In this Discussion

You know you're obsessed when...

Comments

• YKYOW

You spend ten minutes going back and forth in your apartment trying to put your metaphorical finger on what's causing your current "Something is wrong. Something is missing." feeling, before realizing it's that, not only is there no music playing, but there's no OK Go music playing!

Also, emseyluvsu, you should play Pixies on the band's own merits. Wink Just saying...

• YKYOW

you've attempted atleast 7 times to recreate the OK Go logo (the one currently on Dan's drum) into knitted form to make into a scarf.  Literally, I've wasted hours.  I get to the middle of the "K" and have a heart attack because it comes out all wrong and the colors get all switched.

In total, I've probably wasted about 30 hours hahaha.  Pretty sad.

• samanferr! said:

YKYOW

you've attempted atleast 7 times to recreate the OK Go logo (the one currently on Dan's drum) into knitted form to make into a scarf.  Literally, I've wasted hours.  I get to the middle of the "K" and have a heart attack because it comes out all wrong and the colors get all switched.

In total, I've probably wasted about 30 hours hahaha.  Pretty sad.

Don't give up!  Because when you get it done it's going to be awesome! 
  • You Can Do It, Sam!!!  I know you can! :-D
  • Thanks guys.  I'm going to keep trying.  I'm thinking that maybe instead of doing the logo, I'll try just the word "Paracadute" similiar to what Becky did.  It's just so frustrating!  It looks pretty good and then all gets jumbled.  I wish my grandma was around to fix it hahaha.  She was a knitting champ. 
  • Oh here's a good one. 

YKYOW

You see this:

and laugh.

It's some band called Wax Fang.  Never heard of.  But I saw this picture and I bet you know what I thought of.

• samanferr! said:

Oh here's a good one. 

YKYOW

You see this:

and laugh.

It's some band called Wax Fang.  Never heard of.  But I saw this picture and I bet you know what I thought of.

You thought... why do our boys need to wear clothes all the time?

OH, maybe that was me. >snerk!<

(That was the first thing I thought of after I thought of what you were likely thinking of. I think.)

• YOU KNOW YOU'RE OBSSESSED WHEN….

1.YOU CRY IF YOU HAVENT HEARD A SONG BY OK GO FOR MORE THAN 5 MINS.

2.YOU GET INTO BIG  FIGHTS WIT PEOPLE IF THEY SAY ANYTHING MEAN ABOUT OK GO.

3.YOU KNOW EVERY DANCE STEP TO "A MILLION WAYS" AND "C-C-C-CINNAMON LIPS" AND HAVE DONE "HERE IT GOES AGAIN" AT THE GYM WIT UR FRIENDS.

yeah i love OK GO!

• YKYOW...........i've got ok go on the brain, a few weeks ago i was in H and M helping my a guy friend choose clothes, and i showed him a stripy shirt and tie and said, 'oh look hun u can look like ok go!' lol
  • YKYOW you're watching the Cubs/Dodgers game and are thinking about when the boys threw out the first pitch a month or so ago instead. Doesn't help that the Cubs are playing like crap right now.

samanferr! said: Thanks guys.  I'm going to keep trying.  I'm thinking that maybe instead of doing the logo, I'll try just the word "Paracadute" similiar to what Becky did.  It's just so frustrating!  It looks pretty good and then all gets jumbled.  I wish my grandma was around to fix it hahaha.  She was a knitting champ. 

Are you sure you wanna do Paracadute? There's like 6 more letters you'll have to knit. Either way, I'm sure you'll figure it out and make a really bitchin' scarf.

I wish I could knit. I always ended up making the rows tighter and tighter as I went along. I tried to make a scarf and it ended up looking like a really bad trapezoid.

• Well the problem is that I'm trying to do the logo, and in order for it to look like it, the letters are all jumbled together and different colors.  I'm trying to do it exactly like it, so the "G" and "O" have that blue color in it and the first "O" in ok has that reddish color in the middle.

I figure if I just switch to Paracadute, it'll be a basic straighforward font so I wont have to worry about mixing in too many colors. I'll show you guys the finished product eventually, whatever it turns out to be.

• YKYOW you go to Jo Ann Fabrics and it reminds you of OK Go.
  • Sunnyside said:YKYOW you go to Jo Ann Fabrics and it reminds you of OK Go.

Laugh

I was just doing a bit of grocery shopping at my local Health Food Store/Bookseller/Wineshop, and one of the end-of-aisle wine displays had the new wineries and varieties the store is now carrying. Today it featured 4 varieties, from 2 different vinyards, but each with similar, brightly coloured labels...

One pink, one yellow, one blue, one red.

You Know You're Obsessed When you actually, albeit momentarily, consider buying more than $60 worth of wine simply because the labels remind you of the End Love video! You're especially obsessed, if (like me) you consider this despite the fact that 3 of the bottles in question were white wines, when--if you're drinking wine--you prefer to drink reds. Embarassed

• YKYOW:

You are juggling your soccer ball in your room, and all of the sudden, Invincible comes on and you start to dance while juggling and end up shattering your snow globe, and you feel much better that it all for the love of OK Go.  I wouldn't want to break anything any other way.

You get so excited when AMW comes on while you are gardening that you end up dancing with a shovel.

You build a robot and when your brother calls it a pile of junk, you reply with, "Aww, thanks! That means a lot to me."

You force your friend into dancing on the diving blocks seconds before the race, and ended up getting a burst of energy because you danced to AMW in front of everyone, you win the race by one one-hundreth of a second.

• YKYOW:

You use OKGo as a reward (or a motivational tool, to echo Amber's post in the autographs thread). Like when I tell myself, "Christel, after you finish this one little 600 word review, you can reward youself by turning off the artist you're reviewing and listen to OKGo's first album. Only after it is submitted, however." Or "You must finish at least 5 more assignments before you start OTBCOTS over again."

The great thing is that this works! The bad thing is when I use it as a reward for mundane, daily tasks ("You washed your hair and you're not wearing the same clothes you wore for the last 2 days! Yay! You deserve to spend 3 hours watching OKGo on You Tube!"Embarassed)

I just finished editing a week's worth of articles by people who think "in lieu" is a phrase meaning "on the strength of", or, possibly, "because he liked it so much" (These are some of the same people who make up the contestants on my imaginary reality series You'll LITERALLY Die Laughing ). A week's work! In addition to my own writing assignments! Despite being acutely ill!

I deserve all sorts of OKGo right now!

(You also know you're obsessed when you use OKGo as some sort of justification or rationalization.)

• YKYOW... it's 2:30 a.m. and you're on the message board.

• Snack_Cakes said:

YKYOW... it's 2:30 a.m. and you're on the message board.

Truer words were never spoken.

• ChristelAdina said:

YKYOW:

The great thing is that this works! The bad thing is when I use it as a reward for mundane, daily tasks ("You washed your hair and you're not wearing the same clothes you wore for the last 2 days! Yay! You deserve to spend 3 hours watching OKGo on You Tube!"Embarassed)

ROFLMAO. Not literally. But my first big chuckle of the day!

Go forth and experience OK Go ness!

• YKYOW: Your coach asks you if you liked the drill, and you respond, " It was intense." and then accidentally say out loud, "Well, not in tents, in sleeping bags, but intense."  and then bust up laughing while everyone stares.

I should stop watching interviews before practice.

• YKYOW: you practice your typing skills with OK Go lyrics.