In this Discussion

Random Stuff

Comments

• I made a fellows drivers license today and as I was entering his info I noticed his name was A. Ross.  : )
  • I saw this kid who looked exactly like the blonde kid in The Fade To Black video and like a spazz, ran up to him and asked, "Do you play an instrument?" He did not, and I was crushed.Cry
  • aaaw :( hey this is random and to be fair, probably belongs in the movies discussion, but has anyone ever seen Fern Gully?
  • According to a lady in my neighborhood, who is a psychic astrologer (What? I live in Eugene Oregon. When I was a teenager, Ken Kesey used to harrass kids downtown when they were high--and he was too, I'm sure--it was worst when The Dead were in town, and, perhaps oddly, better when Leary was visiting. I have long suspected that the current concentration of "new age" practitioners in this area is directly related to a day in the spring of 1988, which is when, I believe, a large quantity of acid accidentally ended up in all the city fountains by the Atrium.) I digress... I do have a point, and believe it or not, it belongs in this thread.

I was grumbling about having to spend the last 6 hours babysitting my laundry (rather than putting it in and coming back upstairs to write/eat/whatever) because all the people in my building need lessons in remedial laundering and shared facilities etiquette, and freaking out over messing up my hand on the door again (seriously, ADA people. Look into it). I really would've rather been up here working, particularly on the proposals for Paracadute. Then the woo-woo woman informed me that as this was the last week of a 1 month and that this week is the most positive and whatnot (whatforth) for getting my creative ideas into a form that will help me manifest them. Then, not knowing what I would have rather been doing besides guarding my clothes from the laundry impaired population of my building, she tell me that tomorrow is the best day of the entire year to work on proposals! Not tonight, but tomorrow and into Wednesday specifically.

I thought that was kind of cool. Especially because the damn weighted door slamming into my hand again has made typing uncomfortable tonight and I still have yet to eat anything. So Tuesday's the day to whip the proposal into shape. I also think (and I thought this before the woman started talking to me) that I should try to have it ready by Saturday. I was just thinking it's the end of July, start of August. It seems, however, according to her, that the week also ends with auspicious energy for having people receive my ideas and react enthusiastically. Well that's wonderful, but what does that have to do with Amber and/or her art? 

Because Jadey is on holiday, I don't have easy, prompt contact with her this week. So I may need assistance (proof-reading, pulling me back from the urge to follow too many tangents, general opinions). I may also need to include that OKGhosts fan art, because not everything Jade and I are working on visually is ready yet. So, Amber, may I call on you if necessary? Smile

• 867-5309, dearheart.

In other words, yep! Also, if I can fraking beta a couple of ZombieGo stories... what can I say but yes!

Messaging me on FB will get my attention.

I would guess that most of this would need to be sent via email. Just message me on FB to remind me I HAVE an email and go check it, for heaven's sake. =D

• violetchaos364 said:

867-5309, dearheart.

In other words, yep! Also, if I can fraking beta a couple of ZombieGo stories... what can I say but yes!

Messaging me on FB will get my attention.

I would guess that most of this would need to be sent via email. Just message me on FB to remind me I HAVE an email and go check it, for heaven's sake. =D

Wait, your name's Jenny? Laugh

I'm getting a late start this evening. Because the food thing is happening again :( I fell asleep again right after getting up today and I just woke up half an hour ago. SO I need editorial coffee, but it's after 5 PM. What's a girl to do? Especially with my ideas leaking out all over the place (I mean to OKGo, not my kitchen floor), faster than I can get them into presentable form. 

If only I hadn't gotten sick, this would have been done and submitted 3 weeks ago.

• Haha! Yeah, Jenny's a pseudonym.

Ran across the acronym HIGA today at work. I didn't even think to see what that version was short for.

=D

• My friend just asked me "Who's Joan Jett?"

She was serious.

I feel old.

• OH MY GOSH! And a few months ago a co-worker said, "Who's Paul McCarthy?"

>dies rather than live in this ignorant world!<

• I was on my computer and went on this website that plays movies and i wanted to see Paranormal activity and when i put it on search it had PAranormal activity 2 and i thought it was just the trailer and ITS ACTUALLY THE REAL MOVIE!!!I was going to watch it right now but im to scared so im just gonna watch it tomorrow when its sunny LOLZ

• tiff124 said:

I was on my computer and went on this website that plays movies and i wanted to see Paranormal activity and when i put it on search it had PAranormal activity 2 and i thought it was just the trailer and ITS ACTUALLY THE REAL MOVIE!!!I was going to watch it right now but im to scared so im just gonna watch it tomorrow when its sunny LOLZ

wait no i was wrong i guess its a remake its not like a funny remake it is scary but idk what it is????

• tiff124 said:

I was on my computer and went on this website that plays movies and i wanted to see Paranormal activity and when i put it on search it had PAranormal activity 2 and i thought it was just the trailer and ITS ACTUALLY THE REAL MOVIE!!!I was going to watch it right now but im to scared so im just gonna watch it tomorrow when its sunny LOLZ

wait no i was wrong i guess its a remake its not like a funny remake it is scary but idk what it is????

• tiff124 said:

My friend and I actually got so slammed with motion sickness we had to leave the movie! I still haven't seen the rest of it. I was so ticked, but, gerfff! Just getting to the good bits! I didn't even get motion sick with The Blair Witch Project!

• Last night, I was sleeping over at my friends house and at 1:30 in the morning I got REALLY hungry and decided to make me some Raisen Bran. But because I'm such a noisy eater, I decided it would be polite to eat OUTSIDE, so I wouldn't wake anyone up. So I went outside and as I poured the milk in a whole mess of ants came crawling out!Surprised Freaked out, my friend and I ran inside. I still don't understand what happened.
  • emseyluvsu said:aaaw :( hey this is random and to be fair, probably belongs in the movies discussion, but has anyone ever seen Fern Gully?

HOLY CRAP! Yes I have! My teacher had us watch it in science class in 7th grade. I never got to see the end of it tho...Frown

• Legs still hurt after trying to walk up a (very steep) part of the Great Wall...worth it though :D

Home on the 4th everybody!

Just read the proposal. Sounds good to me, a little teasing is always good and attracts attention ^.^

Have you written a final draft and sent it yet?

• squashedbanana said:

Legs still hurt after trying to walk up a (very steep) part of the Great Wall…worth it though :D

Home on the 4th everybody!

Just read the proposal. Sounds good to me, a little teasing is always good and attracts attention ^.^

Have you written a final draft and sent it yet?

Not yet sent. Just finished the final draft of all the pieces this morning.  I am going to assemble it all later today (and possibly put parts up online, because some of the graphics may look better that way… then I can send both an attached copy and links so it can be viewed without importing or downloading anything… Also more than one person will be seeing it and this will be quicker!). I did each section separately for formatting and sanity, you see. Wink

• I was trying to get my mind off of OK Go by watching a Kaiser Chief music video and mid-way through they drew a picture of a fish with a thought bubble and I tried to pause it so I could read what is said. I am terrible at pausing on cue and ended up on the next frame. Guess what the next frame was? Two of the band members wearing OK Go t-shirts. I know they toured a little together but the one frame out of the whole thing that I pause on has to do with OK Go.  Because that attempt failed, I turned on the TV. Five minutes into the show, they go in a bedroom and blamo, a big picture of OK Go.  It must be a sign that I need to just accept my fangirly love for OK Go.Laugh
  • soccerkeeper6 said:I was trying to get my mind off of OK Go by watching a Kaiser Chief music video and mid-way through they drew a picture of a fish with a thought bubble and I tried to pause it so I could read what is said. I am terrible at pausing on cue and ended up on the next frame. Guess what the next frame was? Two of the band members wearing OK Go t-shirts. I know they toured a little together but the one frame out of the whole thing that I pause on has to do with OK Go.  Because that attempt failed, I turned on the TV. Five minutes into the show, they go in a bedroom and blamo, a big picture of OK Go.  It must be a sign that I need to just accept my fangirly love for OK Go.Laugh

This sort of thing has been happening to me with increasing, and alarming, regularity. I think you are correct. It is a sign. Just accept OK Go. The band is, after all, taking over the world. 

…one fangirl at a time.

• Today is 8-9-10.

That is all.