'll continue to feel the ever-expanding love and make the continually-ascending climb with each thing they create until one of the guys does something to me personally that hurts my feelings. Since that's unlikely because they are of the lovely kind (and to be honest, past experiences tell me that even if they ever, I don't know, told me off for something, I'll still love them anyway. I'm a softie.), you know, pretty soon I'll be in orbit. 

*In orbit and grumbling about multiple quote boxes, but you know... ;)

• hyannah77 said:
    Snack_Cakes said:

Of course this now changes what we should shout out during IWYSBICB because obviously he has found a way to breathe underwater.

That's fantastic, I never would've thought of that. I would like to see them try "in outer space", we'll have to think of some truly crazy ones. 

I'm reading post pages from before I joined the board, and I actually have an answer for this one. By answer I mean and idea that is both something to yell AND something OK Go might actually be fabulous enough to build an event/video around:

Zero Grav

Well actually, you can still yell "In Outer Space", because obviously, it's still possible to breathe in 0G simulators. But I've decided OkGo needs to run with an idea like this. Can you picture it?

HawkingZeroG

Ok, that's Stephen Hawking. But you get what I'm saying. Zero Gravity is perfect for OKGo. They are geeks, they'll love the idea. The band has recently commandeered a marching band, built a musical Rube Goldberg Machine and manipulated the very constructs of time. So really, animated food aside for a moment, what's left?

SPACE.

Or the simulation of it.

Weeeelllll, that, and a Doctor Who episode…

But think of it! Naturally, it'd be the video for "Before the Earth Was Round". The video launch party would be held at Zero Gravity in Naperville. The making of/behind the scenes videos could include things like a featurette called "OK Go goes to Space Camp," and outtakes such as "What's in My Spacesuit?" and "OKGo 0GYo!"

Ok, I'm making myself giggle, I should stop. But they should seriously do this. It could potentially be the band's most epic project to date (At least until Mr. Moffitt writes them onto the TARDIS). And, it's not far-fetched at ALL…

I mean, they already know people at NASA. Wink

Edit: I just realized this belongs in the video ideas thread even though the shouting things during IWYSBICB is what instigated my silliness. Maybe I'll link to this in that thread. Would that work?

• Can I ask/ comment about the Tumblr page and some of the things on it in here? I'm going to. I searched but didn't really find anything. This post is not pictures, but it does contain/ pertain to OKGo (and, obviously, the Tumblr account linked to this site), therefore, I deem it "Stuff."

First of all, I went to the page when I joined the forum a couple weeks ago just because I was exploring the site. Then, basically, I forgot about it because Boardies were so much more interesting. A couple of days ago I was looking for something I thought I'd seen affiliated with OKGo somehow and checked the Tumblr in case I'd seen it there. I hadn't, but while I was on, the Shiro advert was posted, so I watched it (It's lovely, especially the park bench and bird sequence). 

Then I went back to my normal routine of late which involves things like not sleeping; calling and calling and calling the wheelchair repair place; reading books, watching DVDs and listening to CDs for review; reading other peoples' reviews and then basically rewriting them under the guise of "editing" because so many people refuse to learn what a word means before they overuse it; explaining to my editors that I can't send them review copy if I haven't been sent the item for review yet; helping a local artist get his work into a new, local grassroots project I'm part of that uses empty storefronts downtown as temporary/rotating art galleries; considering taking on a couple of new local bands in the role of publicist; explaining to other publicists that they need to send me more than an unmarked CDR if they want a review and trying to get my own stuff going again, particularly my main blog.

There is a point to relating all of that, and it is "Stuff" related I promise. I keep pushing back all of the ideas I've had for blogs for the past couple of weeks because every time I start one idea, something more pressing or timely comes up (for instance when I got up yesterday I had planned to finally blog about The School and a whole host of neo girl-group and/or mod-pop muscial infatuations I've had this year, but it was interrupted by a need to blog about my mock summer season television program ideas, and then that was superceded by my desire to blog about the new Mark Ronson after seeing the video link on my Rolling Stone feed (and that was OK Go-ish because End Love is mentioned in the article). All of these things did not make it to post by the time I was back from my Adventures in Intersections–I tried to go out and it took hours because my wheelchair stalled out several times, once in the middle of the road. Not my favourite way to stop traffic, let me tell you!– because I instead found a bunch of live footage of Prince that I wanted to talk about before he discovers its existence and demands it be taken down. 

Then the internet was down again (I am seriously demanding Comcast refund me for this month). So I started fresh for the morning again, deciding that after my editing and other obligations, I would, in fact, write a post about Marc Ronson and maybe tie it to the Prince stuff and throw in some other references to the recent retro dance-music redux--like, OKGo, maybe, because the nosy neighbors saw me letting my hair down to "White Knuckles" (though not in the sense the song may allude to, thankfully!) during the mandatory dance break I take for every block of  editing assignments I get through. :D

But everything took so long today and then I realized I had to write about Futurama, because it returns tomorrow (today now, actually as I watch the clock). YAY! So I pushed Ronson and Prince, et al to the following planned post again. During the current break from "work", which I'm using to write this, I came to see if anyone had commented on anything interesting (because I am kind of addicted to this forum at the moment Embarassed), and I checked out all the links to see if anything had been posted or Tweeted about the Left Coast performance.

And the Mark Ronson video is posted on the Tumblr. Which leads me to have several questions. Is the Tumblr post simply because the article mentions OKGo? Who posts those things? Is it the band? Jorge?  Are they always random videos and photos or does other content appear there? And most importantly, are members of OKGo involved in/on any of the tracks for Record Collection? That would be awesome! I mean I was excited by MNDR and Simon Le Bon, but maybe Tim's moonlighting!

• ChristelAdina said:

Can I ask/ comment about the Tumblr page and some of the things on it in here? I'm going to. I searched but didn't really find anything. This post is not pictures, but it does contain/ pertain to OKGo (and, obviously, the Tumblr account linked to this site), therefore, I deem it "Stuff."

And the Mark Ronson video is posted on the Tumblr. Which leads me to have several questions. Is the Tumblr post simply because the article mentions OKGo? Who posts those things? Is it the band? Jorge?  Are they always random videos and photos or does other content appear there? And most importantly, are members of OKGo involved in/on any of the tracks for Record Collection? That would be awesome! I mean I was excited by MNDR and Simon Le Bon, but maybe Tim's moonlighting!

The tumblr is a relatively new discovery for all of us here on the boards, and we don't really know who's running it.  Your guess is as good as ours.  We know that Damian is running the other tumblr because he has made it clear that it is him, but the one you're asking about could be any of the guys in the band or someone who works for them (Jorge, Mike Rosenthal, some other employee at Hornblow/Paracadute).

• Thanks Rachel. And now, another question: where's this other Tumblr?

(forgive the newness of me, or maybe it's my allergies kicking my ass today, but I'm finding there's a lot I don't know about OKGo,  a situation of which I was unaware)