In this Discussion

Happy List

Comments

• My brother is gone, so I can go pretend to play his guitar, drums, keyboard and my xylophone to OK Go songs with out him getting pissed off at me.Smile 

• Nevermind, I accendentally double posted, I thought I canceled this. Darn you my computer!

• A co-worker was showing me a new computer program and had just said to hit the return button - just as Damian starts singing the word return from the song of the same name on my desktop media player.

I always remember to hit the return button now.

• Something good came out of an editing session today. I was reacquainted with "Planet Rock" by Afrika Bambaataa. Smile

• There's going to be a real Beach Boys reunion! <--  (uncontrolled, excitement striking in the appropriate thread)
  • - Crispy, thin crust cheese pizza.

- My son singing OK Go songs to himself while building Legos.

- Laughing about silly stuff with my mom.

And I got to experience all three today. Smile

• Snack_Cakes said:

Smile

This is truly one of life's little pleasures, huh?

Another good one, I find, is singing OK Go songs to myself while building Legos

Your post was my happy list thing today, Debbie. Smile

• ChristelAdina said:
    Snack_Cakes said:

Smile

This is truly one of life's little pleasures, huh?

Another good one, I find, is singing OK Go songs to myself while building Legos

Your post was my happy list thing today, Debbie. Smile

Yay!  I love to spread happiness.

• This morning's happiness for me is my special segment during the ALL VINYL, LATE NIGHT edition of Snap Crackle POP! I wasn't there to dig through Craig's recently recovered records, and I lamented that I've never seen his collection (he's much older than me and has the serious pop archive) because it's been in storage since before I met him. However, he sent me an email a few minutes before the show saying "Here's a short list of what I'm pulling to take to the station…"

I quickly wrote back my list of demands. I mean my request list. WinkAnd I jokingly suggested I get a whole set. I wasn't serious, but sometimes I get called on my enthusiastic outbursts. No thought went into the set save that I wanted to hear those songs.

With the exception of the fact he switched out "Six Teens" for "Fox on the Run" (which actually fit my hidden theme, or my theme within a theme, even better!), it was the best and happiest set I've programmed/listened to in weeks! Then we gave Marc a surprise with the album version of "Video Killed the Radio Star" (because he's on TV tonight for our Community Art Project and can't be at the station/can only listen sporadically).

Even though I haven't done it in a couple years, it seems I'm still quite a natural at putting together cohesive, impressive, and still unexpected series of songs. That makes me happy. Maybe I should pick up podcasting again?  I really like hearing the way my natural, entirely impulsive inclinations to selfishly satisfy my own cravings for ear candy actually end up seeming perfectly planned.

I'm an old-fashioned girl. I still love my radio. Kiss

• Sunnyside said:My husband got us a xylophone at a yard sale for $3.

Umm I just bought the same rockenspiel that Tim has, it's in my Oh Lately It's So Quiet video :)

Also, I have the same acoustic guitar as Damian.

• Just helped some friends move and I scored four hardcovers. WIN!
  • (Ok I'm new here)

Me hugging Andy Ross when they were in Milwaukee.  That makes me happy.  :D

• MsLissy09 said:

(Ok I'm new here)

Me hugging Andy Ross when they were in Milwaukee.  That makes me happy.  :D

Hugging Andy Ross is a very happy thing. Welcome, MsLissy!

• Today I put on my OK Go radio station on Pandora, and it didn't play just The Strokes, Band of Horses, and Everclear (they always play them, I don't know why), but seriously every song after another was good!  Months of thumbs upping and downing finally paid off.

I noticed that on Pandora they don't play OTBCOTS.  Maybe they are and I just didn't notice.  Anyone notice this too?

• samanferr! said:

I noticed that on Pandora they don't play OTBCOTS.  Maybe they are and I just didn't notice.  Anyone notice this too?

I hadn't really noticed because I have a contentious relationship with my iPod, which is where I mainly use Pandora. That said, I haven't ever had Pandora bring up any tracks from OTBCOTS.

Of course, when I play my Housemartins station, it plays 90% The Smiths/Morrissey and occasionally some Simply Red ("I'm Mick Hucknall, and hairspray sticks to the roof of my mouth!"  <---- Please pardon my personal memory/inside jokeEmbarassed...). If I wanted that, I'd play my Manc2 playlist ("Manc1" is Buzzcocks, Joy Division, a bit of the Fall etc., "Madchester" is almost entirely Stones Roses, because I like it that way Wink).

The Housemartins are from Hull, and aren't even near being a Manchester band in sound, so I don't know what Pandora is doing there. Incidentally, my Housemartins station will play Beautiful South, but never any Fatboy Slim. Go figure.

Oh yeah, my happy list thing for this post involves a roll of quarters and a roll of gaffer tape.

Get your mind out of the gutter, girls, it's not like that...Laugh   

• Have the quote boxes given up on me?

Anyway: Housemartins. I know nothing of the band but for:

Since this is the Happy thread, it can go here!

Clip from Doctor Who, Tennant recording some nonsense for a character to fast forward though. The relevant section starts about :50.

• Im happy because I just found out Im going to see Ok Go For the first TIME!!!In november which sucks though because thats in 4 months but still YAY!!!!hehehehehe Damian,Tim,Andy,Dan ahhh IM SOO HAPPY!!!I FEEL LIKE DAMIAN WHEN HE FIRST MET KERMIT THE FROG!!LOLZ