In this Discussion

strange/imaginative things to autograph

edited November -1 in OK Go
when i go to their gig in manchester (soo excited!) if/when i meet them i'm gonna get them to sign my make up bag, cos its cool and is my most cherished pocession:) question is, what would u most like them to autograph for you?

Comments

• ....I actually cannot think of something I'd like them to sign...

Oh wait...

Yeah, I have this cuddly toy in the shape of a cuddly monkey and it doubles as a body warmer because its got this little bean bag thing inside that you microwave...I'd want them to sign the bean bag thing so I can hug it ^.^

That's not weird at all...

• aaaw thats lovely :) thats made me feel all warm and fluffy now
  • my lovely lady lumps.

jk.  not really.

• I had them sign my purse. I'm trying to make it my brag bag, but so far I only have the boys and Jay & Grant from Ghost Hunters. What can I say, I don't meet that many famous people.

I've also had them sign a pair of Converse. I tend to wear these shoes when I need an extra bit of luck.

• beckysioux said:

I'm trying to make it my brag bag, but so far I only have the boys and Jay & Grant from Ghost Hunters. What can I say, I don't meet that many famous people.

GHOSTHUNTERS!  Becky, oh no you didn't.  What about Steve and Tango?!!?!?!

• samanferr! said:
    beckysioux said:

I'm trying to make it my brag bag, but so far I only have the boys and Jay & Grant from Ghost Hunters. What can I say, I don't meet that many famous people.

GHOSTHUNTERS!  Becky, oh no you didn't.  What about Steve and Tango?!!?!?!

The event I went to only had Jay and Grant. :( Still, it was a pretty neat experience.

• I want those shoes.  The end.

EDIT: That's not the end because I just remembered that I had them sign my iPod.  Still not as cool as the Converse though.

• Okay, this isn't a signing thing, but! I have a hard time at work SLOWING down what I am doing - therefore I make a lot of little anisine errors (I'm an admin for an insurance brokerage.) So, I thought it would be motiviational if I could have the guys record a phrase (each one, I mean, if I'm dreaming here, go big!),  so I can play it to myself - just thinking of Damian growling "SLOW THE FUCK DOWN!!" for me makes me giggle.

Oh, idea! I could do a signing type thing, if I had the boys write down "SLOW DOWN" or the like on a hard bit of cardboard, maybe a drink coaster.

Mm! Can't wait to see them again!

• violetchaos364 said:
    - just thinking of Damian growling "SLOW THE FUCK DOWN!!" for me makes me giggle.

Oh, idea! I could do a signing type thing, if I had the boys write down "SLOW DOWN" or the like on a hard bit of cardboard, maybe a drink coaster.

Mm! Can't wait to see them again!

Motivational autographs! I love it (I once suggested something similar to a band I worked for, as, you know, a fan club thing or a merch bonus item. They thought I was dotty. I still think it's a good idea. Particularly if the guys from OKGo are doing it. I find them highly motiviational!Wink)!

EDIT: Did you notice how I kept this reply PG? It was really difficult and you should all be proud of me for showing restraint. :D

• >facepalm<

>whiny voice< Awww, Christel! Quit sayin' stuff like that! Now I'm thinking of all sorts of naughty misinterpretations of what I wrote! And I'm creative!!!

• Hahahahaha!

Well, I had them sign my bass and my iPod, but my friend had them sign her copy of The Diary of Anne Frank because it was all she had on her.

EDIT: There's actualy a funny story that goes with the signing of the bass:

I was able to get Damian, Tim, and Andy to sign it all at once, but since Dan wasn't there, I couldn't get him to sign it. So when we dropped the guys off at the theater, Damian started looking for Dan everywhere. (mind you, I was following him around everywhere.) We looked backstage, and the techs told us that Dan had just gone to the tour bus, so we walked to the bus and went inside (cue fangirlish glee) but he wasn't there, so I stood around awkwardly with my bass in one hand and a Sharpie in another, trying not to faint or something. Finally Damian said, "I'll just call him" so he walked outside and I followed, trying not to get the bass wet because it was raining. So he called and I was still standing in the rain (awkwardly) and he saw me and said I could go stand back inside (cue more fangirlish glee) so I stood inside the tour bus alone (still awkwardly) for maybe five minutes until Andy came inside. The best part is that he came up the stairs and saw me standing there and he kind of stopped in surprise until I decided to be super creative and say "Hi." And he said hi back, then he did something in his bunk and left. And then finally Dan came up and we talked for a little bit and he finally signed my bass. It was awesome.

And here's Andy looking for something. I must say, I am a creeper.

• samanferr! said:

my lovely lady lumps.

jk.  not really.

I was going to write "Boobs."

• jedi_grrlie said:
    samanferr! said:

my lovely lady lumps.

jk.  not really.

I was going to write "Boobs."

ha ha ha! i was wondering when sum1 was gonna mention that!

And Aleatory what a lovely story :) i love them even more now

• *bump*

Wouldn't it be super funny to have Andy sign a curling iron?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v.....U&NR=1

• I have a pair of pants I've gotten signed a couple of times, once before Tim's signature changed. I had Damian sign my copy of Things I've Learned From Women Who Dumped Me. Everything else I've gotten signed has been pretty standard, cds, tickets, setlists.