In this Discussion

Random Stuff

Comments

• I just had a s'mores poptart. It was good. Just thought i'd post about it.

• SuperCartoonNinja said:

I just had a s'mores poptart. It was good. Just thought i'd post about it.

Those are seriously the best.

• Tempe Arizona said:
    QUOTE (DJRose @ Jan 21 2008, 12:47 PM)

I am so bored that my brain is going to shrivel up and die. No, really.

Why is the office even OPEN today?

Once upon a time there was a Lovely Princess who worked for a Wicked Wizard in a stifling office building called ZorCom!. (Yes, the wizard and his company were so evil that there was even an exclamation point at the end of the company's name.) One day, the Lovely Princess escaped the Wicked Wizard to get a drink of coffee at the local beverage establishment. There she met Handsome Coffee Addicted Prince. This prince had a trusty bald headed squire. Ironically, Trusty Bald Headed Squire was the squire's name. Handsome Coffee Addicted Prince could talk about anything and everything. While Trusty Bald Headed Squire nodded in agreement to nearly everything the prince said. Lovely Princess could barely get a word in. But she soon realized she had to get back to work or Wicked Wizard would be angry. She ran off on Handsome Coffee Addicted Prince right in the middle of his monologue about apples, lye, and how to be charming and suspicious while all at the same time being vicious. (Most people in the room completely lost track of what Handsome Coffee Addicted Prince was saying a long time ago.)

As Lovely Princess charged from the room, she left behind her address book with all the important people she was supposed to call that day. Wicked Wizard would not be happy about this. He had people working on a day most people get off from work. But no, not ZorCom!. At ZorCom! work must proceed continuously. The Wicked Wizard had a slew of house elves laboring for him. All Lovely Princess could do was shake her head and feel sorry for her house elf friends. Lovely Princess came back to work, her head still spinning with a mixture of happiness and confusion at having chatted with Handsome Coffee Addicted Prince. Soon she realized she had left behind her address book! She panicked. She knew she couldn't leave work and look for it. Wicked Wizard had cameras everywhere. He would never let Lovely Princess leave. Still, she needed her address book or encounter Wicked Wizard's wrath.

As she sat there, planning what to do. She suddenly heard a guitar cord, similar to the cord played in one of her favorite songs DWYW. (We're still trying to figure out what the initials DWYW stands for. Apparently its' somthing, but then again, it could be nothing.) Handsome Coffee Addicted Prince came thru the doors with a guitar in his hands and music in his heart. He brought with him his friends. Their names were Bliss in Silver Pants, Drum Pounding Sparkle Eyes, and of course Trusty Bald Headed Squire. They played her a song and presented her with her address book. Wicked Wizard did not like this disturbance. He came down from his office at the top of the bell tower to see what the commotion was. When he saw the four lads, a magic shuffle insued. Wicked Wizzard used incantations to turn the guitars into animals. But instead, the magic backfired onto Wicked Wizard. Wicked Wizard turned himself back into human and declared that the only way the lads could stay for the day was if he could play too. The lads let him audition for them. And so he did. He could play drums with his feet, guitar with one hand, a triangle with the other hand, and a kazoo all at once. The lads were impressed. Wicked Wizard, at least for a few hours, became Musical Maniac. The house elves continued their work, but this time more happily as the music played. Lovely Princess got a raise in her salary. And they all lived happily ever after.

(^^A mix of all sorts of genres that I can get sued for: Harry Potter, Beatles cartoon, Mixed Up Fairy Tales, Scooby Doo. Renaissance Fair Meets 1970s kitch....But all for the Lovely Princess wink.gif )

It took me some time to find this, but I felt it needed a bump.  I still have this printed and hanging at my desk at work.

• Holy Crap, I forgot all about the Epilogue.  I should've printed it too, except there's really no room for it up here… Cry

Tempe Arizona said:

QUOTE (DJRose @ Jan 21 2008, 02:03 PM)

That is quite honestly the greatest story I have ever read in my entire life. The only thing that could possibly make it better would be for the Handsome Coffee Addicted Prince to whisk the Lovely Princess away and bring her on tour, and write songs for them to sing as duets because he loves her singing voice so very much. Maybe in the sequel?

Lol! I actually was going to do something like that. Somehow at the end I got distracted and forgot to put it. There will be a sequel. Obviously, cause here it is:

After the Wicked Wizard's daring performance in the middle of the atrium of ZorCom!, the band of lads realized it was time to go on tour. The Wicked Wizard insisted on coming too. Handsome Coffee Addicted Prince told the Wicked Wizard flat out no. However, Coffee Addicted Prince and his friends did think Lovely Princess had a lovely voice. (Indeed, everything about her was lovely. Thus she was called Lovely Princess by all who knew her.) The Wicked Wizard was not pleased with this. Handsome Coffee Addicted Prince and his friends whisked Lovely Princess away on tour with them to fight evil dragons and bring the righteousness of rock to the people's hearts. Lovely Princess crafted some fine tunes that eased even the most disgruntled ogres. Handsome Coffee Addicted Prince insisted that some of these songs be done as duets. These were great crowd pleasers. Wicked Wizard grew jealous. He began to follow them across country to heckle, not realizing he was more of groupie than a trouble. Wicked Wizard tried to sabatoge shows with his little magic tricks. Instead, these tricks looked like great stage effects. Wicked Wizard decided to just give up on hassling Handsome Coffee Addicted Prince and Lovely Princess. He started his own music website where he could play his songs. He spends all his time nowadays in his belltower playing video games and designing his website. He is no longer a bother to great rock and roll music. Lovely Princess's songs were wildly popular and quite the toe-tapper. The lads got their own Saturday morning cartoon show thanks to her. They all lived happily ever after.

(I guess it's more of an epilogue than a sequel. I would have made it more elaborate, but now I should go study. Bleh. Toodles! Don't worry, Rachel, the day is yours) wink.gif

PS, I'll have you know that I've now printed your story and it's going to be posted at my desk.

Aww, you're welcome. If I had more time, I would make the epilogue way better. Yey, glad I could make your day.

• DJRose said:

Holy Crap, I forgot all about the Epilogue.  I should've printed it too, except there's really no room for it up here… Cry

Tempe Arizona said:

That is quite honestly the greatest story I have ever read in my entire life. The only thing that could possibly make it better would be for the Handsome Coffee Addicted Prince to whisk the Lovely Princess away and bring her on tour, and write songs for them to sing as duets because he loves her singing voice so very much. Maybe in the sequel?

Lol! I actually was going to do something like that. Somehow at the end I got distracted and forgot to put it. There will be a sequel. Obviously, cause here it is:

After the Wicked Wizard's daring performance in the middle of the atrium of ZorCom!, the band of lads realized it was time to go on tour. The Wicked Wizard insisted on coming too. Handsome Coffee Addicted Prince told the Wicked Wizard flat out no. However, Coffee Addicted Prince and his friends did think Lovely Princess had a lovely voice. (Indeed, everything about her was lovely. Thus she was called Lovely Princess by all who knew her.) The Wicked Wizard was not pleased with this. Handsome Coffee Addicted Prince and his friends whisked Lovely Princess away on tour with them to fight evil dragons and bring the righteousness of rock to the people's hearts. Lovely Princess crafted some fine tunes that eased even the most disgruntled ogres. Handsome Coffee Addicted Prince insisted that some of these songs be done as duets. These were great crowd pleasers. Wicked Wizard grew jealous. He began to follow them across country to heckle, not realizing he was more of groupie than a trouble. Wicked Wizard tried to sabatoge shows with his little magic tricks. Instead, these tricks looked like great stage effects. Wicked Wizard decided to just give up on hassling Handsome Coffee Addicted Prince and Lovely Princess. He started his own music website where he could play his songs. He spends all his time nowadays in his belltower playing video games and designing his website. He is no longer a bother to great rock and roll music. Lovely Princess's songs were wildly popular and quite the toe-tapper. The lads got their own Saturday morning cartoon show thanks to her. They all lived happily ever after.

(I guess it's more of an epilogue than a sequel. I would have made it more elaborate, but now I should go study. Bleh. Toodles! Don't worry, Rachel, the day is yours) wink.gif

PS, I'll have you know that I've now printed your story and it's going to be posted at my desk.

Aww, you're welcome. If I had more time, I would make the epilogue way better. Yey, glad I could make your day.

Holy crap. That is sheer brilliance! Who wrote the original, and what's the backstory behind it? And is it about Rachel?

• Aleatory said:

Holy crap. That is sheer brilliance! Who wrote the original, and what's the backstory behind it? And is it about Rachel?

LOL!

Tempe wrote the stories.  I was totally bored at work one day.  It was actually MLK day and our office was one of the last offices in town that didn't close for MLK day (we do now, because it was ridiculous - we're a law firm and even the Courts were closed).  I am Lovely Princess, because I have a total Princess Complex, complete with Tiaras. 

• This song has been an earworm. A good earworm, but an earworm nonetheless.

Cee Lo Green - Fuck You

• Aleatory said:

First, I go, shucks:

Then, I go, you're too kind:

Dang, the things I can write when I should be studying. Thanks for reminding me you two about getting on writing more!

Uh-oh, Rachel don't have to work Monday, do she?

• Tempe Arizona said:
    Aleatory said:

First, I go, shucks:

Then, I go, you're too kind:

Dang, the things I can write when I should be studying. Thanks for reminding me you two about getting on writing more!

Well, you're very welcome! Reading that made my day.

The thing that keeps getting me (in a good way) is the Trusty Bald-headed Squire and Drum Pounding Sparkle Eyes. :D

I can't help but giggle when I think of that.

• Tempe Arizona said:

Uh-oh, Rachel don't have to work Monday, do she?

Hahaha, no, I don't. Laugh

• Is it sad that I woke up today, like I do everyday, wishing desperately this pitiful program would get one more teacher (aka attending). Then I said to myself, "they have as much chance of adding a new attending as I do of finding a boyfriend here." I went to synogogue that night and talked to a geeky boy who is becoming a pilot and wants to take me flying and friended me on face book on the spot. I think he's maybe six years younger than me. I'm not all that attracted to him, but the irony of my grumbling is amusing.
  • While working at the British Heart Foundation I found quite a few cd's on EMI's label

Made me chuckle :P

• WOOOOORRRRRKK!!!!

(...and yet I'm so distracted)

Hey writers out there, how the hell do you fight procrastination (don't tell me the need for money, I mean creative motivation not monetary)?

• Tempe Arizona said:

WOOOOORRRRRKK!!!!

(...and yet I'm so distracted)

Hey writers out there, how the hell do you fight procrastination (don't tell me the need for money, I mean creative motivation not monetary)?

Not too much of a writer here, but I dabble in a bit of fan fic. The thing that gets me going is to promise someone that they will be getting a story from you, soon. Then you get the little sad Facebook messages - so, um, how are you doing on that little story, uh, you know, the one you said you would write for me?

OR maybe that's just my friend Sadie (the guilty party who started me on writing little fan fics). Laugh

• first of all, i am disappointed in the lack of randomness going on around here...

second of all, it was 8 years ago today that i joined the old school ok go board... 8 years!..

• darbie_starpower said:

first of all, i am disappointed in the lack of randomness going on around here...

second of all, it was 8 years ago today that i joined the old school ok go board... 8 years!..

Happy 8-year boardie anniversary, Darbie!  Here's a cake to celebrate.  :D

• Happy Anniversary, Queen Bee!!!! Can I have a slice of that cake?
  • Happy Boardiversary, Darbie! LaughLaugh

And in more random news, I just got home from picking up my very drunk roommate and making a most awkward stop at the McDonald's drive-thru. I'm pretty sure the man who took our order does not like us, but the nuggets are deliciously worth it. Now I'm going to watch Dexter!

• Tempe Arizona said: Can I have a slice of that cake?

of course!..

• darbie_starpower said:

first of all, i am disappointed in the lack of randomness going on around here...

You are amazing, Darbie.  :-D  Happy Boardiversary!