In this Discussion

Covers

edited November -1 in OK Go
Something I've noticed (or too blind to see) is that no one seems to have any OK Go covers or anything of that sort up here. I think it would be a great addition to the fan-craziness...I know I have a couple covers on my Youtube channel. Anyone else?

Comments

• I did this cover a few months ago. 

Also in a vaguely related note, Andy once complimented this cover of "The Fade to Black" saying "you sing it better than I do!"

• I love those! You're awesome :) It's funny, because I'm currently working on a cover of The Fade To Black! I love your voice, btw. I just subbed you.

A cover of This Too Shall Pass, one that Damian, Tim, and Andy actually watched right in front of me.

Invincible, that I performed with the School of Rock at my last show.

I have a cover of Last Leaf too, but it's on FB and hasn't made it over to YT yet. I also have AMW in the works, all parts but the vocals because some parts are a little low to sing :(

• Ahh, that was you!  I thought it might be.  Thanks for the compliment.  :-D

I'll go watch your videos after work.  I don't have sound on the work computer.  But I do just want to say that it must've been NERVE-WRACKING to stand there while they watched a video of you performing. 

Oh, and BTW?  23, biznatches.

So it's after work now, and I'm home and I watched the videos.  You're adorable!  The way you were dressed in that Invincible video you looked like a female Tim and I loved it. :D   I'm totally jealous, I wish I could go to a School of Rock.  I'm way too old now.  Also, did you do the arrangement of TTSP yourself?  That takes so much patience, and it's really impressive. 

• You're very welcome, you deserve it. 

It was incredibly terrifying, actually. The crazy part was that I was driving in the car with Damian and out of the blue, my dad said "oh did you know she did a cover of TTSP?" And I was absolutely frozen with fear when he started bragging about how I used a cardboard box for a drum (because I didn't have a set at that point.) So then they watched it, and they  were all smiling, which was nice, and Damian commented that it was much more in my range than his, which I took as a compliment. Then at the end he said it was fantastic, which really made my day. Well, a lot of stuff that day made my day, but still.

Haha thanks, 'adorable' isn't something I get a lot but it's nice. One of the best parts of shows is getting the outfit, and only after I had bought the pinstripe capris did I realize the whole resemblance thing. Or maybe my subconscious was guiding me. I don't know. But it was awesome. That was the hat I was wearing when i met Tim in person, we were all matchy-matchy in our pics together and it was perfect. :D

And yeah, I did the whole arrangement myself, it was kind of a mix between the ND version and the RGM version, mostly because I don't have Dan's mad drum skillz. I think it took about two weeks to arrange and record it.

• That story makes me incredibly jealous, yet at the same time I can feel that same anxiety.  I mean, I know Damian has seen some of my performances, but I don't think I could take finding out what he thought of them.  He was super sweet to you.

And I meant the adorable thing.  If I needed glasses I'd rock the exact same look you do.  In fact I've said a gagillion times that the biggest tragedy in my life is that I don't need glasses.  Yeah, I'm weird.

• Wow.

Wow to all the talent here on the boards and Wow to that story.

So many reasons for me to be jealous.Wink

And Rachel, I've always wanted glasses.  When I was a teen I had a pair of fake ones that I actually wore.  Finally, last year the eye doc prescribed reading glasses for me.  (Nerd alert:)  I was so excited. 

• Haha, the glasses I was wearing then were fake, I was going to wear my own but my hipster friend had a pair and I just HAD to wear them for Invincible, it seemed so...appropriate. The funny thing is that I couldn't see anything, I'm incredibly nearsighted. But I make sacrifices for art :) And I guess I really don't need to see anything while onstage. The ones in the TTSP video are my real ones.

And also evidenced by that video is my hat obsession, when I took pictures with Tim we were wearing matching hats, that was pretty cool.

And I was really surprised that Damian was so nice, I mean I expected him to be because that's part of the reason I love OK Go, but he was so tired and still made the effort to compliment my video. And Tim was just...Tim. He said he was exhausted but he was still so happy and excited and cool about everything. Awesome.

• OMFG, someone over there in OK Go land linked to my TTSP cover on the official tumblr!!!!!!!! I am so incredibly flattered that it's on the blog of 'things we find and like' :) :) :) :) :)  

This is really spectaculous. Redonkeykong. Awesomesocks. Splamtastic. There are no words.

http://okg0.tumblr.com/post/802875315/this-too-shall-pass-ok-go-full-cover-via

• Isn't that fabulous? It's been there a couple of days. I was reposting it, too.

Yay for You!

• I feel the need to add my latest work to this thread.

Oh Lately It's So Quiet

• Aleatory said:

I feel the need to add my latest work to this thread.

Oh Lately It's So Quiet

I feel the need to add my obsequious praise of your latest work to this thread.

There's so much to commend in the arrangement, performance and presentation alike that I don't know where to start, so I'll just say, "Brilliant!" 

• ChristelAdina said:
    Aleatory said:

I feel the need to add my latest work to this thread.

Oh Lately It's So Quiet

I feel the need to add my obsequious praise of your latest work to this thread.

There's so much to commend in the arrangement, performance and presentation alike that I don't know where to start, so I'll just say, "Brilliant!" 

Well, thank you very much! It was my very first try at greenscreening, it turned out pretty well, I guess.

I'm working on HIGA now, it's the one drum part I can play well, and AMW needs a video to go along with it. Surprisingly, the videos take a lot longer to do than the actual music itself :\

Sometime in August I'm getting together with a couple of friends and we're going to record White Knuckles, which should be pretty epic if I do say so myself.

This is how I spend my time during the summer....

• This one just popped up on my tumblr:

http://fororchestra.tumblr.com/post/19475712623/ok-go-this-too-shall-pass-for-orchestra-by-walt-ribeiro

ArtistWalt Ribeiro

TitleOK Go 'This Too Shall Pass' For Orchestra by Walt Ribeiro

Very nice. I'm going to go correct him, very gently, on a few bits of info. Smile
  • Holy crap, violetchaos. Quite an amazing find. There was a pretty big smile on my face while I listened to it. :D

Thank you for sharing.