In this Discussion

OK Go Pictures and "Stuff"

Comments

• Oh, right. Thanks. I've read that before.
  • Also Christel, there's the "Don't Ask Me" thread, which is chock full of great stuff for Newbies.
  • DJRose said:Also Christel, there's the "Don't Ask Me" thread, which is chock full of great stuff for Newbies.

Ok, so I just spent a couple hours sorting through that. Smile Didn't really learn anything, but then I stopped on page 38. Maybe I'll go back sometime when the moon isn't affecting me so. The thread did help me to remember a connection to OK Go (not that I necessarily wanted to know that), and it did cause me to wonder if I still had that issue of Jane magazine. Wink 

• ChristelAdina said:
     The thread did help me to remember a connection to OK Go (not that I necessarily wanted to know that), and it did cause me to wonder if I still had that issue of Jane magazine. Wink 

Ohhhh that issue of Jane… Yeah.  I'm laughing right now. :-)

I just looked it up - do you realize they don't print Jane anymore?  I feel like one of my adolescent heroes' legacy has been slashed.  Sassy Magazine was a STAPLE when I was younger.

• DJRose said:

Ohhhh that issue of Jane… Yeah.  I'm laughing right now. :-)

I just looked it up - do you realize they don't print Jane anymore?  I feel like one of my adolescent heroes' legacy has been slashed.  Sassy Magazine was a STAPLE when I was younger.

Yeah, the demise of both Sassy and Jane got to me. Cry My major (for my most recent / Bachelors' Degree) was "Magazine Journalism" and that choice was, at least partially, inspired by Ms. Pratt. Smile

• Damian performs "Last Leaf" for Project Rhythm Seed in L.A. on June 3rd.

OK GO perform "This Too Shall Pass" for Project Rhythm Seed

OK GO interview for Project Rhythm Seed

• Only photo I found of them at switchfoot

....can someone ask Andy to iron his suit? haha

• Yeah, that's a wrinkly suit. It would be a good idea to get a travel steamer or something.

When I saw them at one of the tiny venue shows they did last fall, I remember thinking that same thing about Damian's suit. It looked like it hadn't been washed OR pressed in ages. It was really rockstar.

Anyway, I came here to post this photo that I like to break out every now and then. It's especially nostalgiac now with the guys having left the label.

Here they are inking the deal back in '01, I think? or perhaps '02? CUTE! Minus Rusty on this one of course...

• squashedbanana said:

Only photo I found of them at switchfoot

I wouold go furthere and ask Andy to change his pants, this one look so oversized it's not looking good. It looks like a bag or something

• Linen suits always look like that. Unless you happen to be David Byrne. Somehow, he always manages to look presentable in an oversized linen suit, which is impressive considering all that bike riding he does.

I love that old picture! For the detail on the hair alone!

• There is more energy in the first 30 seconds of the Rock The Garden video of TTSP (posted on the main page for those who came straight here) than I can be expected to calmly absorb on a day like today. :)

It's the close-up on the feet of a pogo-ing Kulash that sends it over the edge.

• Yeah, Damian was on point that day (like he's ever NOT, but...)

After OK GO, Sharon Jones and the Dap Kings came out and tore it up...

Then MGMT took the stage and put us all to sleep. Y-A-W-N

• squashedbanana said:

You would think that Andy would get overheated in that suit.  But I've come to the conclusion that he must not ever get hot or sweat.  I mean even going back to the HIGA video, I always wondered how he managed to wear a jacket throughout the whole thing.  Ugh.

Another observation with this photo: Has anyone else noticed Damian's wardrobe progression through the Spring Tour until now?  He started out wearing the black jacket, then just a button down shirt, and now this.  It's like he's gotten tired of dressing.

And aross has worn the red suit every time.

I'm going to miss that suit when he retires it.  No more Red Delicious Safety Cone. Cry

• Snack_Cakes said:
    squashedbanana said:

You would think that Andy would get overheated in that suit.  But I've come to the conclusion that he must not ever get hot or sweat.  I mean even going back to the HIGA video, I always wondered how he managed to wear a jacket throughout the whole thing.  Ugh.

Another observation with this photo: Has anyone else noticed Damian's wardrobe progression through the Spring Tour until now?  He started out wearing the black jacket, then just a button down shirt, and now this.  It's like he's gotten tired of dressing.

I'm going to miss that suit when he retires it.  No more Red Delicious Safety Cone. Cry

Yeah, once aross retires something, it kinda never comes back. I miss the silver pants. But I guess we could just add onto his name with his next outfit. Afterall, he is "Red Delicious Safety Cone formerly known as bliss in silver pants" right now.

As for Damian, perhaps he overheard me call him a mime and ditched the stripes. Look at this vid, where he says, "unless you got a robe and can like sing real good," he's a mime blowing in the wind. Debbie, I think he got smart and realized a 3 piece suit is kinda stupid to wear in the hot sun and humid temps for the outdoor fests. Especially since his was black where the rest of the boys were wearing different colors.

• beckysioux said:
    Snack_Cakes said:

Yeah, once aross retires something, it kinda never comes back. I miss the silver pants. But I guess we could just add onto his name with his next outfit. Afterall, he is "Red Delicious Safety Cone formerly known as bliss in silver pants" right now.

As for Damian, perhaps he overheard me call him a mime and ditched the stripes. Look at this vid, where he says, "unless you got a robe and can like sing real good," he's a mime blowing in the wind. Debbie, I think he got smart and realized a 3 piece suit is kinda stupid to wear in the hot sun and humid temps for the outdoor fests. Especially since his was black where the rest of the boys were wearing different colors.

I guess Andy's nickname will just get longer and more complicated with each new outfit.

And OMG! Damian really is a mime blowing in the wind!!! Hahahahahaha

• Just randomly found another Jeremy and Claire Weiss photo

• squashedbanana said:

Just randomly found another Jeremy and Claire Weiss photo

Dan is awesome.

Great find, Jade.  I absolutely love the Weiss' photos.

• Haha I have a super awesome stalker-like pic of Damian IN MY CAR.  No kidding. I was in the backseat and when he wasn't looking I tried to take pics. I love those sunglasses.

EDIT: Oh noes why isn't the pic showing up???

• Yeah, why the pic is not showing?
  • Hey Aleatory, have you fixed the problem yet?

Anyway, the real reason why I'm posting

http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4117/4777523207_07e74e633f_b.jpg

All kinds of epic