In this Discussion

OK Go Dreams

Comments

• Sunnyside said:
    ChristelAdina said:

Or maybe it was a casual discussion the other day in which a friend reminded me of another OK Go connection (Damn, those guys know everybody!Surprised)

Six Degrees of OK Go? Laugh

Yes, but far fewer than 6 in most cases.

• I fell asleep briefly, earlier after taking a muscle relaxer, and even though I was out for less than half an hour, OK Go invaded my sleeping mind (I may have to call the dream police, this is getting ridiculous!).

For at least the third or fourth time in the last two weeks, this OK Go dream has involved amusement park/fair/carnival rides and activities. Ferris Wheels and Water Rides/Features seem to be the most prominent. And usually at some point I hear "White Knuckles." Even though I think there is other music in the dreams too, that's the one that stands out. 

And I wasn't listening to it when I dozed off, because that would be too obvious. I was listening to Grand Duchy earlier...

• I was riding on a bus and Tim was there. I asked him if he had been experiencing headaches lately. He looked at me, all bright eyes and intently listening, answering in a suprised tone, "Yes!" I told him about drinking lots of water so he didn't get hydrated, as that can cause headaches. I asked him about caffeine intake and advised him to be moderate.

Why headaches? I have no idea. I do know that I am concerned about their hydration with all the touring, the singing, and the alcohol. (I'm NOT saying they are alkies! It's just that alcohol is really de-hydrating!)

But the point kinda is that Tim was looking directly at me listening, with his bright, shining, piercing, intense brown eyes.  I'm sure it was he I was talking to because he's the one I talked to the most when we met the band before the concert at the Chicago Metro.

Then I saw Keith Haynie, the bassist for another of my fave bands, and decided to introduce them, bassist to bassist.

The end.

Sorry, not more interesting. My husband teases me that I don't dream right about my crushes/fandoms. I just hang out with them and chat and eat and stuff, instead of more.. interesting... things to do. Sheesh, I'm modest in my dreams, too. =D

(12? WTF? I've posted more posts in the last couple of days.... ya think I would have hit a 23 ONCE!!) Again, =D

• Among other cute, funny, fantastical, odd dreams last night, dreamt that OKGo were playing "I love my love". But it got off track during Damian's turn, because he just kept going and going and going. Instead of one word for each category, he just rattled off adjectives with a gleeful abandon. Every time he'd pause for breath, I'd think he was finally on to the next category, but he'd just keep shouting out strings of descriptive modifiers that started with "C". 

Finally Tim stood up, turned and walked to the door. He opened it and went out, closing it behind him. Seconds later it opened again and he came over to me and ushered me out of the room, motioning for Dan and Andy to follow and then closing the door on Damian, whose love was now "candescent", "calcivorous", "canicular", "capriform", and "cataplexic",* behind him.

Andy said, "I didn't get a turn," and I said, "Me neither, and I brought up the game." Dan glanced at the closed door and said, "He's still talking."

Tim said, "Of course he is." 

Then we went off in various directions and I don't think anything else happened. Weird what a feverish brain can come up with when it has been reading too much.

*These were just a few I recall, that he was saying as everyone filed out. Pretty amusing to remember it this morning and think: Damian's love is a glowing, limestone-eating, goat-girl from the Dogstar who is playing dead. SurprisedLaugh

I should note that I was writing something yesterday that pertained to Sirius the Dogstar. No idea about the goat thing, though.

• I dreamt that OK Go put up a video on YouTube and it was Andy saying that he's leaving the band to focus more on SDR and Tim and Dan said that there's gunna be no more OK Go because it's all Andy's fault.

ARGH!

I would die if that actually happened

• Oh noez! How would they find yet another guitarist/keyboardist named Andy? That's a finite resource!
  • You know how sometimes when you are at the grocery or at a museum and there might be a hundred people there but you keep meeting the same few people over and over? That was Beckysioux and Damian in my dream last night.
  • Sunnyside said:You know how sometimes when you are at the grocery or at a museum and there might be a hundred people there but you keep meeting the same few people over and over? That was Beckysioux and Damian in my dream last night.

It must mean something. Coincidence is just a word. Smile

So, this morning I dreamt that I was going to something that OK Go was doing/playing (it may have been the NJ festival Rachel posted about, or PopTech because it seemed to be now-ish) and I had a TON of money, apparently, because I was inviting a bunch of the midwestern Boardies to come along, my treat, and booking flights, hotels and stuff all very last minute. Amber was trying to get the time off to come out for a couple of days beforehand and it was all very exciting. But I remember there being something weird about having a lot of trouble trying to convince Becky to join us … As if she'd need to be convinced :P

That's a dream I'd like to come true! Only, I'd want to bring everyone.

• ChristelAdina said:
    Sunnyside said:You know how sometimes when you are at the grocery or at a museum and there might be a hundred people there but you keep meeting the same few people over and over? That was Beckysioux and Damian in my dream last night.

It must mean something. Coincidence is just a word. Smile

So, this morning I dreamt that I was going to something that OK Go was doing/playing (it may have been the NJ festival Rachel posted about, or PopTech because it seemed to be now-ish) and I had a TON of money, apparently, because I was inviting a bunch of the midwestern Boardies to come along, my treat, and booking flights, hotels and stuff all very last minute. Amber was trying to get the time off to come out for a couple of days beforehand and it was all very exciting. But I remember there being something weird about having a lot of trouble trying to convince Becky to join us … As if she'd need to be convinced :P

That's a dream I'd like to come true! Only, I'd want to bring everyone.

Dude. TRYING to get time off? Hm. Yeah. Uh, I have a wedding. I'm a bridesmaid. My mother in law died. No, last time she was just REALLY sick. Like every other year. Having a family emergency. My brother is coming home from the Army. Uh, well, of course I have a brother. My husband is having surgery. No, on the OTHER hip this time.

I've had daydreams of having a bit of the ready and getting people together from all over. I would quit my job and be a full time fangirl and take my fangirlfriends with me!

• I dreamt that I got in trouble with school and they were hunting me down - police and everything - so I had to go into hiding so Mrs. Sefton told me that I should go and get a job far away from town and start a new life so I did and the job was to look after OKGo.

I met Damian first, Andy was in a bit of a mood so he didn't talk to me much. I put my arm through Damian's and walked with him around the shopping mall with the others trailing behind and before long it was time to go so we went to the parking lot and tried to find the cars OKGo rented to get around then there was this driving instructor lady that told Dan and Tim where their car was while Andy found our car and called me and Damian over. W'hen we started driving we couldn't get out because the police had found me so basically the dream ended with a car chase around a parking lot.

Darn you police! *shakes fist*

• This is a really weird dream.

I was going down the stairs in my house and for some odd reason I decided to open the door and blam-o, Tim, Damian, Andy and an old lady.  "Hi, what brings you guys here?" I asked them.

"We couldn't find a hotel so we thought we would come here," Damian told me.

I asked them, " To get directions?"

"Yeah, sure," Andy sarcastically said as Damian and Tim slowly walked past me and into the house.

"Um, you can stay here, I guess," I took the hint from Andy's sarcasm.  I had Andy and the mysterious old lady come in and then showed them around. When we got to my room, Damian said, " This will work,"  Then draped himself over the top of my glockenspiel and fell asleep.

" Looks good to me!" Andy shouted and then proceded to lay down on the floor and fall asleep.

" Okay!" The old lady (slowly) walked over to my bed, got in, and fell asleep. Then I turned expecting Tim to follow the three but instead he ran down the stairs and into the kitchen and started talking to my brother.  I asked, " Where's Dan?"

"Well," Tim hesitated, " He got sick so we got a replacement, and everyone loves the elderly!"

" Whatever works..." I told him. Then Tim jumped on the couch, fell asleep and I woke up.

Here are the things I question in my dream: even if their GPS was broken they must not have read any road signs to get to my town from the airport. Also why would they go to some random house to crash at, don't they have cell phones? I still am confused why my subconscious substituted Dan for an old lady, I mean, WTF? Plus, they chose my room, my brother's room has all the instruments they would need for a concert, except a microphone and it's very rockerish and cool, but they chose they pink soccer room?  Of course once they got to my room, Damian, with apparent first chose for beds chooses the glockenspiel. I guess music always has been close to his heart.  Andy's floor choice was smarter, he didn't go for the bed but it was a better choice than the closet.  I should have told them it was a trundle so they could pull out the second mattress. Oh well.

TA DA there was my crazy dream hope you enjoyed it! 

• I had a dream the other night that I don't really remember, but there's a few fragments left:

This actually came near the end of a longer, completely unrelated dream. I was walking down the street and I saw the guys walking into a hotel.  Cue fangirlish dream-glee. As I was passing the hotel, Damian leans out an open window and yells, "Holy shit!" and points at me. Tim, Dan, and Andy rush to the other windows and look at me.

Later, somehow they're all in this crazy, fancy, ridiculously gaudy house that somehow I know is mine (yuck) and my parents are there with me, and I show the guys to their suite thing where they're going to stay instead of the hotel :)

Then I leave them alone for a while while they unpack, and later I open the door and they're cooking something, so I ask Tim what they're making. He said they were cooking savory french toast and so we begin talking about various breakfast foods and I put in a plug for the amazing Waffle Window (which is just what it sounds like; a window on a side of a building where they serve nothing but waffles. Heaven.) Then the guys come out of their room and I have my phone and the first thing I think is that I need to take a ton of pics so I can post them here and give them to you, lovely boardies. Jeez, what is this, Inception?

• I was signing on to post about a really weird dream I had this morning, involving OK Go and Lady Gaga, and what do I see but Ok Go's retweet about Gaga and the VMAs… spooky. Anyway here's the dream:

I was leaving a hotel or apartment building I didn't recognize as any place I've actually been, with 2 friends. One was someone I know (though, I can't for the life of me remember who she was now) and the other someone I am supposed to meet (she seemed to think it so, in the dream anyway, she kept referring to how glad she was to finally meet me).  We were going somewhere close, within 20 blocks and I was prepared to set off in the proper direction, but my companions were suddenly upset to find we weren't driving or taking a car. We crossed the street and it started to rain really hard, so the friend I didn't know was going to go back for our umbrellas and the one I did know decided to abandon the whole trek (I said, "It's only rain. It's only 20 blocks. It's gonna clear up in a minute. I can see a patch of blue sky over there," pointing, but she was having none of it.) So I ducked into a Dairy Queen to await umbrellas or blue skies.

It was an old style Dairy Queen. More like a roadside stand with drive up/through spaces, but I didn't see any car hops or girls on roller skates. It wasn't a sit-down place inside at all, but it had a few bar stools at the counter and was very small and open on one side, like from when my mom was young, so it must've been the south. Well, and there was a Mardi Gras Krewe sheltering inside as well, so yeah, definitely the south.

Questlove from the Roots was there, along with a couple of horn players I know, and the rather bedraggled Krewe. The woman behind the counter was exasperated because Questlove's lady kept trying to order things that weren't on the menu. My horn player friend offered to get me something, because it was clear that neither of my friends from earlier were coming back, at least while the rain continued. I asked for a butterscotch dipped chocolate soft serve cone. And the cone the woman began to fill was a giant, waffle cone, which itself was chocolate, and had writing I couldn't read all around its edges.

Questlove leaned over and said, "Look!" And we all turned to the open part of the DQ and watched as a beautiful woman appeared in the mist. She had a gorgeous feathered skirt that fanned out around her like real plumage, but was dyed in tiers each representing a color of the rainbow. She smiled, bowed and blew me a kiss. Then, as she splashed down the street (she was barefoot), the rain began to slowly let up and I realized I could read the writing on my cone ("Votre temps vient. votre temps est venu."), but when I glanced back up she'd faded leaving only a trail of rainbow colored feathers to follow.

Questlove & the Krewe were in awe and apparently waiting for me to say something, so as the sky was still clearing I said to the woman behind the counter, "Turn on the radio." She did and the DJ announced, "Here's the latest from Lady Gaga," and a song began to play. It was clearly, very clearly, about Tim. I looked at the little crackling speaker in the coner of the ceiling and was thinking, "Damn! Gaga! If you're going to write about Tim Nordwind, you at least need to make it a better song! Tim deserves more than this! I could write a better Tim song!"  

Then I took my cone and led this parade of people down the path picking up the fallen feathers along the way and fashioning them into tiaras. I saw Damian getting out of a car and called, "Are you going to join us?" He grinned and then bounded over to me. I handed him a fistful of feathers and asked, "Did you know Lady Gaga wrote a song about Tim?" He replied mock solenmly, "Tim is crafting the appropriate parody response as we speak." Questlove picked up Damian and spun him around like a little kid. Then we all started laughing and singing and throwing feathers to the sky.

I don't know why Tim wasn't actually in the dream, it's a little disappointing. Unless he's actually crafting a Gaga parody, which would be awesome! Wink

• ChristelAdina said:

I was signing on to post about a really weird dream I had this morning, involving OK Go and Lady Gaga, and what do I see but Ok Go's retweet about Gaga and the VMAs… spooky. Anyway here's the dream:

I was leaving a hotel or apartment building I didn't recognize as any place I've actually been, with 2 friends. One was someone I know (though, I can't for the life of me remember who she was now) and the other someone I am supposed to meet (she seemed to think it so, in the dream anyway, she kept referring to how glad she was to finally meet me).  We were going somewhere close, within 20 blocks and I was prepared to set off in the proper direction, but my companions were suddenly upset to find we weren't driving or taking a car. We crossed the street and it started to rain really hard, so the friend I didn't know was going to go back for our umbrellas and the one I did know decided to abandon the whole trek (I said, "It's only rain. It's only 20 blocks. It's gonna clear up in a minute. I can see a patch of blue sky over there," pointing, but she was having none of it.) So I ducked into a Dairy Queen to await umbrellas or blue skies.

It was an old style Dairy Queen. More like a roadside stand with drive up/through spaces, but I didn't see any car hops or girls on roller skates. It wasn't a sit-down place inside at all, but it had a few bar stools at the counter and was very small and open on one side, like from when my mom was young, so it must've been the south. Well, there was also a Mardi Gras Krewe sheltering inside as well, so yeah, definitely the south.

Questlove from the Roots was there, along with a couple of horn players I know, and the rather bedraggled Krewe. The woman behind the counter was exasperated because Questlove's lady kept trying to order things that weren't on the menu. My horn player friend offered to get me something, because it was clear that neither of my friends from earlier were coming back, at least while the rain continued. I asked for a butterscotch dipped chocolate soft serve cone. And the cone the woman began to fill was a giant, waffle cone, which itself was chocolate, and had writing I couldn't read all around its edges.

Questlove leaned over and said, "Look!" And we all turned to the open part of the DQ and watched as a beautiful woman appeared in the mist. She had a gorgeous feathered skirt that fanned out around her like real plumage, but was dyed in tiers each representing a color of the rainbow. She smiled, bowed and blew me a kiss. Then, as she splashed down the street (she was barefoot), the rain began to slowly let up and I realized I could read the writing on my cone ("Votre temps vient. votre temps est venu."), but when I glanced back up she'd faded leaving only a trail of rainbow colored feathers to follow.

Questlove & the Krewe were in awe and apparently waiting for me to say something, so as the sky was still clearing I said to the woman behind the counter, "Turn on the radio." She did and the DJ announced, "Here's the latest from Lady Gaga," and a song began to play. It was clearly, very clearly, about Tim. I looked at the little crackling speaker in the coner of the ceiling and was thinking, "Damn! Gaga! If you're going to write about Tim Nordwind, you at least need to make it a better song! Tim deserves more than this! I could write a better Tim song!"  

Then I took my cone and led this parade of people down the path picking up the fallen feathers along the way and fashioning them into tiaras. I saw Damian getting out of a car and called, "Are you going to join us?" He grinned and then bounded over to me. I handed him a fistful of feathers and asked, "Did you know Lady Gaga wrote a song about Tim?" He replied, in mock solemnity, "Tim is crafting the appropriate parody response as we speak." Questlove picked up Damian and spun him around like a little kid. Then we all started laughing and singing and throwing feathers to the sky.

I don't know why Tim wasn't actually in the dream, it's a little disappointing. Unless he's actually crafting a Gaga parody, which would be awesome! Wink

• The pther day I had a dream where I just started college and the teacher told me I had to go down to the computer room and write out an essay.

The essay question was 'How does Dan Konopka keep shooting for those goals' or something like that. I think I was under the impression that it was any type of goal like scoring a goal in football or a goal in life. Anyway, I ended up getting distracted by Facebook and friends at college so I never got round to writing the essay in my dream.

• I Had this dream last night were I wa waiting in line to see OK GO(heheh ok go) and I was super duper excited but when it was my turn to see them they had to leave I started crying (tear tear) then I felt someone give me a big hug and it was Damian (heheheh) and I was like super shock but very very happpy so I hugged him back.We just kept hugging for like 10 minutes then Tim joined (heheheh tim) after like 30 minutes dan and andy joined and in my dream we were just hugging each other then I woke up :(
  • I did have an OK Go dream last night....but I barely remember what happened :|

Um, lets see...

All I remember is that I was sitting with OK Go on a round table next to Andy talking about random stuff. I think I was in their tour bus. :( I wish I remembered more about that dream.

(2+1=3...maybe we should talk to Andy about the Math Required...it's...too easy)

• I had an OK Go dream! I don't remember much about it though. Except it was in a white room and there was a ping pong table and I hugged Rusty Laugh but then he left and Damian was there and I'm pretty sure you don't want to know the rest. Embarassed
  • Time to bring this thread back with a dream I had today :)

I dreamt that I stepped outside of this restaurant to have a breather and this annoying girl who I used to know from primary school was there and she started asking me why I had rejected her friend invite from Facebook (I did actually do this) and I started to explain but then I noticed Andy sitting with his knees up a few feet away from me so I completely ignored her and went over to him.

"Hey Andy"

"Hi Jade"

"Hey wasn't it your birthday a few days ago?" (apparently it was March in my dream)

"Yeah"

"Oooo, you're 31 now right?"

"Yeah"

"You can barely tell"

"Hehe, thanks. It's probably because of my eyes, it's like the matrix code for girls."

"Huh?"

"Well when girls look deep into my eyes they forget what age I actually am and see my youthful self…for example"

Then turned his body to face me directly and stared into my eyes with a smirk and I looked deep into his eyes, slowly being entranced by his beautiful blue eyes.

• Eh, this is already in the LL thread, but it is a dream, so i'll repost.

I had a dream last night where the guys were playing a show on a boat on a river. There was these huge Disneyland-esque switchback lines to get there, and I had to fight my way to the front while picking up guitar picks with their faces on them (I'm guessing this stems from the Tim pick I got for my birthday). Eventually I made my way to the very front where some wooden bleachers are, right in front of the guys, and they began their set. (Trust me, this gets to the point soon.)

They began playing TTSP, and since Dan was there they didn't need aross to play shaker, so they were playing along and then he pulls out some yarn and begins knitting a sweater of some sort. Then he comes across the river and starts talking to me about the picks I had picked up and knitting and goats and pictures and all sorts of things. Finally, the song ends and aross climbs back up on stage and then Damian starts talking about the new LL video. A huge screen comes from nowhere and a video begins playing. It was a video of several pieces of toast with faces, hanging from strings, swinging in the wind.

And this is where I fall asleep. It was very Inception-y. I fell asleep during the dream, and when I woke back up in the dream I was reading the boards where I had posted a video that I had taken of the toast video. The strange part was, I dreamed an entire thread of people discussing the vid and how it was possibly fake. Then someone suggested I had dreamed the entire thing and accused me of falling asleep during the show and making it all up. I was very confused. 

And that is my strange LL dream. Enjoy.

YAY! 23!