In this Discussion

OK Go on TV shows, movies commercials etc.

Comments

• That's cool, no hard feelings? I know OK Go is just that awesome, you want to yell it to the sky.
  • I wasn't sure where to put this, so apologies if this isn't the best place.  I just wanted to share what I think is good use of "1,000 miles per hour" in this time-lapse video: http://bit.ly/bhsdo8

• DrZoops said:

I wasn't sure where to put this, so apologies if this isn't the best place.  I just wanted to share what I think is good use of "1,000 miles per hour" in this time-lapse video: http://bit.ly/bhsdo8

That's great. Really, really brilliant (I am a sucker for that sort of thing!). Thanks for posting it. I'm not sure if it shouldn't be posted in the "OK Go...Stuff" thread instead, but here is fine with me.

Smile

• I forgot to mention that I saw the My Generation trailer spot the other day, which featured TTSP. That was the day I had all the other awesome things happen, many of which made it onto my Facebook profile. That's probably why I forgot to note the OK Go in my previews experiences here (OK Go was in the background of another ad or trailer too, but it wasn't new to me, so I can't quite recall what it was).

I know people involved in the My Generation show, including some who may be involved in the music, I think I may have to congratulate them on good taste in music placement (even though I have little hope for the show itself).

EDIT: I preemptively rescind my congratulations to the music supervisors at My Generation. I just went to the show's site. The TV spots and other publicity clips are incredibly bad examples of music placement. As much as I love "Bittersweet Symphony" (1997) and "You Can't Always Get What You Want" (1969), what do those songs have to do with a high school class of 2000 and its 10 year reunion? Honestly, who makes these decisions? "Oh, the average ABC audience won't know OK Go, let's give them the Stones and the Verve doing the Stones…"

I mean, if you're going to go there, why not just be bloody obvious and play the Who? Pete will sell it to you!

/edit rant

• DJRose said:

Soo, new movie.

http://www.rttnews.com/Content.....6&SM=1

Pearl Jam and Weezer are speaking up in support of a new documentary, Countdown to Zero, which chronicles the global nuclear arms race.

The film follows nuclear arms development through World War II, the Cold War and today. Other bands to speak out on the film's behalf include R.E.M., Nine Inch Nails and OK Go.

Countdown to Zero was produced by Academy Award winner Lawrence Bender (An Inconvenient Truth, Pulp Fiction), and features interviews with prominent world leaders, including Tony Blair, Jimmy Carter and Mikhail Gorbachev.

The film opens July 23 in New York and Washington, DC, and then in 20 other U.S. cities July 30.

Here's some more stuffs on the movie: OK Go, Mayer Hawthorne and More Condemn Nuclear Weapons in 'Countdown to Zero'

• I don't know if this has been posted yet, but my friend had this on her profile, and I had to pause it to check if I was listening correctly!

Our boys' song promoting a great cause.  Makes a girl go "Awwwww". 

P.S. I apologize for my less than stellar technological skills.  I have no clue how to make the link do that cool thing where you just have to click on one word.

• A lot of great people in that PSA. Doesn't Dakota Fanning have a fantastic voice? Smile
  • Anthrogal23 said:

I don't know if this has been posted yet, but my friend had this on her profile, and I had to pause it to check if I was listening correctly!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v.....r_embedded

Our boys' song promoting a great cause.  Makes a girl go "Awwwww". 

P.S. I apologize for my less than stellar technological skills.  I have no clue how to make the link do that cool thing where you just have to click on one word.

Hey, if you really want to know, highlight the one word you want to link, click on the link button, and post the URL there. Then press insert and you've got yourself a one-word link!

• Weeee, I just saw Damian and Tim (Damian in all his white wool sweatered glory) on VH1's 100 Greatest Aritist of All Time. On the part I saw, they were featured in hour #5 about midway through, speaking about Elvis. Funny how after Elvis was Prince, but no Damian or Tim talking about that.

Edit: Wee, they were alos shown when they got to the Beatles in the countdown, same hour 5.

• Tempe Arizona said:

Weeee, I just saw Damian and Tim (Damian in all his white wool sweatered glory) on VH1's 100 Greatest Aritist of All Time. On the part I saw, they were featured in hour #5 about midway through, speaking about Elvis. Funny how after Elvis was Prince, but no Damian or Tim talking about that.

Edit: Wee, they were alos shown when they got to the Beatles in the countdown, same hour 5.

My friend told me about that after the fact, i was saddened that I missed it. 

• Guys, was looking for performances for the last night concert and came across this:

Sorry about the Portuguese, but you guys can see them walking and playing around the streets of Sao Paulo, which, if I knew, I would've been there. They even talk about Dan's battle with Animal LOL

PS.: This is from a cool TV show about culture mostly in São Paulo called Metropolis. 

• Reminder: White Knux vid premier on The Ellen DeGeneres Show on Monday, September 20th.

New: Live appearance on The Tonight Show with Jay Leno that night.

Info taken from here.

Finally, a Monday that is actually good.

• nalunas said:

Guys, was looking for performances for the last night concert and came across this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v.....lUHjnebIys

Sorry about the Portuguese, but you guys can see them walking and playing around the streets of Sao Paulo, which, if I knew, I would've been there. They even talk about Dan's battle with Animal LOL

PS.: This is from a cool TV show about culture mostly in São Paulo called Metropolis. 

Thanks for posting! YAY Colorful OK Go walking and playing in the streets!

I'm taking the liberty to put this link on the VMB thread, too, as Jade and I (well, the two I found) have found some pics related to it!

EDIT: AND I just saw that the two I found are from the set that Jade found. =D I love the internet!

• Just saw this whilst watching Glee.

Finale by OK Go. It's a commercial for the Flip video camera. And I find it awesome that the tagline is "Give The Season's Best Gift". I mean really, OK Go in your stocking or under your tree/menorah/kinara/festivus pole, that would be the best gift ever.

• beckysioux said:

Just saw this whilst watching Glee.

Finale by OK Go. It's a commercial for the Flip video camera. And I find it awesome that the tagline is "Give The Season's Best Gift". I mean really, OK Go in your stocking or under your tree/menorah/kinara/festivus pole, that would be the best gift ever.

Hanukkah's tomorrow! A girl can only dream...

• beckysioux said:

I love that!

And OK Go as a holiday treat? Yes, please.

• beckysioux said:

First of all, Glee = fun :)

Funny, I was writing a christmas list to put on tumblr and one of the entries was OK Go :)

Lulz, festivus...And yes, I do get that...

• Okay, I guess this is where I put this…there's really not a specific category…

OMFG. so great. I love the mustache/hair and the little glasses on Chin Tim.

23. FYEA.

linkies: http://doyouflip.com/video/jingle-chins-by-ok-go/

• ...and here's the full verison of the Flip jingle!

(totally pisses me off that "Chinfinite" is missing an I on the greeting card >:( BAD typo!) 

Alas - Damian's smirk at the end of it totally melts me <3 :) 

• laydeejol said:

...and here's the full verison of the Flip jingle!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v.....r_embedded

(totally pisses me off that "Chinfinite" is missing an I on the greeting card >:( BAD typo!) 

Alas - Damian's smirk at the end of it totally melts me <3 :) 

I don't know about you guys, but I find it really creep-tastic. I mean, it's awesome and all, but it creeps the ever living daylights out of me. I guess it has to do with the little googly eyes stuck to their chins. Though I do find it pretty neat that they were able to find glasses for Tim's chin.