In this Discussion

Life is Good Festival, Boston 9-12-10

Comments

• Wow, they're already on DWYW. This was a short show. And no confetti. :(

Allergic to whole wheat.
  • Exciting, fantastic, and, yeah, seemed short.

• For those who didn't see the whole thing or missed some of the show, here's the set list:

White Knuckles
    I Want You So Bad I Can't Breathe
    AMW
    HIGA
    WTD on handbells
    Don't Ask Me
    Get Over It
    Skyscrapers
    This too Shall  Pass
    Do What You Want

Allergic to whole wheat.
  • AND that's what we could have had in Tinley Park/Chicago back in June. Damn. I get it now. Damn tech difficulties (WITHOUT 'Confrontion'!) and douchebags in the audience. Yell
  • beckysioux said:Life is tolerable.

One of my favorite lines.

Damian was especially funny and charming today.

October 10th can't get here soon enough.

• Hi, girls! I haven't been here in a while.

I'm so glad I got to watch that. I'm always so inspired after an OK Go concert. It even affects me when I'm only watching a live stream online, apparently. So many things I want to do now. I want my life to change. It's GOING to change. OK Go has this effect on me.

"This Too Shall Pass" always makes me think of drinking a beer in the summer, swinging the bottle and singing. Today, I was able to go get a beer from my refrigerator & drink it during that song. That was pretty awesome. :)

Aw, I miss you guys - I miss OK Go, and I miss you boardies. I love ya.

• No doubt, Snack_Cakes! Looking forward to seeing you again! So glad you can come up and visit with Becky! Woot! Mini-mini-Boardie get together!
  • sureeyesawake said:

Hi, girls! I haven't been here in a while.

I'm so glad I got to watch that. I'm always so inspired after an OK Go concert. It even affects me when I'm only watching a live stream online, apparently. So many things I want to do now. I want my life to change. It's GOING to change. OK Go has this effect on me.

"This Too Shall Pass" always makes me think of drinking a beer in the summer, swinging the bottle and singing. Today, I was able to go get a beer from my refrigerator & drink it during that song. That was pretty awesome. :)

Miss you too, even though I met you IRL all of once! Wink

• Noooooo! I missed it!Yell Argh. Does anyone know where I can see it elsewhere?
  • sureeyesawake said:

Hi, girls! I haven't been here in a while.

Hi Suzanne! Are you going to the Louisville show? I'll be there with Becky and Jennifer. It would be great if you and Sunnyside Hannah could make it!

And Amber, YAY for Chicago! Looking forward to seeing you again, too!

BTW, I missed White Knuckles completely and part of IWYSBICB. Bummer.

• violetchaos364 said:AND that's what we could have had in Tinley Park/Chicago back in June. Damn. I get it now. Damn tech difficulties (WITHOUT 'Confrontion'!) and douchebags in the audience. Yell

True. But don't forget that we also got Debaser and You're So Damn Hot.

Allergic to whole wheat.
  • soccerkeeper6 said:Noooooo! I missed it!Yell Argh. Does anyone know where I can see it elsewhere?

I know that UStream tends to keep their live feeds for later viewing. Not so sure about Livestream. They might archive, you should look into it.

Or wait a while and someone might post it here later if it is archived.

Allergic to whole wheat.
  • beckysioux said:
    violetchaos364 said:AND that's what we could have had in Tinley Park/Chicago back in June. Damn. I get it now. Damn tech difficulties (WITHOUT 'Confrontion'!) and douchebags in the audience. Yell

True. But don't forget that we also got Debaser and You're So Damn Hot.

TRUE DAT! Woot! Hey, finally got me some Pixies for my birthday!

Wow, Andy's suit looked positively pink, with that one blue light on it (at least on my computer). He's Red Delicious and His Amazing Color Change Dream Suit.

If I didn't have to go to Florida (Destin, in the Panhandle, for those keeping score at home) late Sept/early Oct, I'd totally take that vacation time and do a mini-fangirl-follow tour of my own! (Oh, yeah, and if I had the money, too. Wink )

• I SHOULD go to the Louisville show. I hadn't planned on it, but I really should. It's a university campus show primarily for students, so I'll feel weird, but I've done at least two of these, at Notre Dame and Butler in Indianapolis - and I guess MSU in East Lansing, so what the hell. I'll work on getting Hannah to come with me. It's during the week, which isn't ideal, but again, what the hell. ;)
  • I just looked carefully at the schedule, and if I didn't have to work that week, and I had gas money, I could make the MN show (okay, if I had that Friday off), Chicago, KY, AND OH. Crap. Yell I think I just depressed myself.

Wait, no, no, no, not going to look at it that way. I just got livestreaming OK Go practically in my lap, so I'm happy. Laugh

• sureeyesawake said:I SHOULD go to the Louisville show. I hadn't planned on it, but I really should. It's a university campus show primarily for students, so I'll feel weird, but I've done at least two of these, at Notre Dame and Butler in Indianapolis - and I guess MSU in East Lansing, so what the hell. I'll work on getting Hannah to come with me. It's during the week, which isn't ideal, but again, what the hell. ;)

Yes, yes you should. The best part, it's free!

Allergic to whole wheat.
  • sureeyesawake said:I SHOULD go to the Louisville show. I hadn't planned on it, but I really should. It's a university campus show primarily for students, so I'll feel weird, but I've done at least two of these, at Notre Dame and Butler in Indianapolis - and I guess MSU in East Lansing, so what the hell. I'll work on getting Hannah to come with me. It's during the week, which isn't ideal, but again, what the hell. ;)

I second what Becky said.

And the university made it a public event so you shouldn't feel weird.

I'm sad about missing the meet up in New York but we may have a couple Boardie mini-meet ups afterall!

Amber, don't be depressed. The 10/10 Chicago show will be your third this year, right? Seeing a band three times in one year is pretty good.

Well, it is for "normal" people. Laugh

• violetchaos364 said:

Wow, Andy's suit looked positively pink, with that one blue light on it (at least on my computer). He's Red Delicious and His Amazing Color Change Dream Suit.

Heheheh. It was very pink. I was thinking Red Delicious is Hot (Pink)! Yours is sooo much better.

I wasn't surprised the set was short. I was, however, surprised that it was a full 15 minutes shorter than the Refugee All Stars and many other acts, though. Maybe it's because OK Go is the headliner in my head. :)

• Dammit!  Totally missed it.
  • Snack_Cakes said:

Amber, don't be depressed. The 10/10 Chicago show will be your third this year, right? Seeing a band three times in one year is pretty good.

Well, it is for "normal" people. Laugh

Oh, sure, lay on the perspective!

And I didn't even know who these guys were a year ago.

Yeah, they are human catnip - WITH A SIDE OF CRACK! 

(addiction!)